FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
prob gonna just get an S24. Didn't really check for the ultras like that, but they're basically notes...and I've missed the note line since they ended it.
I'm pissed about the change to the note. I've been Galaxy forever. I haven't used my stylus once in allmost a year

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Ended up going for the 24 Plus. Basically just as good as the ultra but slightly smaller, no stylus and no telephoto zoom.

Screenshot-20240117-120708-Shop-Samsung-3.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Samsung’s latest Galaxy phones offer live translation over phone calls, texts​

Sarah Perez @sarahpereztc / 1:33 PM EST•January 17, 2024

a variety of languages listed on a piece of paper

Image Credits: Samsung

At Samsung’s launch event today, where the company introduced its AI-powered Galaxy S24 line of smartphones, the company introduced how AI could improve the calling experience with a new Live Translation feature. The feature, one of several translation features coming to the new smartphones, allows customers to make or receive a call in a language they don’t speak and then receive a live translation of the call both audibly and on the screen.

The company demoed the AI technology onstage at today’s Unpacked event, showing how someone could use the new feature to make a restaurant reservation, even though they didn’t speak Spanish. Within the native Call app, the conversation was translated immediately after they spoke to the other person on the phone. That person could then respond in their own language — in this case, Spanish, which was then translated again into the caller’s language, English.

“It’s like having your own personal interpreter on your calls,” noted Samsung VP of Product Management, Drew Blackard.

The live translation feature will launch with support for audio and text translations for up to 13 languages, Samsung said. In addition, all the translation happens on-device, so Samsung owners’ phone calls remain private.

The feature will also remember your language settings and which language each of your contacts speaks, so you don’t have to make updates before your conversation. This could be useful for people making a lot of international calls, as well as for frequent travelers, the company suggested.

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
I may replace this Note 10+ now :ehh:

Man i am still on the Note 10plus too and had no intentions of upgrading until the past 45 days. A family trip to Disney changed my mind. With all of those interactiive signals to the Disney app and etc... it was draining my battery fast. My wife has the S22 plus and when it was lunch time my phone was at 62% while her phone was at 81%. We'd both pull up the map and her map loaded smoothly...mine was far from smooth and would hesitate (however her map would get confused and have us walking the wrong way often).

I don't take photos like that but noticed all of my photos from there had a glare to them. (Camera lens cover cracked).

I opted to cop the 1TB S24 Ultra since i know i don't jump phones that often. Sucks that i nodded off that night and when i ordered it Thursday it went from Jan 29th delivery to Feb. 14th.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Man i am still on the Note 10plus too and had no intentions of upgrading until the past 45 days. A family trip to Disney changed my mind. With all of those interactiive signals to the Disney app and etc... it was draining my battery fast. My wife has the S22 plus and when it was lunch time my phone was at 62% while her phone was at 81%. We'd both pull up the map and her map loaded smoothly...mine was far from smooth and would hesitate (however her map would get confused and have us walking the wrong way often).

I don't take photos like that but noticed all of my photos from there had a glare to them. (Camera lens cover cracked).

I opted to cop the 1TB S24 Ultra since i know i don't jump phones that often. Sucks that i nodded off that night and when i ordered it Thursday it went from Jan 29th delivery to Feb. 14th.
I got screen burn in (mostly from The Coli :skip: ), battery a little inconsistent, sometimes it don't wanna fast charge, either my screen is messed up or the camera lens has problems because photos look blurry even when phone wasn't moving during the shot. But ultimately the Note is more phone than I need. I don't use the pen or any features related to it, and it's physically larger than I like dealing with. I think the main reason I got it was for the novelty of the curved screen but functionally it doesn't offer any benefit.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Maybe it's me, but I've noticed during the last couple of month devs been pushing app updates everyday.

I'll update 4 apps in the morning & by the afternoon there will be more waiting.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Maybe it's me, but I've noticed during the last couple of month devs been pushing app updates everyday.

I'll update 4 apps in the morning & by the afternoon there will be more waiting.
you aint lying, sometimes i be having like 20 updates if i don't check in a day or two

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Waiting to see what oneplus is talking about tomorrow. Either going to be that or the 24 ultra

• Dap
Reactions: R=G