Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I didn’t say who ziggy played with. I said you hated him and called him a bust from day one. True or false? Ziggy was a good player that couldn’t stay healthy. Now Goldilocks out there over running every play but it’s fine.

I ain’t make no excuse for Glenn i spoke a fact. This team don’t have no defensive talent. Y’all was lathering up on the offense all of season and not caring about the defense. When one of us was saying hey what about the defense. Now look
At cha.

The real culprit here is the man shoppin for them groceries. It’s early in his tenure but that first draft is looking real lion like.
He was a bust. :yeshrug:

In fairness to that bust, that whole draft was awful at the top and he was the best of the bunch.

I like Goldilocks as a nickname.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Hutch will be fine. He looks real awkward out there over running QBs but he'll figure it out. He's getting pressure on QBs, getting hits, has had some nice run tackles. The problem is he's getting double teamed and we don't have much else besides him and Alim on the d-line. I also agree with @Regular_P that he's out of position. Let the rookie stand up and rush more. Put Harris on the other side.

The idea that we should have taken Sauce or Jordan Davis over Hutch is laughable. It was the obvious pick, and we made it. A better argument would be that we could have traded up and gotten Davis instead of Jameson Williams, who seems kind of like overkill given how great the offense is right now. But then again...I remain 100% comfortable with what we did. Chark signed a one year deal, he's probably not gonna be here next season. Jameson takes over as the WR1 and the offense only gets better, assuming Swift isn't a corpse by then. Back to Hutch...once he has actual NFL talent around him he'll be fine. Great even. We clearly need to draft another edge rusher next year and get another DT to start alongside Alim (assuming Levi is finished). Paschal could be great too, I have high hopes. But once that d-line rotation is where it needs to be I really think Hutch will flash hard.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I know one thing if the mention Goff played with Reynolds on the rams one more time imma kick somebody in the nuts.

They approaching stafford and kershaw territory.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
St Brown is practicing today, sounds like he will play.

Going into the bye 1-4 would be depressing as fukk to me. Not gonna say this is a "must win" for Campbell since it's a rebuild but man...if a third string rookie starts at QB for the Pats? This needs to be a win.

2-3 into the bye, get healthy and then stack some wins against bad teams (Bears, Jets, Panthers etc). Even a slight defensive improvement (scheme, players getting healthy etc) should get this team to 6-8 wins which is enough for me. Then next year you got two 1st round picks that HAVE to become starters. You got money for free agency (linebacker?). And Jameson Williams will be healthy. I'm not happy about last week but everything is still in place for next season to be the coming out party.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
My god, did Smith snap his own neck? I've never seen this for a non-contact leg injury before. :dwillhuh:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Jack Jones was a 4th rounder this year in a draft Brad Holmes saw enough of our holes filled that he traded 32,34,66 and took injured players in round 1&2. Holmes drafting is the most responsible for the state of the defense.