↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:obama: Goog Set

Nexus 4 demand is so high that eBay will regulate sales
Nexus 4 demand is so high that eBay will regulate sales

We knew the Nexus 4 by LG was going to be a hot item when it launched, but I don’t think many anticipated it’d be quite this hot. Well, a very attractive unlocked price pretty much assured demand would go through the roof, but we’re still impressed regardless. Demand is so high that Google has trouble keeping up with orders from the Play Store, with every period of availability lasting mere minutes before orders are put on a 2-5 week hold.

It appears Google’s latest and hottest phone has reached a new plateau in the supply/demand equilibrium, though, as it has attracted the attention of eBay. The firm will regulate sales of the Nexus 4, mainly for two different reasons:

1. To create a fair battleground for sellers to take advantage of this demand boom.
  2. To protect users from those looking to scam people who are desperate to buy a Nexus 4.

Nexus-4-Review-banner-640x359.jpg

You see, when a phone as hot as the Nexus 4 is in high demand and short supply, the scum of the earth will take that opportunity to trick people into buying fake devices with misleading or downright false listings. The same thing happened with the Nintendo Wii about 6 years ago, and several iPhone launches. It’s an unfortunate reality of public eCommerce, but it happens.

eBay’s policy will allow authorized resellers to list as many units as it wants, will allow top-rated sellers to list 8 units a week, will allow medium performance sellers to list 4 units a week, and will limit the smaller and newer guys to one listing per week. These rules will likely be enforced until Google has a steady flow of devices, and at this rate we’re not sure how long it’ll take to reach that point.

Tongue-in-cheek congratulatory praises would be sent Google’s way for such an “accomplishment,” but the Nexus 4′s launch has been tainted by what can only be described as very shoddy customer service and a rookie mistake of failing to properly gauge demand by Google.

As a result, customers have had money taken with the belief that they’d receive their devices in a timely manner only to be told they might have to wait as long as a month. Early communication by Google was nearly non-existent, but the company has since filled more orders and has been more vocal about the status of customers’ orders.

As for those looking to eBay or other third-party marketplaces for their wares, always remember to read every listing in full, use verified and official payment options for maximum protection and be sure to take a crash course on how to use the different contact forms provided for you to get in touch with both the seller and eBay (or whichever site you’re using). Keep your wallets safe, my friends.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quick video of my messing around on the nexus 4

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qVVWUqMvW0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

muse

thats 2 kids! im out!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chi sagittarii
my phone is just all types of fukking up

it freezes often. last night i tried to turn it off but it was "turning the phone off" for like 5 minutes i eventually took the battery out. then it deleted an app of mine

on top of that, i think my storage/memory is fukked up. my usb storage is showing only 161 mb free, out of 3.6 gb and i only have about 250 mb of apps that i installed. and the factory apps shouldnt be that big.
i tried to email myself a vid and it said i dont have enough space :wtf:. what the fukk is going on?!

:sadbron:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
my phone is just all types of fukking up

it freezes often. last night i tried to turn it off but it was "turning the phone off" for like 5 minutes i eventually took the battery out. then it deleted an app of mine

on top of that, i think my storage/memory is fukked up. my usb storage is showing only 161 mb free, out of 3.6 gb and i only have about 250 mb of apps that i installed. and the factory apps shouldnt be that big.
i tried to email myself a vid and it said i dont have enough space :wtf:. what the fukk is going on?!

:sadbron:

What phone?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
you decide on a sim yet?

Man im leaning towards that solavei..seems right up my alley if the speeds are really as good as that YouTube video showed. I'm feeling the 5gig seeing as I'm currently on a 6gig capped plan and I've never hit 5 before.

I just don't know anybody that's even heard of it..first time hearing about them was in this thread...just gotta make sure I'm not missing something with this service.

Its either them or T-Mobile straight out. If I can use my work discount with T-Mobile I'll go get my Sim tomorrow..don't know if its just with contracts or if I can do it with the monthly plans. I could get that 70 plan for around 50-55 with a discount.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Man im leaning towards that solavei..seems right up my alley if the speeds are really as good as that YouTube video showed. I'm feeling the 5gig seeing as I'm currently on a 6gig capped plan and I've never hit 5 before.

I just don't know anybody that's even heard of it..first time hearing about them was in this thread...just gotta make sure I'm not missing something with this service.

Its either them or T-Mobile straight out. If I can use my work discount with T-Mobile I'll go get my Sim tomorrow..don't know if its just with contracts or if I can do it with the monthly plans. I could get that 70 plan for around 50-55 with a discount.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

sounds solid with discount, if not that sylvania service sounds :stylin: for the price....

Solavei board members include T-Mobile’s former COO Sue Nokes, widely thought to be responsible for T-Mobile’s consistent reign of customer service awards, David Limp, a Vice President at Amazon, Ryan Weurch, the former founder of Motricity, and other high profile former members of Congress and board members from Target, Walmart, Louis Vuitton and more. Needless to say, Solavei is led by a team that has plenty of experience in the mobile world, including a number of former T-Mobile executives.

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/09/new-t-mobile-mvno-solavei-will-pay-you-to-add-new-members/

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
So it's official that LG came through? I'm tempted as the price of that lumia 920 is not going down

Sent from my LG Nitro using Tapatalk breh

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So it's official that LG came through? I'm tempted as the price of that lumia 920 is not going down

Sent from my LG Nitro using Tapatalk breh

Yea man the phone is NICE. Fastest phone I've used personally operation wise..very smooth..has a nice feel in hand...screen is crisp..camera is pretty good (my gs3 takes slightly better pictures but not THAT noticeable.)...battery life seems decent so far compared to other stock batteries but I've only had it since yesterday so I'll have to put it through some more shyt.

But man..jellybean 4.2.1 is POLISHED....the lock screen widgets are DOPE and Google now is amazingly fast and accurate...big improvement since the last time I used it on my galaxy nexus. Even the little things jump out like how the multitasking windows pop up instantly and scroll smoothly on some windows phone level..

Kind of disappointed I can't use my favorite browser on it right now (browser +)...but I've got a few replacements that get the job done.

With that being said..phone definitely needs protection...the back glass is literally flush with the rubber edge..I thought there would be a bump to lift the back off of surfaces but its just out there. Been careful as shyt with it waiting patiently for my case to get here next week. The good thing about it is the front and back comes out the package with screen films that don't have those annoying tabs on them...you could actually get away with keeping the back one on until you get a case or whatever you use.

Lg did their thing though..especially at 300-350.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
They said solavei includes roaming also fyi which most prepaids dont