Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
so you are saying twitter cant update their apps but plume can

facebook cant but friendcaster can

GTFOH
facebook and twitter have much more than just android to worry about. Friendcaster and Plume work with what Facebook and Twitter gives them...BIG difference.

You continue to show how limited you think and more importantly that you have no clue how these things work. These are two big social networks which have to :cook: things for months at a time across VARIOUS platforms while also maintaining their already MASSIVE databases and everything else behind the scenes. Friendcaster just has to make some tweaks in case Facebook decided to make a small change or make an API available, same with Plume

You are simply talking out of your league homie. You look foolish right now :sitdown:

Daps
You have to pay for live games this year. But try this app. This is the Verizon one. I had them mixed up.
http://db.tt/Bghgm71d

Thanks. For clarity, I do pay for NFL mobile and watch games on my phone.

This app is blocked...gives me an error saying it's property of Verizon then it closes. Kinda disappointing they don't allow you to watch on a tablet. The one in the play store just tells me I have to download the app I've already downloaded.

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
Thanks. For clarity, I do pay for NFL mobile and watch games on my phone.

This app is blocked...gives me an error saying it's property of Verizon then it closes. Kinda disappointing they don't allow you to watch on a tablet. The one in the play store just tells me I have to download the app I've already downloaded.

Yeah. If you have direct tv and Sunday ticket you can use that app. Otherwise you may be SOL.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
facebook and twitter have much more than just android to worry about. Friendcaster and Plume work with what Facebook and Twitter gives them...BIG difference.

You continue to show how limited you think and more importantly that you have no clue how these things work. These are two big social networks which have to :cook: things for months at a time across VARIOUS platforms while also maintaining their already MASSIVE databases and everything else behind the scenes. Friendcaster just has to make some tweaks in case Facebook decided to make a small change or make an API available, same with Plume

You are simply talking out of your league homie. You look foolish right now :sitdown:

Means nothing. I'm 100% certain that not only is Facebook ten times bigger than Plume and Friendcaster, but also that they have a team that deals with apps/app software (which is probably also bigger than those app companies and realistically could do what they do

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Means nothing. I'm 100% certain that not only is Facebook ten times bigger than Plume and Friendcaster, but also that they have a team that deals with apps/app software (which is probably also bigger than those app companies and realistically could do what they do

no man...just no

Facebook and Twitter have to test and fix things underneath that Friendcaster and Plume never even see. This is not a road you guys want to go down, trust me. Making an app that basically scrapes content and information from what facebook and twitter allows is VERY...VERY different than Facebook and Twitter having to deal with the possible changes that can occur in MULTIPLE layers underneath just ONE operating system in Android.

They have to worry about:
Windows - All browsers still popular
Mac OS X - All browsers still popular
Mac OS X App
Windows 8 App
Windows Phone 7 AND 8 App
Android App - Which I am sure has several versions to support all the way from DONUT to JB at the moment (Thousands of phones compatibility with slightly different changes as well)
iOS App (iPad AND iPhone compatibility)
BlackBerry current and BlackBerry 10
I believe Facebook also had a webOS app

Now granted Facebook probably has a team dedicated to each of them, but the point still remains that these guys are dealing with critical under the hood shyt that friendcaster and and plume don't have to worry about because they are going through the developer tools given to THEM by these companies. They also HAVE to keep updating the tools as time goes along to even ALLOW friendcaster and plume to do what they do.

Seriously I understand you guys want to make it seem like they have an incredible amount of resources, but the shyt takes a long time. You think Facebook took so long to bring the Android app up to the same level as the iPhone version on some lazy shyt? I can't even BEGIN to imagine the headaches they had to deal with when Android was in its infancy...Went from Cupcake all the way to Froyo in a very small time with some MAJOR changes in hardware, the way the operating system works, and all sorts of things that I am sure I am not aware of. I am not even heavy into any of this shyt as before, but its way more complex than you want to believe it is with the operations those 2 networks are running.

Friendcaster and Plume come in...check what tools are available to them and can start focusing on things that facebook and twitter simply don't have the time for because of other things the companies are trying to accomplish that we don't even know about. I am all for competition and love what all the developers are doing, but to just stand there and try to take shots at the actual companies when I KNOW how hard they push those guys is something I am going to blast you guys on.

Friendcaster and Plume's biggest agenda for a while might be a theme :aicmon:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
no man...just no

Facebook and Twitter have to test and fix things underneath that Friendcaster and Plume never even see. This is not a road you guys want to go down, trust me. Making an app that basically scrapes content and information from what facebook and twitter allows is VERY...VERY different than Facebook and Twitter having to deal with the possible changes that can occur in MULTIPLE layers underneath just ONE operating system in Android.

They have to worry about:
Windows - All browsers still popular
Mac OS X - All browsers still popular
Mac OS X App
Windows 8 App
Windows Phone 7 AND 8 App
Android App - Which I am sure has several versions to support all the way from DONUT to JB at the moment (Thousands of phones compatibility with slightly different changes as well)
iOS App (iPad AND iPhone compatibility)
BlackBerry current and BlackBerry 10
I believe Facebook also had a webOS app

Now granted Facebook probably has a team dedicated to each of them, but the point still remains that these guys are dealing with critical under the hood shyt that friendcaster and and plume don't have to worry about because they are going through the developer tools given to THEM by these companies. They also HAVE to keep updating the tools as time goes along to even ALLOW friendcaster and plume to do what they do.

Seriously I understand you guys want to make it seem like they have an incredible amount of resources, but the shyt takes a long time. You think Facebook took so long to bring the Android app up to the same level as the iPhone version on some lazy shyt? I can't even BEGIN to imagine the headaches they had to deal with when Android was in its infancy...Went from Cupcake all the way to Froyo in a very small time with some MAJOR changes in hardware, the way the operating system works, and all sorts of things that I am sure I am not aware of. I am not even heavy into any of this shyt as before, but its way more complex than you want to believe it is with the operations those 2 networks are running.

Friendcaster and Plume come in...check what tools are available to them and can start focusing on things that facebook and twitter simply don't have the time for because of other things the companies are trying to accomplish that we don't even know about. I am all for competition and love what all the developers are doing, but to just stand there and try to take shots at the actual companies when I KNOW how hard they push those guys is something I am going to blast you guys on.

Friendcaster and Plume's biggest agenda for a while might be a theme :aicmon:

Maybe you know more than me... but don't those apps work off an API? I'm not sure what it is that the Facebook Android team has to do that these app teams don't. If there's a team dedicated to the Android app they pretty much are doing the same thing. Its not like the Facebook Android team has to make decisions regarding the main Facebook site. They wouldn't have to worry about those type of things cause there are other teams for that. They just need to worry about bringing that site content to Android phones.

Yes they took a long time to bring the Android app to catch up with the iPhone one, but that's really irrelevant when so many other apps were able to do the same thing except much faster. The fact is that Facebook is most likely pooling most of its resource's into fixing the main site and really weren't stressed about Android until this year.

You can defend Facebook against Plume if you want, but when other big companies are able to not only provide better experiences of apps on Android, but also a better version of those same apps than their iphone version, who else do you look at but Facebook and Twitter?

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
The LTE radio inside the nexus 4 is working. Google just shytted on mawfukkas. Watch a 32 GB version come out at Google I/O along with a LTE nexus 10.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
hey sure thats cool dont drop a link

Reports surfaced this morning that the Nexus 4, Google’s latest flagship Android smartphone, supports LTE via a relatively easy software hack. After testing, it turns out that’s definitely true, so I’ll show you exactly how to enable it on your device. Fair warning: the Nexus 4 only supports LTE on the AWS band (1700 or 2100MHz), which is currently used for LTE networks in Canada, and for some areas served by T-Mobile’s fledgling 4G network

How To Enable 4G LTE On The Google Nexus 4 | TechCrunch

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
#nexus 4 :obama:

2012-11-23%2002.11.17.png

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
If you have an iPhone 5 LTE plan shared with a new Nexus 4 and want to swap SIMS without calling AT&T just create the following APN on your Nexus and you'll be fully operational on both devices.

#Nexus4 #iPhone5

Name: (Anything you want.)
APN: phone
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310