Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
hopefully we get a nice 3 minute final US trailer with a couple new shots this week

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
BOX OFFICE: Early Tracking Indicates That ANT-MAN Will Be Yet Another Hit For Marvel

Guardians of the Galaxy exceeded expectations at the box office last year, but will Ant-Man do the same? Tracking is indicating a very BIG opening for the smallhero, so hit the jump for details on how much the finale to Phase 2 is expected to earn when it opens on July 17th...

d0ETAMI.png

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ant-Manis tracking to open with as much as $65 million at the North American box office on July 17th. That would be a big win for the movie, especially as tracking two weeks ago was nearer the $55 million - $60 million range. As you can see from the Tweet below, it could potentially go even higher than that depending on the reviews and early word of mouth.Guardians of the Galaxy far exceeded expectations in 2014, so there's really no reason why Ant-Man can't and won't do the same. We'll just have to wait and see how thing go.

These numbers are comparable to bothCaptain America: The First Avenger and Thor, but as the movie is apparently considered more family friendly than those, it could easily overperform. Ant-Man's budget is said to be around the $130 million mark, so it being a hit won't be that difficult a task. Depending on how that plays out, don't be surprised to seeAnt-Man 2 added to Phase 3.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Meh, critics and fans alike hyped up GotG as being one of Marvel's best and that movie was 'alright' at best. At least the bad guy seems more integrated in the narrative here rather than being some completely interchangeable power seeking world destroyer, so that certainly already gonna put it over GotG and Thor 2.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

word on the street is Marvel is like bad boy in 97
diddy-dance-o.gif

Marvel got the jucie 12 in a row

Like Every Other Actor, ANT-MAN's Michael Douglas Is Hoping To Join THE AVENGERS
122416.jpg

In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Hank Pym was Ant-Man in the 1960s, meaning he obviously wasn't a founding member of The Avengers. Even so, Michael Douglas has now revealed that he's hoping to get the chance to suit up in the near future by joining the ranks of Earth's Mightiest Heroes...

NHS5JsL.jpg

One of the most disappointing things about the otherwise brilliantThe Avengers is the fact that Ant-Man and The Wasp weren't founding members of the team. That's partly down to the many times Edgar Wright delayed the movie and the direction Marvel decided to go in by having an older Hank Pym serve as a mentor to Scott Lang. Regardless, Michael Douglas is very keen on reprising the role in the near future. Captain America: Civil War or as a member of The Avengers? "Honey, I’ll go anywhere. I’ll go anywhere they want me to. I like this Marvel family; it’s a lovely group. I’ll be honest, their track record’s impeccable — I mean, that’s 12 in a row, right? Who’s done that?"

As for Ant-Man, Douglas had nothing but good things to say about the project. "I think it's incredible," he tells Vulture, "when you have a break from working with the first unit, which is the actors, and you get to go watch the second unit with the stuntmen or the third unit with the special effects or the fourth unit which is the ant’s point of view, the macro photography — and you see how they put it all together." What kind of role would you like to see Hank Pym take on in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? As always, share your thoughts on these comments below...
Source: Vulture

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
One of my homeboys saw an early screening is said that it's sad that they show Falcon on the TV spots. He said, in the movie, there was no build-up or clue that Falcon or any Avenger for that matter would show up, so when Falcon did the whole theater went nuts. He said we got robbed of a good surprise, cuz it was a good shocker in the movie.

Last edited: