Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Yeah, they suck when it comes to getting that 4G/LTE shyt working.

Took em forever with the OG EVO as well.

Yeah. I think its the chip that Samsung used. We had the same problem with the s2. I got lte so I use a modified stock rooted rom. The cm10 doesn't handle the data handoff from lte back to 3g very well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah. I think its the chip that Samsung used. We had the same problem with the s2. I got lte so I use a modified stock rooted rom. The cm10 doesn't handle the data handoff from lte back to 3g very well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Oh yeah, I know all about that. The EVOLTE sucks at handing off between 3G/LTE. I read up on CM10 for it and it's supposedly even worse so I just left Stock Sense on here.

Phone is fast enough, and I'm not giving up my LTE for JB. But it's a shame how much better the GS3's radio is. It will have an LTE signal at -77dbm while my EVO is right next to it with a dbm in the 90s and up. That difference accounts for it doubling my phone's download speeds while on LTE :smh:

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I have to agree,I'm not sure it's worth using a custom rom on the nexus 4.:yeshrug:

I gotta agree with that too. I usually install a new rom on every phone I get, but 4.2 is perfect for me stock. I'll probably mess around with roms on my Nexus 10 once I get it though.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Oh yeah, I know all about that. The EVOLTE sucks at handing off between 3G/LTE. I read up on CM10 for it and it's supposedly even worse so I just left Stock Sense on here.

Phone is fast enough, and I'm not giving up my LTE for JB. But it's a shame how much better the GS3's radio is. It will have an LTE signal at -77dbm while my EVO is right next to it with a dbm in the 90s and up. That difference accounts for it doubling my phone's download speeds while on LTE :smh:

The EVO 4G LTE and the US GS3s use the same LTE Radio. They both have the same SoC/Processor.

I have to agree,I'm not sure it's worth using a custom rom on the nexus 4.:yeshrug:

To each his own i guess, but 4.2 left a bad taste in my mouth. Google could have made it so much better, but they did a hack job. The quick settings should have been toggles+shortcuts, and the implementation of lock screen widgets is a fukking mess. 4.2's lock screen actually feels like a step down from 4.1.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The EVO 4G LTE and the US GS3s use the same LTE Radio. They both have the same SoC/Processor.

To each his own i guess, but 4.2 left a bad taste in my mouth. Google could have made it so much better, but they did a hack job. The quick settings should have been toggles+shortcuts, and the implementation of lock screen widgets is a fukking mess. 4.2's lock screen actually feels like a step down from 4.1.

It must be the metal around the EVO that makes it worse then. Its that or it's software related...I do know that its been well documented that the GS3 on Sprint gets and holds an LTE signal much better than the EVO.

It also switches between 3G and LTE seamlessly where as the EVO in a lot of cases has to have its radio cycled to detect and connect to LTE.

I've tested these side by side.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Whattttt? The lock screen widgets are dope as hell to me..one of my favorite features.

Quick settings could've been better though I agree with that.

I'm loving 4.2 overall..the toggles in the quick settings aren't that big of a deal to me. Not enough to root and load a rom on there that may show not to be as stable every now and then. Sometimes a rom can be working perfect and all of a sudden something can show up that's not right out of nowhere. Im not rom'ing unless I absolutely have to and having the nexus with updates right away kind of makes me feel better because littles things get fixed in a timely fashion.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
which is super lol, because the resale value of these phones will be 150 in a few months

about as wrong as when nikkas said the Galaxy Nexus would be a third tier device after three months....then Jelly Bean dropped

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
about as wrong as when nikkas said the Galaxy Nexus would be a third tier device after three months....then Jelly Bean dropped

how so...its a phone that retails for 300 new....its not like someone has/d to pay 500+ out of contract to get one

its not a knock on the phone, its just what android phones are worth because of the short life cycle with constant releases, even tho its a yearly release a new phone from another carrier/manufacturer is out every few weeks

and once the gs4 drops, iphone 5s, etc, you will see many "keep up with the joneses" type people dumping them

this is last years galaxy nex...Ive seen them as low as 100 at times new in box months ago

New In box sprint galaxy nexus

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mob/3447354068.html note 2 dropped, needs to sell....

let not kid ourselves

gs3 225

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mob/3447936696.html

and yes ive seen tmo and att ones on there cheap aswell

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
how so...its a phone that retails for 300 new....its not like someone has/d to pay 500+ out of contract to get one

its not a knock on the phone, its just what android phones are worth because of the short life cycle with constant releases, even tho its a yearly release a new phone from another carrier/manufacturer is out every few weeks

and once the gs4 drops, iphone 5s, etc, you will see many "keep up with the joneses" type people dumping them

this is last years galaxy nex...Ive seen them as low as 100 at times new in box months ago

New In box sprint galaxy nexus

samsung galaxy nexus sprint note 2 dropped, needs to sell....

let not kid ourselves

gs3 225

sprint Samsung galaxy s3 brand new

and yes ive seen tmo and att ones on there cheap aswell

we're talking an almost year old phone that was already old news by early october because the Nexus 4 was about to release...not a galaxy nexus that was just released a few months ago. your comparison is very flawed. The Nexus 4 is a higher quality phone than the Galaxy Nexus by miles also....thats also not taken into your equation