newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
HBO Go update supports Android tablets up to ICS -- Engadget

When HBO Go launched for the Kindle Fire a few weeks ago it seemed odd that the app still didn't officially support other Android tablets, but now that has changed. v1.5 is now available on Google Play, and the release notes indicate it supports Android tablets running software up to 4.04 Ice Cream Sandwich. That would appear to lock out the Nexus 7 for now but since it hasn't been widely released yet, we'll let it pass (although it is worth noting that Netflix was updated with Jelly Bean support last week.) Another recent change across the tablet apps is that Time Warner Cable is a supported provider. The usual caveats still apply (you'll need HBO and of course, pay-TV to sign in) but the updated app is available now at the source link.

ah the joys of android

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Damn if this shyt wasn't so expensive it'd be a definite cop. shyt looks slick as all hell. Wonder what the effect on the battery is too though

Last edited by a moderator:

BAMA

Rap and bytches
Daps
Reppin
No Limit Records
Spent a few minutes playing with this guys S3 today.

That screen is NOT fukking with the EVO LTE resolution by a noticeable margin. I instantly noticed the graininess of some app icons and words. Both phones are smooth an fast though, no clear cut winner there.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Any ideas on which screenlock to use. I have Widget locker but I guess the one I got is pirated and it shuts down and I get a popup

The version of WidgetLocker you are using is unofficial and pirated. You should upgrade to the purchased version to get bug fixes, future updates, the full experience and to stop seeing this message!

Buy

Go Locker breh

JDee323

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LA
Any ideas on which screenlock to use. I have Widget locker but I guess the one I got is pirated and it shuts down and I get a popup

The version of WidgetLocker you are using is unofficial and pirated. You should upgrade to the purchased version to get bug fixes, future updates, the full experience and to stop seeing this message!

Buy
Milocker is better imo

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Listen.. some of you folks who review these things should at least understand the different between "iPad tablet" apps and Android apps. Android doesn't have "tablet specific" apps. The whole idea behind the Android apps was to scale to different resolutions and screen sizes so it doesn't have the same problems as Apple had with the whole 2x scaling crap.

Google has fragments and other APIs in Android that allow people to build apps that organize layout for different screen sizes including tablets but it's all the same app. There are no "tablet specific" apps so stop calling them that on Android.

Since the very first Android tablet that came out, almost all apps on Android worked just fine on them because they scaled properly unlike with Apple who has fixed/absolute UI design for apps and apps need to be rewritten/redone to scale to different form factor.

Some understanding of the topic in hand would be nice from "tech" journalists.

I agree completely Boz... All these Reviewers and Bloggers don't have a clue!

Android Phones and Tablets have moved towards a standard 16x9 1280x800 resolution over the past year and, while some have deviated from that model, they are properly defined to scale perfectly. Android Apps will run right regardless of the platform because they do scale correctly and that's all their is to it!

With Apple, they don't have a clue while their model is broken because, it is largely ignored by these bloggers. The truth is, an iPhone app at 960x640 3:2 aspect ratio, and an iPad App at 1024:768 4:3 aspect ratio aren't designed to run across both platforms. This is why Apply has the 2x button on iPhone apps and their images are all skewed!

Instead of Litigating Apple should learn what is good about Android and work out a deal for cross platform licensing deal that is beneficial to both!

:myman::mjpls:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So this means that this shyt works on the TouchDroid now right?
:beli:

from what ive read on XDA yea it should work fine now :ahh:

i havent installed and probaly wont , they need to get this on jellybean ASAP before my nex7 tab gets here