Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I finally found out how to take it off, I rooted back to gingerbread then used es file explorer to unroot. Now hopefully I can update the system back to ICS

:what:

Breh, what youre saying doesnt make any sense. Look online for the GB files for your phone, or if its rooted, grab a custom ROM and try to flash it via recovery

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
:what:

Breh, what youre saying doesnt make any sense. Look online for the GB files for your phone, or if its rooted, grab a custom ROM and try to flash it via recovery

I don't want it rooted, I needed to take that superuser app off because I have to take it to Sprint because my phone kept rebooting for no reason. So when I tried to update it back to ICS via system updates it doesn't turn on now

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I don't want it rooted, I needed to take that superuser app off because I have to take it to Sprint because my phone kept rebooting for no reason. So when I tried to update it back to ICS via system updates it doesn't turn on now

Should have cleared cache and data or flashed a new ROM to see if it was fixed before you did all that.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
help! im not getting email notifications on my gmail on the galaxy s3

how do i fix this

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
@track 1 go into your gmail settings then the use that you use then email notifications look for uncheck boxes

make sure you didnt turn off background data or sync

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown

Was all this even necessary? My phone is rooted with a custom Rom and I have taken to Sprint a few times, they never seemed to care.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Yo brehs. I have a my touch 4g and i don't have a upgrade avaiable til March. Someone put me D to this whole "Root" shyt

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Was all this even necessary? My phone is rooted with a custom Rom and I have taken to Sprint a few times, they never seemed to care.

All the things I read was that it voided the warranty, now my problem is that the phone wont cut on past the samsung screen :snoop:

OK, I got the phone to come up & it's running ICS again. The superuser app isn't there and hasn't rebooted yet (knock on wood)

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Should have cleared cache and data or flashed a new ROM to see if it was fixed before you did all that.

Thats what i was trying to tell him...or flash a nandroid backup first to see if that alleviated the issue.

No offense to breh, but thats a reason why Android gets a bad rep.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Bootloops are easily remedied. A dalvik cache wipe does the trick more times than not. Pretty much if it turns on you can recover the phone.

I find it far too much to unroot and pass it back to sprint. on the plus side you might get a nice newer or better condition phone. Next time check back with us.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Thats what i was trying to tell him...or flash a nandroid backup first to see if that alleviated the issue.

Yep. At worst, all he had to do was install another rom or restore a Nandroid. Either way it goes, the bootloops are his fault cause he rooted and is using a non stock rom...:russ:

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Yep. At worst, all he had to do was install another rom or restore a Nandroid. Either way it goes, the bootloops are his fault cause he rooted and is using a non stock rom...:russ:

When i have boot issues, first thing i do is wipe the davlik...that doesnt fix it, i reflash the rom clean, that doesnt work..........

Nandroid or install a new rom :smugdraper:

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang

I appreciate all your help, I'm not as knowledgeable on these things. This is my first android and never had this happen to my phone so I panicked. I did manage to get my phone working again.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang

The bootloop came out of nowhere, I didn't try to customize anything since June. Only thing I did was update my phone when sprint released the ICS. I know now that bootloops are fixable