R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I thought about it..I looked at all the previews..from every name that counts...looked at the upgrades...even with my phone being perfect, I did the PREORDER..S24 Ultra will be here on Valentines Day with a set of the Buds Pro 2.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Samsung’s latest Galaxy phones offer live translation over phone calls, texts​

Sarah Perez @sarahpereztc / 1:33 PM EST•January 17, 2024

a variety of languages listed on a piece of paper

Image Credits: Samsung

At Samsung’s launch event today, where the company introduced its AI-powered Galaxy S24 line of smartphones, the company introduced how AI could improve the calling experience with a new Live Translation feature. The feature, one of several translation features coming to the new smartphones, allows customers to make or receive a call in a language they don’t speak and then receive a live translation of the call both audibly and on the screen.

The company demoed the AI technology onstage at today’s Unpacked event, showing how someone could use the new feature to make a restaurant reservation, even though they didn’t speak Spanish. Within the native Call app, the conversation was translated immediately after they spoke to the other person on the phone. That person could then respond in their own language — in this case, Spanish, which was then translated again into the caller’s language, English.

“It’s like having your own personal interpreter on your calls,” noted Samsung VP of Product Management, Drew Blackard.

The live translation feature will launch with support for audio and text translations for up to 13 languages, Samsung said. In addition, all the translation happens on-device, so Samsung owners’ phone calls remain private.

The feature will also remember your language settings and which language each of your contacts speaks, so you don’t have to make updates before your conversation. This could be useful for people making a lot of international calls, as well as for frequent travelers, the company suggested.
Just saw how this was done..very impressive..I can really make a fool out of people with that. Excellent.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Ofcourse samsung made the s24 ultra screen worse than previous generations with the garbage anti-reflective coating that no one asked for
rendering the screen less sharp and vivid :scust:

Great screen is one of the features i can't compromise on in this day and age

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Seems like Samsung upped the trade in amount by $100 today. I suspect in response to oneplus.
This morning they were offering 550 for the 22 ultra. This afternoon 650.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Had to cancel my s24 Ultra order and reorder so I could add the $100 off education offer incentive..still same delivery date.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Went with the S24U. Traded in my S22U and got the watch 6 for free and some other preorder discounts. Pretty happy with it tbh. Mrs is considering the same.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
On my Note 20 Ultra right now. Finally broke it a few weeks ago while moving a old, heavy CRT TV out of my Mom's house. Screen cracked both sides but only more on the bottom right corner of the front. Even slightly bent it from the weight of the TV falling on my phone, which was behind my wallet in my pocket.

Holds better in the hands :shaq:

Everything works fine outside of the finger print sensor.

Phone was flawless after 2 1/2 years before the incident. Hopefully, I'll get the $400 trade-in for the s24 Ultra I pre-ordered last week .

I'm going to miss this phone but it's time brehs .

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
S24+ being delivered tomorrow :blessed:

I cancelled my original order from Samsung and went with at&t due to better trade in for my pixel 7 pro. So I settled for the S24+ 512gb in cobalt violet. My case came in yesterday for it too.

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
S24+ being delivered tomorrow :blessed:

I cancelled my original order from Samsung and went with at&t due to better trade in for my pixel 7 pro. So I settled for the S24+ 512gb in cobalt violet. My case came in yesterday for it too.
Total price with taxes?