PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Android Messages may soon let you text from the web

For a year and a half now, Google’s semi-official strategy for messaging apps has been a three-legged stool: Allo for consumer chat, Hangouts for corporate chat, and good ol’ SMS for texting (with RCS in the future). None of those strategies were ever really going to challenge the players who are leading the messaging app space: WhatsApp, iMessage, Facebook Messenger.

It’s possible, however, that the last leg of that messaging stool is about to get a lot more interesting. Android Police just dug into the code for the very latest version of Android Messages, the app Google makes for SMS. And inside it are references to two very intriguing features.

The first is pretty straightforward and, one hopes, easy to implement: you may be able to easily send text messages from your computer soon. Just as you can with Allo and WhatsApp, it appears as though you’ll be able to go to a webpage, scan a QR code, and have it get connected up to your phone as an easier way to send texts. Android Policefound code that indicates multiple browsers will be supported and, in fact, multiple computers may also be supported.

That’s all well and good — it takes care of a gap that Android users have had to use third-party products to fill for a long time. It’s also not super interesting because, well, SMS itself is not super interesting. Even paired with MMS, it doesn’t offer any of the features you expect from a modern texting app.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
It's an error with their text editor and Chrome on Android phones on XenForo forums. Happens on ResetEra too and they said there SwiftKey was looking into it.
Swiftkey has been azz for me for a while. Its sucked on the coli for yrs amd I had issues texting as well

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Swiftkey has bee azz for me for a while. Its sucked on the coli for yrs amd I had issues texting as well
It works fine for me on the Samsung browser. It just messes up on Chrome. I switched to the Samsung keyboard till they figure it out. SwiftKey has always been my preferred keyboard.

Daps
Breh's...I had been waiting for the Pixel 2 XL and my current deal to end (Iphone 6)...But got swayed into the oneplus 5t :wow: Ok the Camera isn't as good but Damn this a nice ass phone and much cheaper. I couldn't wait 4 more months for the oneplus 6 but for the price I paid for this handset I am very very happy.