Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I assume Aaron Glen will be relieved of duties at the end of the season. Sucks to see a black coach fall this hard, going from a potential HC candidate to likely being a DB/secondary coach for the rest of his career; black coaches rarely get a second shot.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Prob would have lost regardless but that 4th down play call was egregious. This could really end up being a 2-3 win season.

And I have no earthly idea why they were taking their time the last drive like they wasnt down 4

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
a0c4adff2db983fb23a2694774cbdc758a9727e4.jpeg

:russ: :dead:

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
If the lions fire Campbell then we possibly lose Ben Johnson who I think could become a HC in the future

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Only way Campbell gets fired is if they go 1-16 or 2-15

They’ll win a few more games. Split with bear. Chance again GB, Jax

Glenn will be scapegoated. No way he’s back next year.

This former players coaching staff has back fired tremendously

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If the lions fire Campbell then we possibly lose Ben Johnson who I think could become a HC in the future

I think I’m okay with that trade off. How many modern coaches failed their first 2 years then turned it around. Campbell is Jim Tomsula & Rod Marinelli

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
I think I’m okay with that trade off. How many modern coaches failed their first 2 years then turned it around. Campbell is Jim Tomsula & Rod Marinelli

I think let campbell finish the year the year and fire him next year if they start bad again and promote Johnson and see how he looks as interim HC

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think let campbell finish the year the year and fire him next year if they start bad again and promote Johnson and see how he looks as interim HC
If Ben’s your guy there’s nothing stopping you from doing that this year.

Him as the interim won’t fix the defense though. Gonna have to grade him on a curve if they do the interim thing with him.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Only way Campbell gets fired is if they go 1-16 or 2-15

They’ll win a few more games. Split with bear. Chance again GB, Jax

Glenn will be scapegoated. No way he’s back next year.

This former players coaching staff has back fired tremendously
The staff seems fine outside of Glen. O-line is coached very well, allowing backups and practice dudes to step in and look serviceable. LBs coached well...not his fault we only have one decent LB on the roster. Duece is doing good with the RBs. The problem is that Campbell is clearly a position coach, was not qualified and is only here because he's a meathead white guy who played for Bill Parcell. BTW how on brand is it for the Lions to hire a Parcells guy when the league evolved ages ago. At this rate we'll hire a Sean McVay guy in 20 years.

This team has at least 3 wins with a serviceable, middle of the roach defense. Given that the scheme was changed specifically to mirror Glen's philosophy he has to go...I hate to say it but that's the truth of it. Meaning Campbell will have lost both of his first O and D coordinators within two years. He clearly got it right with Ben Johnson, maybe he gets it right next season with whoever replaces Glen. But the clock has to start ticking on this guy. If this team goes into Thanksgiving next season in another 1-2 win rut, he has to go. And the scary thing is that if this Goff plan is still in place next year and we neglect to draft a QB, we're going to be fukked. Passing on Herbert a few years ago and then passing up on Bryce Young could kill the franchise for another decade.

Last edited:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The staff seems fine outside of Glen. O-line is coached very well, allowing backups and practice dudes to step in and look serviceable. LBs coached well...not his fault we only have one decent LB on the roster. Duece is doing good with the RBs. The problem is that Campbell is clearly a position coach, was not qualified and is only here because he's a meathead white guy who played for Bill Parcell. BTW how on brand is it for the Lions to hire a Parcells guy when the league evolved ages ago. At this race we'll hire a Sean McVay guy in 20 years.

This team has at least 3 wins with a serviceable, middle of the roach defense. Given that the scheme was changed specifically to mirror Glen's philosophy he has to go...I hate to say it but that's the truth of it. Meaning Campbell will have lost both of his first O and D coordinators within two years. He clearly got it right with Ben Johnson, maybe he gets it right next season with whoever replaces Glen. But the clock has to start ticking on this guy. If this team goes into Thanksgiving next season in another 1-2 win rut, he has to go. And the scary thing is that if this Goff plan is still in place next year and we neglect to draft a QB, we're going to be fukked. Passing on Herbert a few years ago and then passing up on Bryce Young could kill the franchise for another decade.
I’m not arguing against your point, I’m playing devils advocate. Can we argue he’s doing what he should as a head coach? With the exception of going for it on 4th, every other problem has been fixed. The offense was broken and he fixed it. This year we thought the defense was healthy and would improve but coaching appears to be the problem. Should we give him a chance to fix it before we let him go? With Campbell or without him, I feel the defense is the only thing holding us back.

Oh and we’re taking CJ Stroud, not Bryce Young 😜

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I’m not arguing against your point, I’m playing devils advocate. Can we argue he’s doing what he should as a head coach? With the exception of going for it on 4th, every other problem has been fixed. The offense was broken and he fixed it. This year we thought the defense was healthy and would improve but coaching appears to be the problem. Should we give him a chance to fix it before we let him go? With Campbell or without him, I feel the defense is the only thing holding us back.

Oh and we’re taking CJ Stroud, not Bryce Young 😜
You're right overall, although there are other coaching issues I question. For instance going back to pads in practice seems like a bad decision a college coach might try.

Between the draft and FA there's really no excuse for defense not to be fixed next year. And I expect some important fixes to the offense too (replacing Swift, who is completely unreliable). This was always gonna be a bad year and whoever started the "wildcard or bust" shyt hurt the team IMO. Expectations were for improvement, like 6-8 wins. Beat bad teams, win a game you aren't supposed to win, show improvement. Offense clearly improved. Some of the rookies (Hutch, Paschal, Joseph, Rodrigo) look promising. But it looks like 6 wins isn't happening and they may not even get half of that.

I don't want an OSU QB. Doesn't look like their system translates to the NFL.