Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Starting to think about this too. Maybe Campbell is the guy and a fully retooled defense and filling a couple holes on offense will fix everything next season. But if not you risk wasting another season/y year of all of these guy's rookie deals, plus your rookie QB will be learning his second new offense in two years.

Lions have a huge opportunity here. Cap space and a lot of draft depth to completely remake this roster...and a GM who has a proven ability to find talent. I'm not calling for Campbell to be fired but if he's simply not the guy...you really take a risk of delaying what could be a great rebuild.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Classic lion fan overthinking a mediocre transaction we lost on. Even if u do this trade, the Vikings? The Vikings?

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Totally agree. Who would you take for our QB in the draft?
Stroud. He has an NFL body, and when I watch his highlights I see him throw with anticipation and in tight windows. I'm sure there are highlights of young doing the same, but I can't find them.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bryce Young. Zero interest in Will Levis and zero interest in OSU system QBs (Stroud).
I worry about Bryce Young size. I don't like osu QBs but Stroud would step into a roster loaded with offensive talent.

I would pull the trigger on Stroud
Stroud. He has an NFL body, and when I watch his highlights I see him throw with anticipation and in tight windows. I'm sure there are highlights of young doing the same, but I can't find them.

Yeah I agree 100 Bryce is Small and Stroud has the size and arm talent but Bryce and Jameson Williams chemistry would be crazy being that they play in Alabama together

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Classic lion fan overthinking a mediocre transaction we lost on. Even if u do this trade, the Vikings? The Vikings?

Is Hock worth top 5 TE money? Are you willing to give him 15 million a year and 30 million signing bonus. I'd rather him not be a Viking but it's obvious our front offense doesn't value the position. I wouldn't be surprised if he blows up on a team that might feature him. He now has a top 5 WR as a running mate. I think his blocking gets exposed though.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Is Hock worth top 5 TE money? Are you willing to give him 15 million a year and 30 million signing bonus. I'd rather him not be a Viking but it's obvious our front offense doesn't value the position. I wouldn't be surprised if he blows up on a team that might feature him. He now has a top 5 WR as a running mate. I think his blocking gets exposed though.
The simplest breakdown for Hock is this:

Was there ever a time he caught a pass and was one-on-one with a defender and you thought he was gonna break it?

Great TEs can't be taken down by one guy. Hock has always gone down easily, plus he doesn't have blinding speed.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Yea Hock is worth top 5 TE money,which is why he’ll get it .. If you’re not willing to spend you’re not going to acquire or keep talent .

Hock isn’t Andrews or Kittle level but with Justin Jefferson stretching the field and other competent offensive skill players around him he’ll ball out .

With that being said I’m not mad at getting a 2nd for him.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I agree 100 Bryce is Small and Stroud has the size and arm talent but Bryce and Jameson Williams chemistry would be crazy being that they play in Alabama together
I wouldn’t be upset if we took young cuz you’re right, they had great chemistry but you asked my preference. I think they’ll both find success but in different ways

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is just stupid. The nfl should take the team over. And there's really people debating this team and the roster despite their inability to even be mediocre for a sustained period.

Give the numbers of a contract you’d give Hock