Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York

one of the worst articles ive ever read.

They got shytted on the linux kernel creator

Linus Torvalds7:11 PM - Public

Editorial: is Engadget really that stupid? Or just corrupt? Or trolling us all?

Here is another "race to the bottom is bad" article, this time in the form of an "editorial" from Engadget. It's even more idiotic than usual.

The whole "race to the bottom" concept is odd to me: people complaining about how technology gets less outrageously expensive, and more available to everybody, and more commoditized. Like that would be a bad thing? So the whole argument is fundamentally flawed to begin with - any time I see some pundit or CEO complaining about how the competition is making things cheaper, I go "Uhhuh, crybaby".

But when it comes to cellphones, it's not just a flawed argument, it's doubly stupid. Because in that market, particularly in the US, the alternative is the whole broken carrier subsidy model, with all that entails. None of which is good, and all of which is much worse than any (hypothetical) "race to the bottom" arguments.

And at no point did that deeply flawed editorial even mention carrier lock-in issues. What crock.

I have many reasons to like the google nexus phones: I just think that the plain android experience is generally cleaner than most of the skinned ones, and even when there is superior hardware (Samsung Galaxy SIII) I tend to prefer the Nexus model (honesty in advertizing: I've gotten free phones from both google and Samsung, but I actually bought my own Nexus One and Galaxy Nexus on google play store. And I installed CyanogenMod on the SIII Samsung gave me, because I wanted the JellyBean experience).

So I like the Nexus phones just because I think they have a nicer interface.

But I like the Nexus phones even more because they are clearly pushing the whole "no carrier lock-in" model. And price is absolutely part of it.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nexus boot loader already unlock :lawd:

How To Unlock Nexus 4 Bootloader And Relock [Tutorial] | Android Zone

Step 1: Power off your Nexus 4 before rebooting into fastboot mode. Simply way to do is by holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.

Step 2: Connect your device to your computer. Open up a terminal or command prompt, and navigate to the folder containing the fastboot program. Advanced users can simply place the fastboot program somewhere in their PATH.

Step 3: Type fastboot devices into the command line. You should get a device ID returned, which lets you know that fastboot can see your Nexus 4.
Step 4: Once fastboot is set up properly, type fastboot oem unlock into the command line, and follow the prompts on your device’s display. Remember that there’s no way to undo the data loss that will happen the instant you press “Yes,” so make sure you’re backed up.

Now, after you phone reboots, you are done. A great deal more freedom than you ever could have had with a locked bootloader. You’re free to install custom software, modified boot images, custom recovery, you name it. To relock for any reason, wish to reverse the process, follow the same instructions, except the last step should be “fastboot oem lock,” as your last command, which will once again set you lock your Nexus 4′s bootloader, so that only authentic, signed images from Google can be flashed to the phone.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
HTC trying their best to be sued by APPLE

dna.jpg

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Myriam Joire

it's the same hardware, but with much better software

Basically the display and camera are very close to the One X. The CPU and RAM are a huge improvement, though."

Plus this confirms it also

The Nexus 4 didn’t surprise me a bit. It is the fastest, brightest, sturdiest Android phone I’ve ever used. The display is big and brilliant. The camera is pretty sharp. Battery life is good. Phone geeks might bemoan the lack of LTE, but I thought it was fast enough. If you want the Android fan’s Android phone, this is it.

I test phones by taking them along with my everyday life. My phone is my most-used device, because I like to be out and about in the world, exploring, taking pictures, learning about my surroundings and meeting up with people. All around, the Nexus 4 did fine for me. It was excellent at some things, just okay at others, with no major flaws. Overall, I’m glad to be going back to my iPhone 5, but I did enjoy the experiment.

ReadWrite – Google's Nexus 4: If You Like Huge Android Phones, You'll Love This One

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
so are you going prepaid ,the gsm way ,i'm on sprint thinking about changing but i'm hoping softbank will revamp them

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
yeah prepaid to AT&T or T-mobile. T-mobile suck in my area. So im stuck with AT&T on HSPA+ 21.