Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I just did a google search and this charging issue thing is a big deal.

4:10..its legit

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
How do you calibrate it?

Full article
How To Calibrate iPhone Battery |

How To Calibrate the Battery
The first step is to drain the battery completely. This can be accomplished with normal use, but sometimes this may not be an option. After all, you don’t want to head off to work with 2% battery life left. Sometimes that 2% can last a few hours. It’s best to drain the battery when you can do without your device for several hours, perhaps before bedtime. To expedite battery drainage, turn on the flashlight, turn up the brightness, and play a video, preferably streaming over the Internet.

Once your device powers off due to insufficient battery charge, it’s best to leave it for some time. If possible, leave it overnight and don’t charge it until the following morning. This is not always an option, and if it’s too inconvenient, skip this step. Allowing the device to sit overnight will further drain the battery. You may notice that even when your iPhone runs out of juice and powers down, when you immediately plug it back in, you will see it at 2-3% charge. This is partly due to the fact that some battery life was remaining when it powered down. To keep your data safe, iOS has to power down before the battery is fully drained. Otherwise, it would shut off without being able to save its state to secondary storage.

Next, plug your iPhone into the charger. Keep it in the charger until it’s at least 100% charged. If possible, keep it in the charger longer. According to Apple, 100% means that you will get the expected battery life, but the device can charge beyond this. Keeping the device in the charger after it reaches 100% will ensure it is fully charged. Two additional hours should do it.

It is best to charge your iPhone when it is off. After you plug in the charger, your iPhone will automatically start up in a few minutes. When it is back online, simply hold down the sleep/wake button and slide your finger over the off switch. Your iPhone will charge faster when it is off. It will also generate less heat, which will extend overall battery life.

If you turn your iPhone off to charge, make sure to estimate how long it will take to charge beyond 100%. Five hours is a safe bet for an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. My iPhone 6 will charge to 100% in three hours, but the extra two hours will ensure that it is fully charged — beyond 100%.

Now that your device is fully charged, you should reset it. This is done by holding down the sleep/wake button (on the top of the device) and home button, until the Apple logo appears. Your device will boot up and is now reset. Remove the charging cable when your device is up and running.

When draining my battery, I usually let it sit for an hour or so afterwards just to make sure any remnant energy is totally discharged as well. Then, once it's charged to 100%, I'll continue to let it sit on the charger for another couple hours.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Apple event rumoured for October 25th. Need that iPad Pro since mine is on its last legs. Hopefully a better redesigned AirPods than this silly one they’ve got.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Full article
How To Calibrate iPhone Battery |

When draining my battery, I usually let it sit for an hour or so afterwards just to make sure any remnant energy is totally discharged as well. Then, once it's charged to 100%, I'll continue to let it sit on the charger for another couple hours.

:salute: My man. Just did this today and I can definitely see a bump in performance. Before the calibration my battery was going from 100 - 0 in about 4 hours, even with power saver on. I'll definitely still look to buy a new battery.

If only I could do the same calibration with my Mac Air :francis:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
:salute: My man. Just did this today and I can definitely see a bump in performance. Before the calibration my battery was going from 100 - 0 in about 4 hours, even with power saver on. I'll definitely still look to buy a new battery.

If only I could do the same calibration with my Mac Air :francis:
You can do it with your Mac Air, same steps