Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
They need to have 16 teams for basketball olympics just like soccer does. I get it back in 90s only couple national teams were legit in basketball. Things have changed. Since they give a single spot for Africa and for Asia, you are left with only 10 spots for great teams.
Europe got it the worst.

You can legit be the third best European team in this tourney and have to do it all over again next year.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Canada hasn’t medaled in the Olympics since the 1930s and has never medaled in the World Cup

why are you comparing them to USA Basketball :dead:

nobody is shocked they lost to Brazil, Brazil has had more success as a National team than Canada :skip:

Im not comparing the sides you dummy im comparing what the fan reaction would be and Canada was a 19.5 point favorite,to say it wasnt a surprise is just plain dishonesty...

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im not comparing the sides you dummy im comparing what the fan reaction would be and Canada was a 19.5 point favorite,to say it wasnt a surprise is just plain dishonesty...
nobody is surprised a country that has never accomplished a damn thing in international basketball lost a game

how could this possibly be compared to the USA dropping a game - Team USA has won like 90% of their international games, they have an all time point differential of +6794 in International play

Canada hasnt even qualified for the Olympics since 2000 :mjlol:

the USA losing does deserve that type of reaction, lmao at Canada - their entire basketball history is L's

I saw Canada lost and RJ Barrett & Dillon Brooks played like shyt and didnt bat an eye

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
nobody is surprised a country that has never accomplished a damn thing in international basketball lost a game

how could this possibly be compared to the USA dropping a game - Team USA has won like 90% of their international games, they have an all time point differential of +6794 in International play

Canada hasnt even qualified for the Olympics since 2000 :mjlol:

the USA losing does deserve that type of reaction, lmao at Canada - their entire basketball history is L's

I saw Canada lost and RJ Barrett & Dillon Brooks played like shyt and didnt bat an eye

What Canada did 20 or 50 years ago is irrelevant to this convo...they were 19 point favorites and clearly are the better team thats why the reaction ios what it was were just being stupid and pretending not to get it and bringing up 1930 for no reason....

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What Canada did 20 or 50 years ago is irrelevant to this convo...they were 19 point favorites and clearly are the better team thats why the reaction ios what it was were just being stupid and pretending not to get it and bringing up 1930 for no reason....
didnt Canada drop an exhibition game to Dominican Republic like two weeks ago? :skip:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We talkin about practice ?

Yea when they sat there starters in the second half....
this is kind of my point though, if the USA dropped a "practice" game to DR, what do you think the reaction would be? I never understood the comparison for CAN dropping a game, to the USA dropping a game, its out of line tbh

and yes, history matters, I would like to see Canada accomplish something before I get surprised they carry on with their tradition of losing

if the Detroit Lions flame out this season in the NFL and dont meet expectatios, I promise you nobody will be shocked, we will just say, "its the Lions"
if the Chiefs flame out this season and miss the playoffs, it will be surprising and people will talk about it

you see the difference here? if its not clear, ya'll are the Detroit Lions here

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
this is kind of my point though, if the USA dropped a "practice" game to DR, what do you think the reaction would be? I never understood the comparison for CAN dropping a game, to the USA dropping a game, its out of line tbh

and yes, history matters, I would like to see Canada accomplish something before I get surprised they carry on with their tradition of losing

if the Detroit Lions flame out this season in the NFL and dont meet expectatios, I promise you nobody will be shocked, we will just say, "its the Lions"
if the Chiefs flame out this season and miss the playoffs, it will be surprising and people will talk about it

you see the difference here? if its not clear, ya'll are the Detroit Lions here

Nobody cares about exhibition games if USA dropped a tournament game to Latvia or Whomever youd get the same reactions in this thread....You tried to bring up practice games as a misdirection side point lol....

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody cares about exhibition games if USA dropped a tournament game to Latvia or Whomever youd get the same reactions in this thread....You tried to bring up practice games as a misdirection side point lol....
what bullshyt lmao

and I can pick out from years of consistent losing of non "practice" games - problem is yall are so trash you cant even make qualify for the tournaments that matter most of the time

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
what bullshyt lmao

and I can pick out from years of consistent losing of non "practice" games - problem is yall are so trash you cant even make qualify for the tournaments that matter most of the time

i think you lost the point of this argument.This isnt about whether Canada is trash or not,its about why posting negativity after a bad loss is universal...and not relegated to "canadian" fans.

Last edited:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Europe got it the worst.

You can legit be the third best European team in this tourney and have to do it all over again next year.
That's what's gonna happen. Luckily France are the hosts. Even after this years fiasco, playing against them in qualifications would have been tough.

I see either Germany or Slovenia winning a ticket to Olympics. And the next one it can fall to anyone who gets lucky in top 8.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
So basically if Canada and DR lose, whichever loses by less points will win the 2nd Olympic ticket?