OFFICIAL "Animal Ambition" Sales: FLOP! Sells 47k first week...91k after 6 weeks

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Is there some sort of limited distribution?

Anyways, I guess if you 50 stan you can always hope the projections are wrong. They forecasted Hip Hop is Dead would do 200k and that shyt did 355k first week. Same deal with Life is Good, it was projected to do 100k and it did 150k first week. So there's still a chance he can do higher numbers with his fanbase.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
mixtape doing 35k first week without any big singles :wow: all songs are already out on the internet for free and been so for several weeks

how is the album a mixtape?

Dude shot 14 videos, had album presales up for since what march, going on good morning america, and all the biggest radio stations, plus summer jam for mixtape?

Na breh this an album. It will sale or won't sale but this is an album.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Is there some sort of limited distribution?

Anyways, I guess if you 50 stan you can always hope the projections are wrong. They forecasted Hip Hop is Dead would do 200k and that shyt did 355k first week. Same deal with Life is Good, it was projected to do 100k and it did 150k first week. So there's still a chance he can do higher numbers with his fanbase.
Man how the hell did Hip Hop is Dead do 355k first week

swerve

All Star
Daps

Dude shot 14 videos, had album presales up for since what march, going on good morning america, and all the biggest radio stations, plus summer jam for mixtape?

how is the mixtape an album?
All tracks been out for free for months which is the definition of mixtape :stopitslime:

You are stupid if you think they would release all songs for free if they were hoping for big first week sales

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Man how the hell did Hip Hop is Dead do 355k first week

It was pretty hyped even with no single just off the title and the fact it was Nas on Def Jam, plus even though people were starting to not buy albums you still had support for event albums at the time. I still feel like that was the album that Nas should have been as urgent as he was on Life is Good

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
It was pretty hyped even with no single just off the title and the fact it was Nas on Def Jam, plus even though people were starting to not buy albums you still had support for event albums at the time. I still feel like that was the album that Nas should have been as urgent as he was on Life is Good
That still doesn't add up , Jeezy sold the same first week in 06 and Jeezy was buzzin like crazy :mindblown:

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All tracks been out for free for months which is the definition of mixtape :stopitslime:

You are stupid if you think they would release all songs for free if they were hoping for big first week sales

50 tried a unique marketing strategy and might as well have failed or succeeded depending on the sales.

What the point of doing all this for a mixtape. Has he even called it a mixtape? I have heard him sales won't be up to his standards but never have I heard him say its a mixtape.

But if I'm wrong, correct me:manny:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
That still doesn't add up , Jeezy sold the same first week in 06 and Jeezy was buzzin like crazy :mindblown:

Actually Jeezy sold slighty less the first week (overall he did better eventually), that's what made his whole "We'll see those first numbers, does Nas bust his gun " meltdown on the radio so funny:mjlol:

Plus, its Nas. He'll always have people checking for him even if others get more attention. As it is he's on a current streak of having his last 3 solo albums all debut on the Billboard album chart at number 1

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Videos do NOT equal singles. .

50 does videos because he's smart knowing he gets paid per click on YouTube. He shot a video for every song on his mixtape. My God you people are dumb.

The Mechanic by G-Unit | 50 Cent Music:

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Videos do NOT equal singles. .

50 does videos because he's smart knowing he gets paid per click on YouTube. He shot a video for every song on his mixtape. My God you people are dumb.

The Mechanic by G-Unit | 50 Cent Music:

It aint just the video's its all of the other promotion he is doing plus the videos.

So 50 going on good morning america to promote his "mixtape" that he is selling at best buy and had pre orders for on the internet.

Look I'm not here to shyt on 50. But its kinda of comical that people are pretending this isn't an album.

If he does well and it sells good for him. If it bricks it bricks.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY

:russ:This is the new talking point from G-unit headquarters?That it's a mixtape?:comeon:

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
The promotion behind this got real strong in the past week:ehh:

I predict around 250 first week, who want that bet?

edit:
probably landing around like the 213 mark:ehh:
I'll take that bet, he won't even do 150k first week.