STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If any of you T-Mobile customers out there were planning on using Wi-Fi calling on the upcoming LG Nexus 4, the sad truth is that the device will not be supporting the feature. It is not like Korean based LG has anything against you making calls using Wi-Fi, or hates T-Mobile. It is just that Nexus phones are developed without much input from the carriers. None of the other Nexus handsets supported the feature and that won't change for the next Nexus phone even if the handset is available directly from the nation's fourth largest carrier.

LG Nexus 4 won't support T-Mobile's Wi-Fi calling

In the hopes of clarifying a bit of confusion and concern I see in the comments, I’ve reached out to T-Mobile to confirm that there will be no Wi-Fi calling on the Nexus 4. Now, odds are greatly in favor of this not being a T-Mobile decision anyway as a Nexus device generally doesn’t receive any carrier input. Therefore, T-Mobile likely had zero input in the manufacturing of the device and couldn’t request the inclusion of this feature. Hopefully, this won’t deter anyone from picking up the Nexus 4, but I thought you all should have a definitive answer.

PSA: Sorry Everyone, No Wi-Fi Calling On The Nexus 4 | | TmoNewsTmoNews

now link me to where you read tmobile disabled the feature :stopitslime:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
When they said no carrier bloatware, they meant everything, including WiFi calling.

They should make this available in the Play Store though. shyt should be standard by now.

its like AT&T refusing facetime over LTE with unlimited data

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Is there anything like facetime that android users can use with iphone users?

Anything besides skype?

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:heh: Verizon blocked google wallet and added their bloatware to the g.nex :why:

Carriers can do whatever they want bruh. Until google make it official ten its T-mobile greedy ass blocking the feature

what that gotta do with you you saying tmobile disabled wifi calling and the play store version will have wifi calling

both are lies breh...stop trying to misinform people

if you dont know just say that and KIM

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
:heh: Verizon blocked google wallet and added their bloatware to the g.nex :why:

Carriers can do whatever they want bruh. Until google make it official ten its T-mobile greedy ass blocking the feature

:snoop: Dude seriously... Shut. The. fukk. Up.

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY

I think Google gave Verizon control over the GNex just so they could get it on the carrier. They probably had an agreement and Google folded in order to see if their handset could do numbers. That shyt blew up in their faces.

With the Nexus 4, they're out to prove that their device is the premiere Android phone, hence the reason they're not allowing any carrier input this time.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Jelly Bean Build I535VRBLI5 Leaks for Verizon’s Galaxy S3, Already Baked Into ROMs

It’s tough to tell what this means for an official Jelly Bean release to all users. Verizon, as you all know, tends to be a bit slower than other carriers at releasing updates. Sprint has already pushed their Android 4.1 update out to the Galaxy S3, so who knows, maybe Big Red is on top of this one. If we hear anything, we’ll be sure to pass it along.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think Google gave Verizon control over the GNex just so they could get it on the carrier. They probably had an agreement and Google folded in order to see if their handset could do numbers. That shyt blew up in their faces.

With the Nexus 4, they're out to prove that their device is the premiere Android phone, hence the reason they're not allowing any carrier input this time.

exactly :takedat:

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
@Rohiggidy I roll with you but you spewing out wrong info. Let me educate yall on T-mo Wi-fi calling. It is NOT simple app that can just be hosted on the Play Store. It is a system app that requires changes to the system level of the os to work. It is not like the VOIP apps like Grooveip or Talkatone. Those apps have lag and work just over data while T-mo Wi-Fi App is data only to the internet then routed to T-mo servers back into their cellular network. That is way it performs so much better.

If you have a dead zone in your home sometimes T-mo will provide a cell station that you can hook into your wi-fi to extend your coverage at home.

Last edited by a moderator: