Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Have faith that Holmes knows what he’s doing. Kirby and Rodriguez look like keepers. Pascal looks solid in couple games. Hutch was #2 pick in a weak class at top. He’s a good prospect but was never on that elite level like a Bosa or Garrett. Expect Jamo speed to make offense truly elite. Only true miss was Levi and maybe Melifunwu due to injuries. He didn’t have cap to really attack free agency yet.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

He deserves credit for his work with Okudah. But the complete implosion of Oruwariye was likely his doom.

@djthegreat88 Holmes knows what he's doing, which makes me even more upset he wasn't allowed to pick his own coach. Two high 1st rounders next year, FA money...lot of potential for this team to rebound. I expect another good draft, Hutch will improve, Joseph is gonna be ahead of schedule, and Rodrigo will benefit from having two good LBs alongside him for once (via FA or draft).

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think let campbell finish the year the year and fire him next year if they start bad again and promote Johnson and see how he looks as interim HC

I remember when Aubrey Pleasant got hype and he’s unemployed now. Remember when sports radio hyped up Brayden Coombs to the point he tried to go rogue. He’s as worthless as his daddy. Johnson has to show me more, he’s tied together with Campbell

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Crazy that last year at this time we were worried about losing Glenn to a head coaching gig. And Pleasant was in running to be vikings Dcoordinator. NFL will slap you you in the face real quick

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

End of the day if your starting CB can't line up correctly and gets basic penalties over and over...is that coaching, or is it the player.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Amani has regressed like crazy this year. He was looking like a fringe #1 last year. Guess Campbell said in conference that the DBs didn’t follow gameplan. So did Pleasant go rogue or something?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Amani has regressed like crazy this year. He was looking like a fringe #1 last year. Guess Campbell said in conference that the DBs didn’t follow gameplan. So did Pleasant go rogue or something?
They wanted them to press the receivers. I'm not sure how that would have done anything given the talent disparity, Tyreek's speed, and zero pass rush on Tua.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
The rams aren't good and there pick could be top 15.

I've stated how I don't think we should draft a QB cuz Goff is decent and our problem is the lack of talent at QB.

Honestly with the rams pick being high we should take a QB.

I hate OSU qbs but we have so much talent on offense that I think Stroud will do good right away

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

I've stated how I don't think we should draft a QB cuz Goff is decent and our problem is the lack of talent at QB.

I hate OSU qbs but we have so much talent on offense that I think Stroud will do good right away
Goff has been solid this year. He’s a good mid tier QB. Problem is his salary. He is not worth the $30 million he’s due next year. Thats 3-4 defensive starters money. Think there isn’t anymore guaranteed money on his deal and 10 mil dead cap from restructures. So not hard to trade or release Goff. Considering what Wentz and Ryan got last year. There will be some team that would give like a 2nd or 3rd for Goff. Team like Bucs or Saints who probably won’t be bad enough to draft a top QB could deal for him

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Of course the problem with drafting a QB is that you put yourself in a situation like the Bears where a regime on the hot seat drafts a QB, gets fired, and new guys come in and aren't sold on him. A rookie QB could buy Campbell an extra year. but if things don't work out, your young QB will be learning his second offense within 1-2 years.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
So y’all ready to crown Joseph a keeper after one game in which the opposing qb had a perfect passer rating and he started at defensive back. Y’all a glutton for punishment always jumping the gun.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

That first pick I'm taking a QB. After that it can be all defense. There will be some solid QBs available that high up and Goff likely isn't their long term QB.