Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just got my nexus 4 in the mail. This phone is the G.O.A.T based of look and feel. Great Job google & LG

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The way yal coppin' these phones, yal should do reviews or some shyt.

:damn:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is my first impression which I take very seriously. Before this only the note 2 I felt was the go to android device. Now it all changed

If you dont think that the nexus 4 is a superior upgrade over the galaxy nexus then you have never felt or used this phone. Its not even close.

Things that reviewers didnt talk about

bonus- my screen percentage is 10% and my g.nex is at 60% same on time.....Very good sign...battery life is great so far. The phone heats up just like the gnex. If you get constant notification on the g.nex the phone becomes super hot. The plastic kind of made it not so noticeable. The nexus 4 heats up also like any other phone....

1. vibration touch feedback is now way better. When you press a button it doesnt lag at all. Its fluid.

2. Chrome had a yellowish look on the G.nex. It use to bug me. The stock was white on the g.ex weird

3. speed...speed..and more speed....4.2 was tailor made for the nexus 4 and it shows. The layout of the quick settings seems more leveled and cleaner

4. Signal strength is way better

5. The camera is great. Once again pressing the camera button equals quick respond

6. The phone is Thin, Back curves in your hand and its very Light to hold for a long period. Holding the phone to text is much easier with the curve

7. The speakers carries a richer sound. Same loudness but richness of the sound >>>

8. Speaker phone is superior

9. The glass back makes sense now. It gives the phone a very premium feel. Ill be using a bumper case

10. phone bill is $30 vs 100+ with verizon

11. The IPS display is great upgrade over amoled. Amoled is better when you view the image inside the view finder. Ips + warmer colors = a win

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
So I'm the only Note 2 owner who want CM 10 with some S-PEN functions? I hate TW. But i do use the SPEN

Not likely to happen anytime soon. The spen functionality is proprietary. Samsung won't drop source for it. That's not to say some developers won't write an open source library for it, but it would be very time consuming I imagine.

Top Flight Security

Of The World, Craig!
Daps
Reppin
501 to the 870
anybody in here using a rooted phone with a custom rom? if so, what rom you using?? got an htc a few months ago and the android open source software and development community has me :ohhh: and i'm hooked

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
XDA Users Get LTE Working On The Nexus 4 For AT&T In The U.S. - On One Band In Few Markets :ohlawd:

Some Enterprising XDA Users Get LTE Working On The Nexus 4 For AT&T In The U.S. - On One Band In Few Markets

So, here's how it goes. The Nexus 4 technically "doesn't" have support for LTE in that it does support certain bands due to the default hardware present in the Optimus G that this handset is built off of, but it lacks the capability to utilize most major bands (there are 25 separate LTE bands). If you're on AT&T and you're using LTE, chances are you're connected via band 17, which operates on the 700 MHz frequency. This low frequency allows the signal to reach over great distances and penetrate buildings better than higher frequencies.

However, in some, very select areas, AT&t utilizes band 4. Also referred to as AWS, the carrier has holdings on this spectrum in select markets including Phoenix, Raleigh, San Juan, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Chicago, Charlotte. Also Athens, GA and College Station, TX. That being said, the fact that AT&T owns spectrum here doesn't mean it's deployed. If you don't live in one of those cities, though, I wouldn't hold your breath for getting your hands on sweet, sweet LTE goodness. Even within them, it's no guarantee.

The user who shared it hasn't seen fit to provide a write-up for just how he accomplished this yet, but if nothing else, it proves once again that it is possible to get LTE on the Nexus 4. Though it's not something that you should anticipate.

Nexus-4-LTE-650x360.jpg

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Verizon Responds to FCC Complaint Over Blocking of Google Wallet, Says Google Needs to Change the App

vzwletter.jpg

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Google's Android malware scanner detects only 15 percent of malicious code in test

Moral of the story ---Buy apps and support the devs or get a virus on your phone

In conducting his test, Xuxian Jiang loaded 1,260 instances of Android malware onto the recently-released Nexus 10 and examined which of those triggered a warning to users. Only 193 of them did so, amounting to a lackluster 15.32-percent detection rate.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
2 weeks after pruchase. I was on the 2 week wait list. These phones are shipping out now dont pay any mind to the waiting period

my boy ordered his weds 7 weeks

notified next day it shipped..delivery tuesday

gets phone at work today :win:

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
anybody in here using a rooted phone with a custom rom? if so, what rom you using?? got an htc a few months ago and the android open source software and development community has me :ohhh: and i'm hooked

most of us are...depending on your phone you can ask which people use the most

Im still on an old ass evo 1 and I flash roms alot, im on a senseless rom , decks reloaded for now

many like cm10 on newer devices and other variants of it

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
LG is stepping up their production bnice to see. The App revolution is a beautiful thing :takedat:

These developers are working :win: