Reppin
Bronx Blocks

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nexus rumor news
Rumor: Android 4.2 to feature Project Roadrunner, new Play store, Customization Center, enhanced Google Now | Android and Me

Customization Center

The next version of Android may include some sort of customization center. The basic idea here, is to give average Android users a centralized place to go to change ringtones, wallpapers, and other settings that in the past, haven’t always been that easy to find. There may also be new “templates” that a user can choose from to quickly change the color scheme or appearance of the UI, including icons.

In bigger news, this may be the location that Google allows OEMs to offer up their custom skin in favor of stock Android. There is a chance in either this version of Android or the next iteration, that users will have a choice between stock and a skin like TouchWiz or Sense. But wait, what about updates? According to this rumor, the device will receive stock Android updates quickly, just like Nexus devices do now. Manufacturers will still be able to update their skin on their own time, but the skinned version of Android may not be accessible until it has been updated. Either that, or the user can wait to update Android until the OEM has their skin ready.

There is a lot going on there, but it could mean big things for those of us that hate skins and like timely updates.
New Google Play

We have always wondered why Google Play hasn’t been forced to the forefront of Android. With Android 4.2, that may change to include notifications for promotional campaigns (optional of course), personalized searches, more billing options, and easier in-app purchases. While I’ve never been a huge fan of advertisements in my notification area, I wouldn’t mind knowing from time to time if there is a sale on products in Google Play.
Google Now

Google Now may receive an update that allows users to ask it for guidance on changing settings on their phone. For example, one could ask Google Now to help adjust volume or brightness or turn Bluetooth on. Rather than solely being a Google Search tool, it could take care of simple device functions as well.
Project Roadrunner

You all remember Project Butter and its focus on improving UI speed, right? According to today’s rumor, there may be another special project named Project Roadrunner which has a focus on improving battery life. Details are scarce, but one of the number one complaints around these parts when it comes to Android has always been poor battery life. Rather than worrying about creating massive batteries in slim shells, Google may be trying to solve the problem on a software front.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Nexus rumor news
Rumor: Android 4.2 to feature Project Roadrunner, new Play store, Customization Center, enhanced Google Now | Android and Me

Customization Center

The next version of Android may include some sort of customization center. The basic idea here, is to give average Android users a centralized place to go to change ringtones, wallpapers, and other settings that in the past, haven’t always been that easy to find. There may also be new “templates” that a user can choose from to quickly change the color scheme or appearance of the UI, including icons.

In bigger news, this may be the location that Google allows OEMs to offer up their custom skin in favor of stock Android. There is a chance in either this version of Android or the next iteration, that users will have a choice between stock and a skin like TouchWiz or Sense. But wait, what about updates? According to this rumor, the device will receive stock Android updates quickly, just like Nexus devices do now. Manufacturers will still be able to update their skin on their own time, but the skinned version of Android may not be accessible until it has been updated. Either that, or the user can wait to update Android until the OEM has their skin ready.

There is a lot going on there, but it could mean big things for those of us that hate skins and like timely updates.
New Google Play

We have always wondered why Google Play hasn’t been forced to the forefront of Android. With Android 4.2, that may change to include notifications for promotional campaigns (optional of course), personalized searches, more billing options, and easier in-app purchases. While I’ve never been a huge fan of advertisements in my notification area, I wouldn’t mind knowing from time to time if there is a sale on products in Google Play.
Google Now

Google Now may receive an update that allows users to ask it for guidance on changing settings on their phone. For example, one could ask Google Now to help adjust volume or brightness or turn Bluetooth on. Rather than solely being a Google Search tool, it could take care of simple device functions as well.
Project Roadrunner

You all remember Project Butter and its focus on improving UI speed, right? According to today’s rumor, there may be another special project named Project Roadrunner which has a focus on improving battery life. Details are scarce, but one of the number one complaints around these parts when it comes to Android has always been poor battery life. Rather than worrying about creating massive batteries in slim shells, Google may be trying to solve the problem on a software front.

sounds :lawd:

i always hated the fact that i had to seek out a launcher or rom to customize the barebones stock launcher. now its standard :win:

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
brehs is it just me or anybody else having problems with there pics on there s3, I take a normal pic and when I try to put it on instagram it turns sideways.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Shattered my OG EVO screen today. We had a nice run....

Phone still works, seems announcements are imminent, decisions decisions, I don't like walking around with this screen like this,

Does Google sell the CDMA Nexus?

Anyone know what the insurance replacement on an OG EVO is these days?

With new phones pending I don't want to use my upgrade just yet.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:noah: that's my Google

According to CNET, they claim to have all but confirmed Google and LG’s new Nexus device. Assured to be based on LG’s Optimus G, the device is set to be unveiled at the end of October and will more than likely feature the specs we wrote about earlier today – Snapdragon S4 Pro, 2GB of RAM, True HD IPS display, 8MP camera, and the two 8GB and 16GB storage configurations. Of course, the new version of Android, 4.2 will also make its debut.

CNET: Google and LG to Unveil Nexus Device at End of the Month – Droid Life

:steviej:

Tin Foil Hat Time: Server Logs Hint at Motorola Nexus Tablet and Phone? – Droid Life

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ahh: i called it earlier today

So, about that internal storage – 8GB and 16GB? I know what you are thinking, “Is that it?” The only thing I can say to defend this move, is related to price. Google will more than likely sell this directly through the Play store as an unlocked GSM phone. If they don’t go with a carrier partner, that means no subsidies, but that also means that they need to sell it at a rock bottom price. People in this country are still afraid to spend $500+ on a smartphone, so by keeping the storage low, they can keep the price low. Are we talking a $299 8GB phone? Possibly.

Another LG Nexus Rumor: Only 8GB and 16GB Options, Quad-core Processor, On-screen Softkeys and More – Droid Life

Watch $250 8gigs, $300 16 gigs

Autocop on the 8 gig for me if that's the case

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
Nah. No way I can rock 8 gigs. 16 I could make work. Probably won't matter though as there's no Verizon version in sight this go around.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
if you have a s3 i recommend not rooting your phone. the stock os is very good and not much different from jellybean. i just unrooted my phone and happy to be back stock. the battery life is much better.....i'll wait for the official jellybean update release

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
if you have a s3 i recommend not rooting your phone. the stock os is very good and not much different from jellybean. i just unrooted my phone and happy to be back stock. the battery life is much better.....i'll wait for the official jellybean update release

Root is not the same as flashing a rom. Rooting in and of itself does nothing.