Daps
Reppin
SoFla
Still don't understand how Android can't get group messaging right. It's the only flaw my 6P has, but it's something I encounter every single day so it's annoying as hell. At least once a week i'll get a little triangle notification with an exclamation point in it saying "error downloading MMS" or some shyt and the group texts will never show up. The word part is, I've experienced this with different phones, different carriers, etc., not even sure what the problem is, but they need to figure it out asap. If this iPhone 7 wasn't so damn underwhelming I think I would've made the switch. Gotta assume Apple knows this too and that's why they refuse to release imessage for Android.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Got an email from T-Mobile to power off the note 7 and replace. Seems Samsung's getting shook and the replacements might not roll out on time.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Got an email from T-Mobile to power off the note 7 and replace. Seems Samsung's getting shook and the replacements might not roll out on time.

I returned mines bout week ago had some issues with the reception and when I did they had a hard time factory resetting it
Got a s7 with sgear 2
They saying note 7 at earliest end of Sept my Tmobile stores

Daps
Still don't understand how Android can't get group messaging right. It's the only flaw my 6P has, but it's something I encounter every single day so it's annoying as hell. At least once a week i'll get a little triangle notification with an exclamation point in it saying "error downloading MMS" or some shyt and the group texts will never show up. The word part is, I've experienced this with different phones, different carriers, etc., not even sure what the problem is, but they need to figure it out asap. If this iPhone 7 wasn't so damn underwhelming I think I would've made the switch. Gotta assume Apple knows this too and that's why they refuse to release imessage for Android.
This issue still has me :mindblown:

All those smart people at Google and none of them can see the advantage in developing a real android alternative to iMessage that's actually ingrained into the os? :mindblown:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Back on my Nexus 6 for a day so I guess I'll visit my GSDG homies :jawalrus:

Thought I would be able to play with Nougat but they won't release it for my phone for a few more weeks :stopitslime:

It's pretty cool that Google is doing monthly patches now :leon:

Last edited:

Brandwin

Pro
Daps

Bro! I just started having the same issue late last week and never had it before - this is what I posted on Reddit looking for answers. I can't figure it out so I switched from Google Messenger to Textra and called it a got damn day.

I am using stock Google Messenger on Nexus 6P

*Group thread with wife/friend (friend iPhone/Wife Note 4 stock android messenger) *Have had thread for a while *I text –wife/friend both see message *Friend texts – wife and I both see message *Wife replies – I do not see message in group message and it kicks back to wife and my individual text with a “couldn’t download” error. Friend sees message wife typed. *I had wife download Google Messenger – No error anymore. Leads me to believe issue is stock android messenger.

Today – *I start group message with two friends (S5/S7) – I got messages from S5 friend, but had same issue as I did wife with S7 friend. *I start new group chat with two co-workers (iPhone/S6) – I got messages from both parties. *Getting message from both co-workers, threw out my theory that it was a stock android messaging issue. *Reset APN settings. Uninstalled Messenger updates and updated app. *Had wife message group message with stock – “Couldn’t download” error appears again. When she was on Google Messenger, it worked. *Downloaded Textra – Had wife message group thread via stock app and it went through. *Had friend who was giving me same issue message from and it went through.

So I was thinking Stock Android messenging app wasn’t playing nice with Google Messenger app, but now I am not sure what is going on. Since I have receive messages from some using stock and some not while on Google Messenger. Switch to Textra and no issue at all.

Brandwin

Pro
Daps
Disappointed about the price point. I just got a Nexus 6P for Christmas 2015, but I get that itch to get a new product, so I was starting to get excited, but I don’t think I want to fork over $700+ for the XL 128gb model. Unless they have a pricing plan, but I don’t know. I really don’t have to upgrade, Nexus 6P is great.

Has anyone with a 6p gotten Android N yet?
Just enroll in the Nougat beta and it will send Nougat 7.0 right over and then leave the beta, it’s what I did when it was announced.