Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shiiiid i couldn't name a single viking on that team other than the feisty one that used to play for the Spurs i think, but once i got the confirmation that (1) they had shooters and (2) they were up against Gobert, Batum, and Fournier in a meaningful game? That was an easy moneyline :mjlol:

Granted it was like +500 at the start of the game. I gotta be more patient and go with the live bet
Their guard Kurucs had a decent season with the Nets a few years ago too. Impressive that they’re doing this without KP.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't think I can bet on these games. 10 minute quarters and the momentum swings are real. Dubs go down 10 early, you're ok. Steph Curry will make his threes and do what he does. In these games, the most random guy will go off. Look at Angola. They have ONE NBA player in Bruno Fernando. He didn't lead the team in scoring today. DR today, Andres Feliz had 22/5/5 with SEVEN threes. Yuta Watanabe had 4 points.

This blatantly Japanese guy had 28

2Hawkinson_Josh.jpg

Yeah it's crwzy

Japan looked dead so dead the spread in the third quarter with 3 min left was -18.5 Finland

Then some guy who looks like he was 5'5 went off from three

Next thing I know Japan won

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel bad for Jordan Clarkson. They needed this game today to stay alive and play Italy in an elimination game and goes 7/21 at home.

And DR needed Philippines to win so they could clinch :sad: Beat Angola, win the group.
Smh I wanted to see them go far, Filipinos legitimately love basketball.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The crazy part is that the tournament doesn't end because they're still qualifiers within qualifiers (depending on your region, if you're one of the last one or two standing, your qualify for the Olympics. I hate to say it, the 17-32 is just to see who gets the automatic berth from Africa unless Angola sneaks in from their group), so there's a loser's bracket France gotta go to. They'll be the only country in it who doesn't give a shyt.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Yea its too bad they suck at it...Its kinda odd for it be almost a national pastime and you arent good at it on any level...
It’s not good enough to be as insulated as it is. They don’t know how ass they are until they play other countries or bring in imports for their tournaments.

Imagine how much worse Canada would be if they didn’t go to American high schools and colleges to develop

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
I love FIBA and the Olympics but this shyt is basically an NBA offseason tournament at this point. Some of these teams have future NBA HOFers. There were only 2 (Vlade and Kukoc) on other teams when the Dream Team was around. Spain and Argentina only comp for Redeem Team. Now, random teams got HOF players and borderline all stars. Anybody can win.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
It’s not good enough to be as insulated as it is. They don’t know how ass they are until they play other countries or bring in imports for their tournaments.

Imagine how much worse Canada would be if they didn’t go to American high schools and colleges to develop

You have to have the the caliber of players to send to other places to sharpen your skills they dont even have that foundation...Canada at least had talent to draw from and send to the NCAA/AAU...and from what i know they dont have the resources at the grassroots level to develop talent..

Last edited:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Did he ever actually say he wanted to play for France? That same summer he got the US citizenship too.

I don't think we'll ever see him in international competition tbh
He said he wanted and French basketball organization were asking him to make up his mind already.

Anyways he's injured every year, small chances he realistically shows up to play for them.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
He said he wanted and French basketball organization were asking him to make up his mind already.

Anyways he's injured every year, small chances he realistically shows up to play for them.

Kind of sounds like a contradiction. Why should he "make up his mind" if he said he wanted...sounds to me like he wasn't sure at all:patrice:

Anyway yeah, that's what I'm thinking and also he never showed interest in international ball