Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
322abc7cc347ad22f6e316a524ad755f7a6794f8.jpeg

Looking at 2-10 or 1-11

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Of course the cowboys 2nd rd pass rusher picked after the lions out there wreaking havoc. :heh:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Shroud vs Young Sweepstakes. Whose worst than lions right now?

6pt last two games. Kinda assumed that top offense first 4 weeks was flukey

A QB that needs everything perfect around him to be effective is not worth $30 mill a year. This is the real Goff

Pascal and Joseph look good. Not a surprise Cominsky and Pascal back and suddenly Hutch looks promising again. I’m confident in Holmes ability to find talent. Elliots has been a solid pick up

Anzalone is worst lb in NFL. He can’t cover anyone. Always behind the play. Don’t understand why Board or Barnes don’t get his snaps. Linebacker has to be top priority in offseason.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

A QB that needs everything perfect around him to be effective is not worth $30 mill a year. This is the real Goff

Pascal and Joseph look good. Not a surprise Cominsky and Pascal back and suddenly Hutch looks promising again. I’m confident in Holmes ability to find talent. Elliots has been a solid pick up

Anzalone is worst lb in NFL. He can’t cover anyone. Always behind the play. Don’t understand why Board or Barnes don’t get his snaps. Linebacker has to be top priority in offseason.
I never understood on Hard Knocks why they were saying Anzalone was the only LB whose job was secure. Dude is cheeks and always out of position or like you said, behind the play.

I want no parts of an osu quarterback. They all look godly in college playing on loaded teams and none of them have come close to panning out in the NFL.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I never understood on Hard Knocks why they were saying Anzalone was the only LB whose job was secure. Dude is cheeks and always out of position or like you said, behind the play.

I want no parts of an osu quarterback. They all look godly in college playing on loaded teams and none of them have come close to panning out in the NFL.
I get the OSU QB skepticism. But Mahomes at Texas Tech, Herbert at Oregon were viewed as system guys too with tools. Pick QB with highest ceiling. Shroud such a clean prospect. No glaring weaknesses in his game like Youngs lack of size.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

How can you make that argument as if the Lions weren't missing their top two receivers today, their top RB, and their starting guard? Same last week, with Brown missing snaps. The offense is depleted by injuries. "This is the real Goff" but the Goff who had all his receivers and Swift was a mirage? Come on fam, this isn't a fair assessment on any level.

Speaking of injuries is it really that surprising that it suddenly looked better the minute Cominsky and Paschal came back. The season is effectively over, this team may get to 3 wins thanks to the Bears but that's about it. But we cannot ignore that injuries have robbed us of a lot of honest assessments of this team and its future. And, frankly, it's coach.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
How can you make that argument as if the Lions weren't missing their top two receivers today, their top RB, and their starting guard? Same last week, with Brown missing snaps. The offense is depleted by injuries. "This is the real Goff" but the Goff who had all his receivers and Swift was a mirage? Come on fam, this isn't a fair assessment on any level.

Speaking of injuries is it really that surprising that it suddenly looked better the minute Cominsky and Paschal came back. The season is effectively over, this team may get to 3 wins thanks to the Bears but that's about it. But we cannot ignore that injuries have robbed us of a lot of honest assessments of this team and its future. And, frankly, it's coach.
Lions were not capable of sustaining that kind of offensive success long term with Goff at QB. Fringe top 10 offense if everyones healthy. Goff threw multiple picks that had nothing to do with his supporting cast. Weak arm, bad reads, no pocket presence. He is incapable of elevating others. There is a reason Rams gave so much to swap Goff for Stafford. Lions score one TD and hold on to ball and they probably win this game

Injuries will always happen. Swift and Brown are our best offensive weapons but they are smaller guys who may always be banged up. Everything should not have to be perfect for your $30 million dollar a year QB to be good. That Goff money can fix the defense

eastside313

Superstar
Daps

But a few weeks ago it was the lions can plug anybody in. Ben Johnson is wonderful and Goff is making players better.

Injuries ain’t no excuse. Plenty of teams dealing with more injuries than the lions and they not going out there and embarrassing themselves.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
injuries is a joke, cowboys were winning with a backup qb, browns out there playing tough with a backup qb, carolina panthers playing their third string qb , backup rbs

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
There honestly isn’t a reason to rush anyone back anymore. Let Swift, Jamo, Amon Ra just sit out until their 100%
Agreed. Season is over. While I think we should beat Chicago, and Green Bay looks venerable this team could very easily enter Thanksgiving 1-9, get blown out on national television and fall to 1-10. I've said before that I'd take Will Anderson over a QB but if we end up with the first pick I really don't see how you pass up Bryce Young.
:manny: