OFFICIAL "Animal Ambition" Sales: FLOP! Sells 47k first week...91k after 6 weeks

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
Dat reverse death blow.

aBocrnP.jpg

MiC

Pro
Daps
mixtape doing 35k first week without any big singles :wow: all songs are already out on the internet for free and been so for several weeks

Huge daytime cable tv performance
Top 15 song on urban radio
A billion interviews dissing every black person alive
G unit reunion at summer jam
Music video premiers on MTV/fuse/revolt
10 singles with music videos for promo
Massive billboard in Times Square

This had as much or more promo than most rap albums

35k:mjlol:

Daps
35K. How the mighty have fallen. But I have a different perspective. Street Hop has clearly been fazed out of the mainstream. Just 11 short years ago, 50 was going damn near Diamond. Slowly but surely harder edged Hip Hop was again being replaced. Now 50's sales drop per album has been huge. From Doing 5-7 Million to Gold-Platinum. But I find it funny people are jumping up and down as if him selling 35k means anything more than what's going on sale wise.

50 Cent hasn't been viable musically really in 5 years. Yes you will throw up all those singles he dropped but no album ever came. 50 is all about his business now. Which is why he's constantly stayed on the Forbes list for the last 7+ years. Yes, I know. It's not about his money but the music. I haven't heard the album yet but I laugh at dudes bringing up Ross or other artist. The Run 50 Cent had from 03-07 was one of the best and most successful in Rap history. Ross could only dream of moving those units or being that popular. So to me, 50 has nothing to prove sales wise.

It's like when DMX only sold about 20k. X done moved 30 Million worldwide. 50 Done moved about 25-30 Million also. When you get that high you have nothing to prove. What hurt 50 is again he waiting to long between albums. The market has changed since his last album 5 years ago. Overall going to check out the album but this again glee happiness about 50 not selling is funny to me cause nobody is really selling really. 50 So yes 35k is low but 50 really has nothing to prove.

This is more than just sales climate.

Ross dropped recently and did close to 200k. Other artists in that bracket did 100k+. 50 should be doing the same -- if you want to make a case that he's still relevant. Its still a fall off but the sole blame is on the sales climate.

but 30k....

Tech N9ne did more than that. Ask me what Tech N9ne look like and see if i know:steven:

call_me_step_daddy

Real nikkaz,beat bytches
Daps
Reppin
in ya mama bed
not even on no hating shyt, but the only people i know that fukk wit 50 musically nowadays is his fans on here..but im still suprised he only hit 35k

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This is more than just sales climate.

Ross dropped recently and did close to 200k. Other artists in that bracket did 100k+. 50 should be doing the same -- if you want to make a case that he's still relevant. Its still a fall off but the sole blame is on the sales climate.

but 30k....

Tech N9ne did more than that. Ask me what Tech N9ne look like and see if i know:steven:

Actually Sale Climate is everything. Also 50 didn't have that Blockbuster single that he always has to push his albums. I agree with people that said this is basically a pressed up mixtape. As far as his relevency. Musically he's took a deep fall but 50 is still very visable in pop culture. As for Ross, what's the point of doing damn near 200k and you can't even get to Gold anymore?