Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
This now means that 8 spots are up for the Qualiying Tournament NEXT YEAR before the Olympics in the 17-32 bracket, and that's not including France and the two auto bids for Asia and Africa

The bottom 5 teams are done from any Olympic shot

My guess is Egypt, Mexico, Venezuela, Lebanon and maybe Iran don't make it to qualifiers.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
This now means that 8 spots are up for the Qualiying Tournament NEXT YEAR before the Olympics in the 17-32 bracket, and that's not including France and the two auto bids for Asia and Africa

The bottom 5 teams are done from any Olympic shot

My guess is Egypt, Mexico, Venezuela, Lebanon and maybe Iran don't make it to qualifiers.
Is it just the top 8 that don't qualify that get into the qualifying tourneys, or is it based on regions

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
F4ycX4JW0AAbuJY

Groups for the next round are set. Everything from the 1st round carries over, and the teams only play the teams they haven't played yet.

So Canada plays Spain and Brazil, and USA will play Lithuania and Montenegro. Games start on Friday I believe. Top 2 teams from each group advance to the quarterfinals

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Is it just the top 8 that don't qualify that get into the qualifying tourneys, or is it based on regions

it's based off final standings at the end of the tournament, but yes, it's the top 8 (top African, American and Asia/Oceania teams get autobids)

If you withdraw, you're replaced based off region however, so for example, New Zealand was supposed to be in the Qualifying Tournament, but they withdrew. The Philippines replaced them even though they were last and weren't gonna qualify.

Let's assume it ends this way

Australia
France
USA- America bid
Canada- America Bid
Slovenia- Euro bid
Germany- Euro bid
African bid- who cares
Asia bid- who cares

for the qualifying tournament next year

Cameroon
Poland
Bahamas
Bahrain
Croatia are already in

DR would be in, highest ranking America team
Angola for Africa
New Zealand for Asia/Oceania

16 more teams after that makes 24.

Last edited:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
F4ycX4JW0AAbuJY

Groups for the next round are set. Everything from the 1st round carries over, and the teams only play the teams they haven't played yet.

So Canada plays Spain and Brazil, and USA will play Lithuania and Montenegro. Games start on Friday I believe. Top 2 teams from each group advance to the quarterfinals

Gonna be interesting see who makes it out of Group K

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
F4ycX4JW0AAbuJY

Spain looks atrocious no way we should lose to these bums, iran was looking good for three quarters