Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The best bigs are all international. America has done a piss poor job at developing bigs

AD and Bam is all we got

After that it’s what? Jarrett Allen, Myles Turner, Mitchell Robinson? It’s ugly
Agreed

It goes back to what I said about them developing bigs to play perimeter D and shooting 3s instead of banging down low.

International bigs probably been playing professiomally against grown men in the paint since they were 16. What's crazy is that they still manage to step out behind the line and shoot better than our bigs while still being able to do dirty work inside.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Boxing out ain't gonna work when you got 6'4" nikka like josh hart trying to box out 6'8" and above sweaty nikkas breh what is you talking about

MF you play in the NBA and can’t out position and out athlete a euro cac that plays professionally in Armenia :mjlol: . Not one Lithuanian rebound came from somebody jumping over our guys who had good position on them. It was all because they weren’t getting a body on people. Our leading rebounder was Portis who had 5 rebounds and he’s 7 foot. Da fukk you bringing up Josh Hart for

Making gotdamn excuses about development like boxing out and getting an ass on somebody is something they teach only in Europe.

Tom Izzo or Coach K would have these dummies running stairs until they died for that effort

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
If Spain wins Canada won't directly qualify for the Olympics since Bruno Caboclo won the tiebreaker lmao

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I swear if the Nuggets organization had any impact on convincing Murray not to play for Canada man
Piece of fukking dogshyt organization:pacspit:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also why do the major tournaments keep having to happen in Asia

Shanghai, Tokyo and Phillipines/Indonesia back to back to back plus Qatar has the WC in 2027 :hhh:

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Agreed

It goes back to what I said about them developing bigs to play perimeter D and shooting 3s instead of banging down low.

International bigs probably been playing professiomally against grown men in the paint since they were 16. What's crazy is that they still manage to step out behind the line and shoot better than our bigs while still being able to do dirty work inside.
One of the main things I really don’t like about our bigs, it’s like bro can you get in position and seal your man? It’s easy to chuck 3’s all day so guys don’t wanna bang down low because that’s “hard”.