Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Reviews so far

It takes ANT-MAN a moment to get cranked up, but once it does, it’s sensational. My favorite third-act of any Marvel movie.

Ant-Man is more methodical than most Marvel movies but it’s hilarious & a totally great ride. So many fun MCU links too. Another winner.

Ant-Man isn't just great entertainment, it's also a great movie. Marvel's most human film to date. Fantastic.

Ant-Man ties into the MCU without using any tangents. Almost all buildup, but that's a part of the fun with heist films. Great script.

Ant-Man is great! Lots of comedy & action. Definitely recommend it! #AntManEvent

ANT-MAN is fantastic fun with heart, wildly clever set-pieces, and a scene-stealing Michael Pena. It's a movie I want to be friends with.

"I will never go see Ant-Man! How dare they get rid of a filmmaker I like!"
(one year later)
"Ant-Man was sooooo good!"

Ant-man will return........ #antmanevent

Ant-Man is a different Marvel movie in scale (go figure!), but also a whole bunch of fun. Laughed a lot, and great performances all around

ANT-MAN is good. Not a disaster like some expected but also not a homerun. Has a *must see* after the end credits scene.

Bravo and well done @MrPeytonReed !! #AntManEvent I expected Ant-Man to be great and received phenomenal!!! #Marvel #AntMan

ANT-MAN is a TON of fun! It's Marvel's version of Ocean's 11. Great cast, slick score and two wonderful post-credits scenes #StayTillTheEnd

Negative :

ANT-MAN has some fun shrinking man stuff, but wow it's 90% exposition. Not one thing left implied. #FranchiseFred

Sadly ‘Ant-Man’ falls flat in almost every way. Doesn’t seem like it’s sure of what it wants to be. Not so much bad as it is blah.

:banderas:
If I'm not mistaken, #AntMan contains the first reference to #SpiderMan in the MCU
Hmm, I was just gonna wait till a cam drops, but I might go see this in theaters. I'll wait till the it releases and see thecoli's reaction before I purchase a ticket tho.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Well Age of Ultron's relatively low review scores did make it seem like there might be a chink in the armor.
Yeah, if Avengers 2 is a studio losing the bar is so high. Every other studio wishes they won like Marvel lost in that instance. Do you think DC/Warner would take AoU numbers and reviews today for their movie next year? I think they would.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Well Age of Ultron's relatively low review scores did make it seem like there might be a chink in the armor.

That was a sequel tho. It seems marvel puts more effort into introducing obscure characters. GOTG proved that much. AOU was meant to simply put the avengers on to the infiniti stones and set up the civil war. Every movie can't be a classic. Marvel knows how to adapt. Ant Man was looked at as the possible flop so they put more effort into it. The first captain America was meh so they put more effort into the sequel. I think the only issue with AOU is Weedon want to top the first one and put too much into it forcing the studio to make a bunch of edits. Usually when you see a directors cut you can see why they left those parts out as they don't really affect the movie. In this case I think they left out important shyt.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
They don't, they just praying for their downfall. I guess they will have to remain on their knees. lol
its funny
the times we're in
where people wanna laugh, be in suspense, and see some retarded special effects
muthafukkas could actually stick their hands in their face and act like this Ant-Man shyt wont pop in some way shape or form :deadmanny:
if anything, whether you like Marvel or not, you gotta AT LEAST dap these muthafukkas for even takin it there

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That was a sequel tho. It seems marvel puts more effort into introducing obscure characters. GOTG proved that much. AOU was meant to simply put the avengers on to the infiniti stones and set up the civil war. Every movie can't be a classic. Marvel knows how to adapt. Ant Man was looked at as the possible flop so they put more effort into it. The first captain America was meh so they put more effort into the sequel. I think the only issue with AOU is Weedon want to top the first one and put too much into it forcing the studio to make a bunch of edits. Usually when you see a directors cut you can see why they left those parts out as they don't really affect the movie. In this case I think they left out important shyt.
All marvel sequels are meh other than cap 2 imo

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Man I cant wait for this :wow:

Ok, the first mid credits scene:

Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) gives the WASP costume with wings to Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly). Hank explains to Hope what happened to Hope's mother Janet Van Dyne.

Final credits scene:

This one leads into Captain America: Civil War.

The scene has Captain America, The Falcon, and The Winter Soldier. Cap and Falcon have located The Winter Soldier to a remote location where The Winter Soldier is tied up.

Falcon asks Cap "Should I call Stark?"

Cap replies "No."

Falcon replies "I know who to call." Implying Ant-Man.

In case you didn't know, Falcon is in Ant-Man in a few key scenes.

There ya have it.

Ant-Man comes out in theaters on July 17th, 2015.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Yeah, if Avengers 2 is a studio losing the bar is so high. Every other studio wishes they won like Marvel lost in that instance. Do you think DC/Warner would take AoU numbers and reviews today for their movie next year? I think they would.
WB/DC definitely wants to make the money AoU made, but they also want a RT score above 80%.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
:mjlol:
crakkkers wanna make money
fukk planet YOU from?!
Absolutely, but there is correlation between reviews and tickets sold, especially when it comes to sequels. When reviews are good, it makes more people want to see a movie, to see what the fuss is about. And a good movie makes people want to see the sequel. Amazing Spider-Man 2 made over 300 million, but it was mostly hated. So even though ASM2 made a shyt load of money, there's a good chance it's sequel will flop hard because ASM2 being a bad movie will sour people on wanted to see its sequel.