Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
One of my homeboys saw an early screening is said that it's sad that they show Falcon on the TV spots. He said, in the movie, there was no build-up or clue that Falcon or any Avenger for that matter would show up, so when Falcon did the whole theater went nuts. He said we got robbed of a good surprise, cuz it was a good shocker in the movie.

:damn: why did I click this bullshyt!!!

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
muthafukkas be locked in on internet reviews and shyt?:ohhh:

your stupid ass cant judge some shyt for YOURSELF?:deadmanny:

If it weren't for Roger Ebert I would've missed out on a whole bunch of movies that I might've skipped over. A good reviewer can sell you on a movie as much as they can convince you to let it go. The problem is that sites like RT and Metacritic don't give a damn about the arguments and simply reduce reviews to "good" or "bad" for this twitter/facebook/don't have time to read ass generation.

It doesn't help that everybody and their mother is doing reviews these days either even though they can't write, articulate, explain their thoughts properly or be professional on top of having no audience outside of @FlyRy.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
If it weren't for Roger Ebert I would've missed out on a whole bunch of movies that I might've skipped over. A good reviewer can sell you on a movie as much as they can convince you to let it go. The problem is that sites like RT and Metacritic don't give a damn about the arguments and simply reduce reviews to "good" or "bad" for this twitter/facebook/don't have time to read ass generation.

It doesn't help that everybody and their mother is doing reviews these days either even though they can't write, articulate, explain their thoughts properly or be professional on top of having no audience outside of @FlyRy.
i get high and watch flix
i been doin the shyt since i was 11
i am a genuine FAN of movies good and bad
i could never allow someone else take on some shyt to effect my own

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
i get high and watch flix
i been doin the shyt since i was 11
i am a genuine FAN of movies good and bad
i could never allow someone else take on some shyt to effect my own

So you've never checked out a movie because someone else recommended it? Because that would be letting someone else affect what you watch. :manny:

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
So you've never checked out a movie because someone else recommended it? Because that would be letting someone else affect what you watch. :manny:
muthafukkas i know aint really into movies
its me and maybe my cousin in st thomas
so yeah
i guess im influenced by some shyt she reccomends
overall i just like movies
its almost an obsession with me
seriously

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Why you keep going at him son? :deadrose: You know that man never did a thing to you

apparently

Well the thing I gather, and it's not just an internet thing but a thing with humans in general, is that we like to feel validated (and I'm using we in a general sense) and want to feel like what we like is liked by other people or what we're anticipating is liked by other people to give that sense of validation. Whether it's with movies, food, spouses or houses. I'm with you though in generally just liking what I like and not really giving a damn and if it's a movie I plan to see or really want to see, I will do my best not to read a review beforehand anyway, but I understand the feeling or desire to read reviews on that basic level. It's also like he said, sometimes people just want suggestions. There have been movies or tv shows that people have been put on to in the film room just because someone says it's good

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Why you keep going at him son? :deadrose: You know that man never did a thing to you

Well the thing I gather, and it's not just an internet thing but a thing with humans in general, is that we like to feel validated (and I'm using we in a general sense) and want to feel like what we like is liked by other people or what we're anticipating is liked by other people to give that sense of validation. Whether it's with movies, food, spouses or houses. I'm with you though in generally just liking what I like and not really giving a damn and if it's a movie I plan to see or really want to see, I will do my best not to read a review beforehand anyway, but I understand the feeling or desire to read reviews on that basic level. It's also like he said, sometimes people just want suggestions. There have been movies or tv shows that people have been put on to in the film room just because someone says it's good
me too
it aint like im this rouge movie watchin muthafukka that knows everything
i give everything a chance
then determine how i feel about it
my girlfriend
my muthafukkin homegirl
is korean
she done put me on to MAD shyt
and i was already up on asian cinema
and alotta shyt she hit me with was wack imo
so im iffy when it comes to reviews or reccomendations
ill just determine whats poppin or not for myself

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

I normally trust these dudes:ehh:

the way i looked at this (and i havent seen it) but im familiar with the character
this HAS to be in some way shape or form FUNNY
cause it cant be THAT serious without a muthafukka sayin "Ant-Man? cmon son!"
i mean shyt... i bought my son an Ant-Man bust for his room at his mothers house
and he looked at me like :dahell:
but he saw the trailer and was amped
i just hope for the sake of...
they start puttin out more minority characters
which i know i coming no doubt
but they need that

Conz

Superstar
Daps
new clip

this is what i don't understand. you can say Ant-man is a corny character and you're sick of superheroes, etc... but how can you not be interested in seeing a big budget movie with scenes like this? the promise of all the tiny perspective shyt is the whole reason to see this movie. that shyt is cool