Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
I like this idea. The playstore could be way better. A whats trending would be dope instead of top free etc

Google, why don’t you apply your search prowess to the Play Store?

Here are a few thoughts about how Google can help us all discover some of the brilliant apps available for Android.

1) Integrate the Play Store directly into the Google search engine results. If I type “platform games android” into Google I don’t get any Play Store links in the first 50 results (I only checked the first five pages then I got bored, it could be much worse). Any of you who know about Search Engine Optimization will understand that Google’s policy isn’t to start sticking its own stuff in the search results and mess up all the lovely ranking algorithms that it has. However it wouldn’t be hard for Google to include a side panel with links to Play Store content when it sees relevant search terms. It could also add a special search term (like the existing inurl: etc), something like ‘androidapp:’ that looks for Android apps. Although there is the “Applications” option which, like Images and Videos etc, allows you to tune results for apps, this should be more automatic like it is with Images, Video and News.

2) Google has access to millions of blog posts and Google+ updates. Google monitors these in as close to real time as is possible. It should be using this information to create a “Trending online” category which shows which apps are being talked about the most on the Internet. This is different to the current Trending category which is based on data coming from the Play Store itself.

3) Google needs to add loads of more filters, all of which should be usable as search terms. The filters need to include release date, price ascending, price descending, X stars and above and popularity based on the number of comments, downloads or ratings. Finally there should also be filters for when an app was last updated (there is nothing worse than installing and becoming dependent on a stagnant app that doesn’t get updated).

I am sure there are more things that Google could do. If you have any ideas please leave a comment below.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Phandroid reports that a 64GB Galaxy S3 model could soon be available from Verizon, although nothing is certain yet. The model is also said to feature an Exynos chip instead of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 SoC found on all U.S. Galaxy S3 versions. Android enthusiasts may remember Samsung promising a 64GB Galaxy S3 at the London launch event, but the device failed to show up on the shelves. It was assumed that Samsung slated the idea, an ideology the company eventually denied – but we’re yet to see a 64GB Galaxy S3 in stores.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just got a Galaxy Nexus I925 last week and I got some questions. With my old phone I got a notification at the bottom of screen everytime I got a new text. And it stay up until I check the text message. Now, if I'm not in the room and miss a text and I forget to check, I'm hit. Is there a way to make the notifications stay on the screen?

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
What's the most important feature in your next Android phone? HTC are you listening

Battery life -- 37.96-percent
Android version -- 23.12-percent
CPU cores or clock speed -- 13.49-percent
Screen size -- 8.96-percent
Amount of RAM -- 6.10-percent
External storage -- 6.02-percent
LTE -- 4.34-percent

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
dont debate me on this bro LTE is not 4G its a marketing ploy

LTE is LTE :childplease:

LTE= Long Term Evolution

http://www.strandreports.com/sw4334.asp

3.9G (2008-Present): Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access
(WiMax), Long Term Evolution (LTE) and HSPA+. When the carriers shout, "my 4G is blazing fast!" this is what they are talking about. Though this is not technically 4G, the ITU begin allowing carriers to market these technologies as 4G in December 2010 stating that any technology is that a significant advancement to the 3G standard can be called 4G. Speeds here have the potential to be up to 45 to 80 megabits per second down under ideal circumstances, which basically never exist. Currently, the best these standards can operate under real world conditions is about 14.4 megabits per second down. Sometimes higher, mostly lower.

We dont even have the Full LTE in the U.S. Overseas have the real LTE. We barely meet the requirements

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I love google music, think besides gmail and android its the best thing google has ever done,am at 5,000 songs right now and still have space for 15,000 more :wow: shyt is too dope the way it syncs and how clean the interface is , only thing i wish it had was like a smart dj feature or something

One of the few services i would pay a couple of a bucks a month for if i had to

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love google music, think besides gmail and android its the best thing google has ever done,am at 5,000 songs right now and still have space for 15,000 more :wow: shyt is too dope the way it syncs and how clean the interface is , only thing i wish it had was like a smart dj feature or something

One of the few services i would pay a couple of a bucks a month for if i had to

explain that ish breh. Is it cloud based?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
dont debate me on this bro LTE is not 4G its a marketing ploy

LTE is LTE :childplease:

LTE= Long Term Evolution

Now it's final - LTE is NOT 4G

3.9G (2008-Present): Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access
(WiMax), Long Term Evolution (LTE) and HSPA+. When the carriers shout, "my 4G is blazing fast!" this is what they are talking about. Though this is not technically 4G, the ITU begin allowing carriers to market these technologies as 4G in December 2010 stating that any technology is that a significant advancement to the 3G standard can be called 4G. Speeds here have the potential to be up to 45 to 80 megabits per second down under ideal circumstances, which basically never exist. Currently, the best these standards can operate under real world conditions is about 14.4 megabits per second down. Sometimes higher, mostly lower.

We dont even have the Full LTE in the U.S. Overseas have the real LTE. We barely meet the requirements

You just posted information that says none of them are 4G. So y u singled out LTE :beli:

self-ether?

LTE is the fastest standard of American 4. but if youre going to be technical then be accurate as well...4G doesnt really exist but if any of the formats that currently exist would be labeled 4G, it's LTE