Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Im just thinking of how nick nurse would have lost this game. We know he doesn't guard the 3 and latvia would have wide open 3s all game.

Woulda had Olynyk and Nickeil trapping 1 guy on the perimeter and left underneath corner 3s wide open,we already know how his fat doughy ass would have fukked it up....

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Saw a comment about Darko maybe getting some flack if the season starts off like shyt, given that Jordi was an option. Curious to see if that ends up playing out.

I would hire Jordi as a lead assistant right now forget waiting....How Canada is defending is how the Raptors should be trying to defend....aggressive on the ball and switch but do not double or trap above the break....

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Prisoner of the moment babble
WBC had 4 world class teams: Japan, USA, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic

had many decent dark horse teams like Mexico, Cuba, Canada, South Korea

FIBA has a regressed USA and Canada…that’s it

In fact Canada is the only team that seems to be getting better

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
WBC had 4 world class teams: Japan, USA, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic

had many decent dark horse teams like Mexico, Cuba, Canada, South Korea

FIBA has a regressed USA and Canada…that’s it

In fact Canada is the only team that seems to be getting better

It’s because the stars participated in the WBC

Put it like this…28 players made All-NBA the last 3 seasons, of those 28 only four are participating in the World Cup: Shai, Luka, Gobert and KAT

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I’ve posted about this before but anyone watch Japan hoop is exactly how these dudes play pick up ball. No passing, no D, and jacking up an off balance hero ball ass three 10 seconds into the set :mjlol: :laff: . MFs have their high schoolers playing with a shot clock and FIBA 3 point line and they wonder why they can’t get kids to sign up for basketball.:beli:

Yo, that's exactly how Filipinos play pick-up ball too. :russ:There's a massive community of them near my job abroad and they all hoop or talk hoops but jesus christ it's appalling to play with them

They all in reasonable shape but only play 2-3 zone and don't run back on defense :mjlol:

And of course they'll shoot the "open 3" on the 2 on 1 (or 4 on 1) fast break :dead:

Honestly when i was hoopin at the UofH rec centers long before Curry was in the league, the asians had their courts (away from where the brehs and d1 players held court) and watching them they played the same erratic style. I'm talkin 2006

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
in fairness, in pool play, the scores kinda matter. The teams who don't advance, the stats carry over to the next pool to determine ranking and where they place.

If you finish outside of the 16 eligible teams who will have to qualify again next year, your Olympic hopes are gone.

Yea... NBA needs to go-on ahead and bush that win-loss season series stuff and instead make the tiebreakers be about point differentials :wow:

"Tied in the standings? You won 2 of our 3 match ups? Yea well we won our 1 by 50 :umad:"

but nah :mjlol: that would serve no purpose other than making the point spreads even worse

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, that's exactly how Filipinos play pick-up ball too. :russ:There's a massive community of them near my job abroad and they all hoop or talk hoops but jesus christ it's appalling to play with them

They all in reasonable shape but only play 2-3 zone and don't run back on defense :mjlol:

And of course they'll shoot the "open 3" on the 2 on 1 (or 4 on 1) fast break :dead:

Honestly when i was hoopin at the UofH rec centers long before Curry was in the league, the asians had their courts (away from where the brehs and d1 players held court) and watching them they played the same erratic style. I'm talkin 2006
:russ: reminds me of playing with Filipinos in the UAE back in the day. Good people though.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
If it's that Walkup dude, that bullshyt made me lose my 1st half over bet by 2pts

i got screwed today in that lithuania, montegreno game

had it +18.5, and with seconds left up 18 lithuania scored

that run it up came back to bite me :to: