Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The note 5 is ass.

:mjcry: I was looking forward to this.

:mjlol:

I think Sammy is done honestly. I think Moto is gonna rise through the ranks of Android because at this point the Battle of Android is going to be the race to the bottom, who can make the best price for the lowest cost. Because literally no reason to cop a Flagship Sammy when a Nexus/Moto will out perform it/be smoother/ and actually get updates that dont jack it up for half the price.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

I think Sammy is done honestly. I think Moto is gonna rise through the ranks of Android because at this point the Battle of Android is going to be the race to the bottom, who can make the best price for the lowest cost. Because literally no reason to cop a Flagship Sammy when a Nexus/Moto will out perform it/be smoother/ and actually get updates that dont jack it up for half the price.
This. I don't understand Samsung's current strategy at all.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This. I don't understand Samsung's current strategy at all.
They dont understand it. They are trying to compete with Apple, but can't because they dont make the OS, so they add a ton of crap to the OS which bogs it down, and then they try to go for the "user experience" and want to create an ecosystem, but once again they dont control the Software aspects 100%. If Samsung had their own OS then what they want to do would work, but right now it simply can't. Their execs are out of touch, It may be a cultural thing because look at how HTC was run, but Samsung at least has more money so they can buy their way out of situations. Motorola actually "gets it", they understand what they are working with when it comes to Android and understand they can't go the apple route because Android is not a lockdown system, so they go the route Windows PC manufactures go which is trying to provide the best hardware at the best price, because at the end of the day every android phone does the same thing and runs the same apps, so it has to make sense for someone to want to buy your device. Right now it simply doesnt make sense to buy a Samsung device when you can get the Moto X for half the price or even a Moto G for 1/5th the price. Literally the only enticing thing about Samsung Devices are their cameras. People hate on Apple but apple has created an Ecosystem, so their devices dont have to be super specd out, they make sure the entire ecosystem performs amazingly. If Samsung would have developed their own OS from Day one and built on it they could be a top dog since their money is long so they can take bigger risk, for example if Blackberry took risk they wouldn't be in the boat they are in right now.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps

:mjcry: I think it might be time for me to part ways with the samsung note series. I'm going to give it another year. I ain't ready.

Edit -:whoo: That sony phone @Krazy just posted looking kinda sexy. Can you take the back off and insert a sd card?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:mjcry: I think it might be time for me to part ways with the samsung note series. I'm going to give it another year. I ain't ready.

Edit -:whoo: That sony phone @Krazy just posted looking kinda sexy. Can you take the back off and insert a sd card?

The Note 4 will maybe reach HTC HD status since it is the last Samsung device with Removable Battery and SD, so I think the Dev community will boom because of it. Sony Devices look good but thats about it from what I hear. If there was a Sony Nexus device then it would probably be the best Android device out. The issue with Android is that the OS is the same and all devices run the same apps so the buying decision comes down to the physical build you prefer on the device and the Camera, so with having that option you then have to ask yourself is it worth paying 700-800 for the better physical design or what since there is a 400 dollar phone with exact same processor and OS. Its only thing if there was only one model out so its either buy the new phone or the old ie.iPhone, but in this case you are basing your Android phone decision on everything other than the OS, so thats when you have to ask yourself is it worth paying an extra 300 bucks for a glass frame and better camera because either way you can do the same damn think on both phones and both phones have the same/similar processor.

keepemup

Banned
Daps
They dont understand it. They are trying to compete with Apple, but can't because they dont make the OS, so they add a ton of crap to the OS which bogs it down, and then they try to go for the "user experience" and want to create an ecosystem, but once again they dont control the Software aspects 100%. If Samsung had their own OS then what they want to do would work, but right now it simply can't. Their execs are out of touch, It may be a cultural thing because look at how HTC was run, but Samsung at least has more money so they can buy their way out of situations. Motorola actually "gets it", they understand what they are working with when it comes to Android and understand they can't go the apple route because Android is not a lockdown system, so they go the route Windows PC manufactures go which is trying to provide the best hardware at the best price, because at the end of the day every android phone does the same thing and runs the same apps, so it has to make sense for someone to want to buy your device. Right now it simply doesnt make sense to buy a Samsung device when you can get the Moto X for half the price or even a Moto G for 1/5th the price. Literally the only enticing thing about Samsung Devices are their cameras. People hate on Apple but apple has created an Ecosystem, so their devices dont have to be super specd out, they make sure the entire ecosystem performs amazingly. If Samsung would have developed their own OS from Day one and built on it they could be a top dog since their money is long so they can take bigger risk, for example if Blackberry took risk they wouldn't be in the boat they are in right now.

From what I've seen the Note 5 and Edge plus perform wonderfully.

As far as Apple phones not being spec'd out I think that's misleading. Apple's A whatever chips typically double the transistor count as their Qualcomm counterparts. Also, understand that when you read that these other chips run at 2.7 Ghz etc that they are almost always talking about peak speed, which can only be sustained briefly before they clock back to more typical speeds about half the peak speed. And we all know Apple doesn't do a lot of RAM because they haven't yet emphasized multi-tasking in as robust a way as Android does - either to the user's detriment or benefit, I'll let somebody else answer.

There are a couple of things that iphones are generally superior in comparison to their android manufacturing counterparts. The DSP gurus they have that working wonders with their 8px camera low light images are impressive. Another thing I like about iphones is the way that if their screen cracks, it is often still usable. I don't know if there are any other android manufacturers that employ the same laminate screen technology. Lastly, I appreciate the way their phones have all radios built in, as Iphones typically work internationally without any hassle.

If we're talking about strictly operating systems? Blackberry 10 OS is the best (my opinion of course) and it's not even close.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
From what I've seen the Note 5 and Edge plus perform wonderfully.

As far as Apple phones not being spec'd out I think that's misleading. Apple's A whatever chips typically double the transistor count as their Qualcomm counterparts. Also, understand that when you read that these other chips run at 2.7 Ghz etc that they are almost always talking about peak speed, which can only be sustained briefly before they clock back to more typical speeds about half the peak speed. And we all know Apple doesn't do a lot of RAM because they haven't yet emphasized multi-tasking in as robust a way as Android does - either to the user's detriment or benefit, I'll let somebody else answer.

There are a couple of things that iphones are generally superior in comparison to their android manufacturing counterparts. The DSP gurus they have that working wonders with their 8px camera low light images are impressive. Another thing I like about iphones is the way that if their screen cracks, it is often still usable. I don't know if there are any other android manufacturers that employ the same laminate screen technology. Lastly, I appreciate the way their phones have all radios built in, as Iphones typically work internationally without any hassle.

If we're talking about strictly operating systems? Blackberry 10 OS is the best (my opinion of course) and it's not even close.

IDK how the Note 5 and S6Edge+ are but I have seen a ton of people say the S6 is crap, I enjoyed it when I had it though.

And yea people dont get the engineering behinds apples chipsets so all they see is dual core, not knowing those dual cores are outperforming most quad and 8 core phones on top of the OS was designed specifically for that chip compared to Android where the OS is not designed for a specific hardware thus a 8 core phone can run like crap. At the end of the day once we hit dual core phones it was no excuse for no phone to run like crap IMO especially when 1gb ram became a norm.

And Blackberry OS is dope from what I read, I actually wanted to buy a BB Passport because they look nice as hell. The issue with BB is the have left a sour taste in peoples mouth so nobody wants to develop for them, thus they have no apps, and even though they run android apps now, that still isn't enough to win people over.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
The Note 4 will maybe reach HTC HD status since it is the last Samsung device with Removable Battery and SD, so I think the Dev community will boom because of it. Sony Devices look good but thats about it from what I hear. If there was a Sony Nexus device then it would probably be the best Android device out. The issue with Android is that the OS is the same and all devices run the same apps so the buying decision comes down to the physical build you prefer on the device and the Camera, so with having that option you then have to ask yourself is it worth paying 700-800 for the better physical design or what since there is a 400 dollar phone with exact same processor and OS. Its only thing if there was only one model out so its either buy the new phone or the old ie.iPhone, but in this case you are basing your Android phone decision on everything other than the OS, so thats when you have to ask yourself is it worth paying an extra 300 bucks for a glass frame and better camera because either way you can do the same damn think on both phones and both phones have the same/similar processor.

The bolded is only partially true, but I agree with the rest of your point. The OS is the same in that Android phones can *usually* run the same apps. The whole reason Android is so fragmented is because most manufacturers take the base Android (not AOSP, but the Google version that's used everywhere) and change it to the point where it's not directly compatible with the original Google code. This means when Google drops a big update to the original code, the manufacturers have to do another update on top of that to make sure their version of things still work.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I understand. I love the galaxy note because up until the 5 it was like the ultimate powerhouse cellphone. 64gb of internal memory along with the addition of a sd card you would have more than enough room to store your apps,pics, and music. The screen was outstanding,when it came to viewing videos and running apps. The back cover came off, so if you had a battery charger you could swap batteries and keep it moving. The S pen came in handy when it was time to write a quick memos. I'm probably going to wait until the next release before I give up on the Note Series.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The bolded is only partially true, but I agree with the rest of your point. The OS is the same in that Android phones can *usually* run the same apps. The whole reason Android is so fragmented is because most manufacturers take the base Android (not AOSP, but the Google version that's used everywhere) and change it to the point where it's not directly compatible with the original Google code. This means when Google drops a big update to the original code, the manufacturers have to do another update on top of that to make sure their version of things still work.
lol I was just being nice. MY issue with google is they dont care, all they want to do is collect your data, but do it under the guise of innovation. At least with windows you have one OS across various devices, and you dont have the issue of fragmentation, but with Android it gives companies the ability to be lazy and try to build a custom OS for the low, but it ends up hurting end users.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah I understand. I love the galaxy note because up until the 5 it was like the ultimate powerhouse cellphone. 64gb of internal memory along with the addition of a sd card you would have more than enough room to store your apps,pics, and music. The screen was outstanding,when it came to viewing videos and running apps. The back cover came off, so if you had a battery charger you could swap batteries and keep it moving. The S pen came in handy when it was time to write a quick memos. I'm probably going to wait until the next release before I give up on the Note Series.

me personally I dont have an issue with Lack of SD, I just get annoyed when I hear about about Quad and 8 core phones running like crap after a yr and theres no excuse for that.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
lol I was just being nice. MY issue with google is they dont care, all they want to do is collect your data, but do it under the guise of innovation. At least with windows you have one OS across various devices, and you dont have the issue of fragmentation, but with Android it gives companies the ability to be lazy and try to build a custom OS for the low, but it ends up hurting end users.

Basically. I've always said in the back of my mind that when Apple got their shyt together (in my opinion obviously) I was going to leave Android. Google doesn't really give a shyt about phones, otherwise the Nexus series would literally be a major 1:1 contender with the iPhone year over year. If not. they could still do some simple things to put the OS in a position to flourish.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Basically. I've always said in the back of my mind that when Apple got their shyt together (in my opinion obviously) I was going to leave Android. Google doesn't really give a shyt about phones, otherwise the Nexus series would literally be a major 1:1 contender with the iPhone year over year.

yup, Google every yr will drop devices like the Google TV, Nexus Player, The Q thing, Google Glass, etc etc build hype and then never build upon it. IDK how cats tolerate that kind of stuff. ITs a damn shame literally everything do is a beta test, and its sloppy. Apple creates an experience point blank. I think Motorola may be the last company who has potential to create an ecosystem, but even then who knows. The Moto X being sold straight from them and being able to be taken to any carrier is a good first start, the issue at hand is the avg consumer goes to their local carrier store, and sales rep will either push them to just get the cheapest or newest android or an iPhone. I cop Android devices to see whats new and to play with em, but they just dont have what I need to be a daily driver.