Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
What tablet do you y'all recommend?

I primarily just use my phone (Samsung S23 Ultra) and my PC. But I want an additional device just occasionally. I won't use it every week...maybe not even every couple of weeks. For travel (not much, 3-4 times a year), very light gaming, reading, app usage, watching videos (YouTube, Prime Video and downloaded), browsing.

I figure a tablet would be better for me than a laptop or handheld gaming device.

The last tablet I had was Galaxy tab 2.
Highly recommend Galaxy S9 Tab Plus or Ultra. It's the only device I use when I'm home. I do all my content watching and reading it.
I'm looking for a new phone brehs. Samsung is offering the S24 for a discount ,but I cannot justify buying a tensor chip phone, while you yanks get Snapdragon.

The new Poco phones are out and they look awful. I'm considering getting a OnePlus or a Xiaomi 14.

Any suggestions?
S24 ultra if u not in the americas.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Ever since the update to Android 14, my Pixel Pro 7 has been a piece of shyt. Really bad battery drain, the phone is constantly overheating now, never had an issue with overheating before the update. Not getting text messages or calls, having to go through settings to force Google maps to close and reopening it because it won't work unless I do that. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset but yeah, it's been terrible since the update

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ever since the update to Android 14, my Pixel Pro 7 has been a piece of shyt. Really bad battery drain, the phone is constantly overheating now, never had an issue with overheating before the update. Not getting text messages or calls, having to go through settings to force Google maps to close and reopening it because it won't work unless I do that. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset but yeah, it's been terrible since the update
My Galaxy Ultra 22 was doing the same before the update. Good thing my 24 Ultra will be here next week.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Quick question..who's been taking advantage of the magsafe charging abilities? Like just slapping the thing on your s24 Ultra magsafe case and keep it moving?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Learned some basic tips and tricks from this guy's channel:

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I didn't pick up the 24 ultra yet because I was busy traveling but now my 23 ultra got the Galaxy ai update so I'm not in a rush yet. Probably this summer
I bought my new wife the s24 ultra and as soon as I held it I had to get myself one too. Right on schedule :jawalrus: Def the most premium dealing galaxy phone ever.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Chrome for Android tests feature that securely verifies your ID with sites​

By

Mayank Parmar

• June 24, 2024
  • 03:50 PM

Chrome

Google is testing a new feature called "Digital Credential API" for Chrome on Android that allows websites to securely request identity information, such as driver's licenses and passports, stored in mobile wallets.

According to Google's official documentation, the Identity Credential APIs provide an interface to a secure store that holds identity documents. These documents can be passports, drivers licenses, or any other identification document uploaded by the user.

Digital Credential API integration in Chrome uses Android's IdentityCredential system, which supports various types of credentials and data.

Google says integrating "Digital Credential API" would allow sites to request real-world identity information from wallets via Android's IdentityCredential CredMan system, allowing websites to securely verify your identity without requiring you to upload documents manually.

"Government-recognized documents play a big and constructive role in society (e.g., drivers licenses, passports, etc.)," explains Google's explainer on the new feature.

"Increasingly, with the movement of government and financial services online, and regulation (e.g. eIDAS and various age verification regulations), these paper-based documents are gaining digital counterparts."

This new feature allows websites to request identity information directly from your mobile wallet using a secure system called IdentityCredential.

When a website needs your ID, like a digital driver's license, it sends a request through Chrome. The user will see the request and choose whether to approve it.

If approved, Android will securely send the necessary information from the wallet to the requesting site, only sharing what is necessary. This way, your data is protected, and you control what information is shared.

"Websites can and do get credentials from mobile wallet apps through a variety of mechanisms today (custom URL handlers, QR code scanning, etc.)," Google noted in a support document.

"It is extensible to support multiple credential formats (eg. ISO mDoc and W3C verifiable credential) and allows multiple wallet apps to be used. Mechanisms will be added to help reduce the risk of ecosystem-scale abuse of real-world identity," the

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
That's a common problem
I've been good with my 4a for years but now it starting to overheat, even IG is acting weird.

I'm thinking about getting me and my girl both pixel 7s but if google phones are having this problem, I might have to jump ship....which I'm trying not to do.