Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Knew not to trust those early Twitter reviews. Marvel/Disney paid them to say positive shyt

Yep...I'm shocked that it's at 62%....Judging by those early twitter reactions, I didn't think it would fall below 75%

Starting off this early in the low 60's....damn....shyt might fukk around and land in the 40's.

Booty ass summer so far

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yep...I'm shocked that it's at 62%....Judging by those early twitter reactions, I didn't think it would fall below 75%

Starting off this early in the low 60's....damn....shyt might fukk around and land in the 40's.

Booty ass summer so far

If it wasn't for "Mad Max" this summer would've been a bust.

Fred.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this is weird, b/c every site/youtube channel/ etc i frequent absolutely loves this movie. these aren't early reviews either, they waited for the embargo.

i tend to think a lot of the tightass critics will be the ones to hate on this

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You're blaming a website that accumulates reviews for the reviews themselves? :heh:

They don't accumulate reviews. They try to ascertain the "mood" of the review and say whether or not it's positive or negative. Metacritic does the same thing, but worse because they take it a step further and try to determine a specific number from it.

Mind you, the first negative review posted on RT for "TDKR" got death threats. If you don't think that played a role in determining whether or not the subsequent reviews were positive or negative....well, that hunk of shyt movie has 272 positive reviews. That should speak for itself.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
They don't accumulate reviews. They try to ascertain the "mood" of the review and say whether or not it's positive or negative. Metacritic does the same thing, but worse because they take it a step further and try to determine a specific number from it.

Mind you, the first negative review posted on RT for "TDKR" got death threats. If you don't think that played a role in determining whether or not the subsequent reviews were positive or negative....well, that hunk of shyt movie has 272 positive reviews. That should speak for itself.

Fred.
But your opinion doesnt equal everyone elses. I hated avengers, but the fact it has a high score doesnt ruin its credibility. I just disagree.

Lots of people love tdkr and think its a great movie.

And death threats on the internet is about as common as sneezing. Joss whedon received death threats over aou.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But your opinion doesnt equal everyone elses. I hated avengers, but the fact it has a high score doesnt ruin its credibility. I just disagree.

Lots of people love tdkr and think its a great movie.

And death threats on the internet is about as common as sneezing. Joss whedon received death threats over aou.

Breh, you're missing my point.

It's not my opinion, or your opinion. I could easily say a review is good to skew the % if I worked for that site. Who is going to argue with me? There is no set system for determining whether or not a review is good or bad.

What if a review says a movie has great acting, but it's boring? What if a movie is entertaining, but terrible by any other measure of the word? It's not an exact science, even taking bias out of the picture. So saying "all they do is accumulate reviews" isn't accurate.

And no, most situations aren't like "TDKR". A guy shooting up a movie theater tends to lend more credence to internet death threats than usual.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Fred.

No homie they do accumulate and leave it to the reviewers to determine whether their individual review is fresh or not; I've heard critics talk about that. So It's not on Rotten Tomatoes to determine if it's rotten or fresh, the reviewer handles that themselves. You mad at dark knight rises score? Be mad at the critics

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No homie they do accumulate and leave it to the reviewers to determine whether their individual review is fresh or not; I've heard critics talk about that. So It's not on Rotten Tomatoes to determine if it's rotten or fresh, the reviewer handles that themselves. You mad at dark knight rises score? Be mad at the critics

I'm going by what Wikipedia says:
Rotten Tomatoes staff first collect online reviews from writers who are certified members of various writing guilds or film critic associations. To be accepted as a critic on the website, a critic's original reviews must garner a specific number of "likes" from users. Those classified as "Top Critics" generally write for major newspapers. The staff determine for each review whether it is positive ("fresh", marked by a small icon of a red tomato) or negative ("rotten", marked by a small icon of a green splattered tomato). (Staff assessment is needed as some reviews are qualitative rather than numeric in ranking.) At the end of the year, they identify the film that was rated highest as receiving the annual "Golden Tomato".

If this info is outdated, let me know. :manny:

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm going by what Wikipedia says:

If this info is outdated, let me know. :manny:

Fred.

Well I get that lol but I'm going off of what critics have said. I've listened to a few IGN podcasts with critics saying it's hard doing that sometimes on RT because sometimes it's not as simple as "fresh or rotten" so Wiki says one thing but a reviewer themselves is saying something different, I'm going with the reviewer