Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Goffs limitations on display last two drives. Weak arm and no mobility. They have to draft a QB next year

We could’ve had Justin fukking Fields, breh.
:snoop:

Our backfield is absolute trash. They get burnt on a regular basis. I’m done watching these bums for the season. Fire the garbage ass coach and DC. I’m sick of this shyt.
:mjcry:

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
I never understood on Hard Knocks why they were saying Anzalone was the only LB whose job was secure. Dude is cheeks and always out of position or like you said, behind the play.

I want no parts of an osu quarterback. They all look godly in college playing on loaded teams and none of them have come close to panning out in the NFL.

Buddy is ass. I was wondering the SAME thing when I was watching Hard Knocks and heard them say that shyt. Nikkas were talking like dude is AJ Hawk or something. He may look like him, but he damn sure doesn’t play like him. Don’t get me started on how they were hyping up “Rodrigo”.

The only truly good LB we’ve had in the last 15 years was Deandre Levy. He was a dawg. Loved that dude.

Lions are and will always be trash, breh. It’s a curse. I expect nothing of them until that curse is broken.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Our backfield is absolute trash. They get burnt on a regular basis. I’m done watching these bums for the season. Fire the garbage ass coach and DC. I’m sick of this shyt.
Fields :scust:
Sewell was right pick. Worst damn QB in NFL. Bears don’t do him any favors but he’s terrible

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Fields :scust:
Sewell was right pick. Worst damn QB in NFL. Bears don’t do him any favors but he’s terrible

He gone be alright. Justin is still very young. Get him a weapon and it’s over. I won’t count him out until after a few more seasons.

I like Sewell. You’re right about that. He was our best choice for that draft. He’s a great lineman, but he’s protecting a straight up trash ass bum. Goff is a #1 Pick fukking bust, flat out. The fact that he went to a Super Bowl is irrelevant.

“Same Ole Lions”. Stafford leaves this sorry ass franchise and wins a Super Bowl the very next season. You can’t make this shyt up.
:martin:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
t3_ybs7cv

This is so true :russ:
Mr Pad level meets knee caps and grit

Almost want them to lose out so Holmes gets chance to pick his own coach sooner

eastside313

Superstar
Daps

U gonna have to
Use a better example of who they coulda had. They coulda had Micah parsons to hell with fields.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
U gonna have to
Use a better example of who they coulda had. They coulda had Micah parsons to hell with fields.

It took Dan Quinn having the vision to move him from LB to bring a pass rusher, I don’t see any of that from Aaron Glenn. But, if Hutch isn’t on that level next season it’s time for a further discussion

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How can you make that argument as if the Lions weren't missing their top two receivers today, their top RB, and their starting guard? Same last week, with Brown missing snaps. The offense is depleted by injuries. "This is the real Goff" but the Goff who had all his receivers and Swift was a mirage? Come on fam, this isn't a fair assessment on any level.

Speaking of injuries is it really that surprising that it suddenly looked better the minute Cominsky and Paschal came back. The season is effectively over, this team may get to 3 wins thanks to the Bears but that's about it. But we cannot ignore that injuries have robbed us of a lot of honest assessments of this team and its future. And, frankly, it's coach.

How the team performs under adversity and with guys our, is exactly what you assess the head coach with. Are the Jets making excuses for Breece Hall tearing his ACL, or are they enjoying another win?

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
It took Dan Quinn having the vision to move him from LB to bring a pass rusher, I don’t see any of that from Aaron Glenn. But, if Hutch isn’t on that level next season it’s time for a further discussion
If parsons played on the edge in college he woulda been the a top 3 pick easily

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Hutch looked good yesterday and is being used correctly, finally. Not to mention Paschal and Cominsky clearly helped create pressure and free up Hutch more.

Speaking of Paschal he looked really good yesterday. I can't wait to see how this looks when Charles Harris comes back, hopefully next game.

If the team doesn't show any improvement next season, whether we have a rookie QB or not, I'd be fine with firing Campbell after the Thanksgiving game. I believe in the direction they're trying to go in but clearly hiring a meathead wasn't a good idea. This team constantly takes steps forward and backward at the same time. Earlier this season it was having a great offense and a historically bad defense. Beyond that it's having a terrible HC and a good GM, who wasn't even allowed to pick his own coach. The dead cap money gets easier next year, I expect FA spending and another good draft. If that doesn't turn this around it's on Campbell.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Campbell don’t fukk with Goff. He has thrown him under the bus multiple times this year

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Why the hell did they restructure Vaitai contract twice? He’s a fukking RG on a 50 million dollar deal with a bad back, while we’re running out nothing on defense. If Jameson Williams isn’t a legitimate star, I don’t see Holmes recovering. It’s like they’re chasing after their tail

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Hutch looked good yesterday and is being used correctly, finally. Not to mention Paschal and Cominsky clearly helped create pressure and free up Hutch more.

Speaking of Paschal he looked really good yesterday. I can't wait to see how this looks when Charles Harris comes back, hopefully next game.

If the team doesn't show any improvement next season, whether we have a rookie QB or not, I'd be fine with firing Campbell after the Thanksgiving game. I believe in the direction they're trying to go in but clearly hiring a meathead wasn't a good idea. This team constantly takes steps forward and backward at the same time. Earlier this season it was having a great offense and a historically bad defense. Beyond that it's having a terrible HC and a good GM, who wasn't even allowed to pick his own coach. The dead cap money gets easier next year, I expect FA spending and another good draft. If that doesn't turn this around it's on Campbell.
They really need to cut bait with Campbell after this season draft your qb and he’s coming into a coaching team that’ll be here for the next few years atleast. Don’t wanna put your rookie in a Justin Fields type situation. Gotta learn a new offense in your first 2 years.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Why the hell did they restructure Vaitai contract twice? He’s a fukking RG on a 50 million dollar deal with a bad back, while we’re running out nothing on defense. If Jameson Williams isn’t a legitimate star, I don’t see Holmes recovering. It’s like they’re chasing after their tail

Their saving grace/shot is going to be free agency and the draft next year. If they can't fix the defense and secure a QB it's over for one of them at least (Campbell). I'm a firm Brad Holmes supporter despite some mistakes. His biggest mistake might be his longest play, which is him believing in Goff. I'd expect Goff to get back to being good when his best pieces return soon but that probably doesn't save him. There's literally no point in not picking a QB if we end up with a top 3 pick.

In my eyes...

DL: replace Levi, add another DE
LB: two starters alongside Rodrigo
Secondary: starting CB alongside Okudah, possibly another safety while Tracy Walker heals

WR: add a WR4 or WR5 simply to ensure Tom Kennedy isn't playing games for us
TE: let Hock walk, add a young vet in FA
OL: depth
RB: 2nd or 3rd round pick. Swift is unreliable

That's like ten players, not even counting QB. Between FA and the draft it's certainly doable.