Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

"
Xiaomi will sell a flagship Android phone for $204

By Aaron Souppouris 9/22/15

xiaomimi4c.jpg

Xiaomi has somehow put one of the best processors on the market into a smartphone that costs just $204. The Mi 4c is a Xiaomi's China-only version of the company's Mi 4i, but it's updated some of the internals to keep things fresh. The two big changes over the Mi 4i are a new powerhouse in the form of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 -- the same six-core chip powering LG's G4 and the new Moto X -- and an improved 13-megapixel camera sensor with phase-detection autofocus.

There are a few smaller differences between the handsets, such as a USB Type-C port in place of the Mi 4i's micro-USB, MIUI-flavored Android 5.0, a slight increase in weight, and a minor decrease in battery size (it's still a very healthy 3,040mAh, though). Other than that, it's got the same 5-inch 1080p IPS panel, the same dual-SIM capabilities, and the same storage options. The 16GB version with 2GB of RAM will set you back 1299 yuan ($204), while the 32GB version with 3GB of RAM costs 1499 yuan ($235). That's basically the same price as the Mi 4i, but with a much-improved spec sheet.

xiaomimi4cside.jpg

So this is essentially a flagship phone for $204. But if you're reading this from somewhere other than China, you'll have difficulty tracking one down when it launches tomorrow. We'd love to offer you an alternative that's available in the US, but it's genuinely impossible. The closest you'll find is probably the Asus Zenfone 2, which has a decent spec set for $200, or perhaps the latest Moto G, which at $180-$220 keeps pace with the pricing, but at the expense of specs. Then there's the OnePlus 2, which has the specs but also comes with a $320 asking price. You get the picture: nothing can really compete with the Mi 4i at this price. And if Xiaomi ever decides to sell its phones in the US a number of companies could be in a lot of trouble.

That wasn't all the company announced today, though. It also became an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) with "Mi Mobile," which offers simple service plans running on the back of one of China's smaller mobile networks, Unicom. It'll launch with a pay-as-you-go plan that charges 0.1 Yuan (about $0.016) per minute, SMS, or 1MB, and then expand to offer a 3GB data plan for 59 Yuan (about $9) per month this October.

Xiaomi will sell a flagship Android phone for $204
"

:damn: @CashmereEsquire @Golayitdown How is Samsung, LG, HTC, & Sony supposed to compete with these Chinese OEMs longterm?

They already release phones exclusive to those markets. I dont think US carriers would allow these Chinese brands to flood the market though thats why you only see a few pop up on GSM carriers only.

Wayans Brehs

All Star
Supporter
Daps
how much you think this will end up being? I`m seeing NExus 6's going for 299, seem like a steal.

6P will probably start at 650 as its supposed to be a true flagship.

The N6 for 300 is a steal. I just can't bring myself to buy it with these new phones a week away. And truthfully I'm still undecided if I really want to go the phablet route... Doesn't seem like I have much of a choice. All these phones big as fukk now

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
6P will probably start at 650 as its supposed to be a true flagship.

The N6 for 300 is a steal. I just can't bring myself to buy it with these new phones a week away. And truthfully I'm still undecided if I really want to go the phablet route... Doesn't seem like I have much of a choice. All these phones big as fukk now

I enjoy them, but then again I have big hands. You think the new nexus joints will follow suit like the moto x pure and work for all US carriers?

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
What themes are muhfukkas rocking with it? I've never really messed with anything but the default or the google now launcher, but I'm browsing the theme store now feeling like i need throw the kit on my shyt

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Samsung Pay works almost everywhere...beautiful

I finally got my Android Pay to work. I'm used to Apple Pay which is instant. On Android Pay you have to hold the phone up to the NFC reader for like 40 seconds before it kicks in.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
A Local Best Buy has the Moto X pure in stock but I`m going to wait to see what the Nexus phones hit up next week. Android Manufactures always promise their phones will et updates but I just can't take anything serious when it comes to that besides the nexus phones.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Which Droid phone is next to be the greatest technological marvel since telivision?

Or am I just gonna be with this s5 for the next 3 years