JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
So brehs, I'm reading these reviews of the latest Google TV. Only a few more updates before it becomes the best media device on the market. Hulu+, OnLive, and more TV apps = :noah:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So brehs, I'm reading these reviews of the latest Google TV. Only a few more updates before it becomes the best media device on the market. Hulu+, OnLive, and more TV apps = :noah:

honestly after the mess that was the logitech revue i would have to see one of these in action a few months down the road before i messed with it, that vizo box looks promising so far

good comment on engadget

I'm leery of how well this box will perform over the fiasco that was the Logitech Revue. I see from the specs that it does not list support for the MPEG2 codec. This is something that Google included in the OS, and Logitech removed much to Google's disappointment. I worry the same mindset might be at play here with Vizio.
Even with the latest update to Android 3.2 for Google TV, most of the main apps are out of date (Chrome, Flash, etc.). This causes them to crash a lot on the Revue. If the Co-Star doesn't contain updated versions of these apps, it will be the same end experience.
The specs also mention "Thousand of Apps". I laugh at this! While the app store currently states that there are over 1000 apps available for the Google TV systems, many of them don't match the functionality of the device. Who is going to play "Zombie, Run!" with a set-top box?
Both Google and the hardware makers need to get a better grip if they ever wish for these devices to take off.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
honestly after the mess that was the logitech revue i would have to see one of these in action a few months down the road before i messed with it, that vizo box looks promising so far

the problem with the revue was the software....sony's last box it was the software and hardware...now it's just the apps and lack of integration with things like Hulu. But yeah, I'm waiting for the Vizio box too
:smugfavre:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the problem with the revue was the software....sony's last box it was the software and hardware...now it's just the apps and lack of integration with things like Hulu. But yeah, I'm waiting for the Vizio box too
:smugfavre:

:scusthov: at least sony pushes out updates, speaking sony i just peeped the new sony GTV , thing is too big, i know its a blu player and all i think but these ppl need to think about form factor , vizio gotta it perfect with that small box

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
:scusthov: at least sony pushes out updates, speaking sony i just peeped the new sony GTV , thing is too big, i know its a blu player and all i think but these ppl need to think about form factor , vizio gotta it perfect with that small box

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last Christmas I bought the sony blu ray with google tv integrated and I love it. I have to have a blu ray player anyways, so why not? I use gtv every day...netflix and amazon instant watch mostly, but I bricked my galaxy tab and broke my laptop screen 2 weeks ago. been using chrome on gtv to get all my stuff done.

posting from my tv right now.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
waiting for this sim card to arrive in the mail from verizon
in the mean time, is there anyway I can make a wifi phone call with out one?

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
it formats the cache and data... not required but basically an optional precautionary measure... most people that flash with the Epic 4G Touch use that before they flash a rom... I got the Epic 4G Touch and I've flashed like 50 roms, as long as you are a Gingerbread based recovery and kernel (EL 29 is said to be the most stable of them all), then you're straight if you follow those directions I posted

if you flash a new modem, make sure you go into options ---> about phone, and update PRL and update profile

That's what was in the youtube video for they cyanogenmod rom, switch to EL 26 then update the PRL & profile.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
ok got another question

Galaxy Nexus
I went to this site that I would frequent on iphone and the onex

xnxx.com

i would usually just press play, and watch a video with the iphone
with the onex it would ask me if I would like to download or just stream it

but with the galaxy nexus, the only option it gives me is to download the video

is that normal? how can I change that?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
ok got another question

Galaxy Nexus

xnxx.com

have you tried it in desktop mode?

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
I followed the youtube video, & everything worked as it did in the video until i had to reboot the phone & the initial cyanogenMod animation stayed on my phone for 25 mins

I dunno then....did you do EVERYTHING the same way he did it in the video?

NUPE 1911

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ok got another question

Galaxy Nexus

xnxx.com

Download a different browser. I don't use the stock browser on my One X. I use Dolphin HD for streams and Chrome for browsing everything else (it is the fastest web browser).

Also, make sure you are in desktop mode. There is a setting in Dolphin HD that puts you in desktop mode at all times.