Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
How much adjusting he gonna do when he adjusting subpar players. And the Seahawks are allowed to adjust also as they did on the 2nd td run. They showed the same formation but called a trap play with pulling lineman the 2nd time.

the team had a terrible defense last year. You scream offense offense offense all off season. Then the defense is terrible again and you say fire the coordinator.

You cannot fix the entire team in two years.

Sounds crazy to say but geno smith played an excellent game.
Breh, Seattle didn't punt a single time today. Again, they aren't the '98 Vikings out there.

The defense was constantly out of position and Glenn was calling all the wrong plays. They didn't hold the edge a single time today and I lost count on how many times Seattle called a misdirection type play and the entire defense rolled with the fake.

They had practice squad guards and still rolled offensively. Nobody expected them to score 45 and have over 500 yards of offense.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
We do need a young QB but Goff is playing good, and I think we can win with him, but if he doesn't get no help on defense , what's the point. We need to get better on defense. I don't think we need to get that young QB yet we gotta start drafting Game changing defensive players bro!
Goff's only 27. :manny:

He's not perfect but they have the best offense in the league through four games.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Goff is a good qb when he has an great running game and we have that. All the focus needs to be on defense

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
walkers absence was apparent. He made alot of the calls defensively.

Lions have #1 offense in NFL. Goff has been more than serviceable this year. Offense going to be crazy all year especially when they get Jackson back and Jamo is ready to go

Just don’t see a quick fix for defense though. Lost Walker. No pass rush. Seahawks exploited Lions slow ass linebackers.

FA and draft has to be all defense. If we’re near top 5 in draft, do everything possible to get in position to draft Will Anderson

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Holmes and Campbell got lengthy deals for a reason . The roster is jacked up and it’ll take time to clean it up .

Even with this trash roster it’s not like the Lions will have a ton of cap space to go get a guy like Roquan Smith or secondary help.

It’s all going to be draft,development and pray ..which will take time.

But you have to make sure you have the staff that can develop talent …and I’m not sure Glenn is that guy

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I thought the 2020 Lions had the worst LB I’ve ever seen and one of the worst overall defenses ever but is this defense worst?

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
With having a top 10 paid LT and the highest paid C, being a year away from a decision on Hock and 2 years from big extensions with St Brown & Sewell, that’s really lopsided with the resources on the offensive side of the ball. That makes it even more imperative that Brad Holmes hits with defensive draft picks. I don’t know if the cap room will be there to get a star in FA like Quinn tried and failed with flowers

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
With having a top 10 paid LT and the highest paid C, being a year away from a decision on Hock and 2 years from big extensions with St Brown & Sewell, that’s really lopsided with the resources on the offensive side of the ball. That makes it even more imperative that Brad Holmes hits with defensive draft picks. I don’t know if the cap room will be there to get a star in FA like Quinn tried and failed with flowers
Cap can be manipulated and wouldn’t be surprised if they moved Decker at some point. Sewell might already be best RT in football already at 22. His future should be at LT. Owuriyae extension is getting less and less every week. And guys like Vatai, Okwara, Brockers can all be taken off books. TE isn’t premium position. Hock won’t break bank compared to what he’s already making from being drafted that high

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Man even tho they lost, theres no quit in the Lions! They get them some defense and they'll take off.

It's like NO lead is safe from them. Must be fun to watch. Reminds me of my Jaguars our 1st few years. The defense was ass but that offense....man we were never out of a game. Yall should have too much I fir every team in your division except maybe the Vikings.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Cap can be manipulated and wouldn’t be surprised if they moved Decker at some point. Sewell might already be best RT in football already at 22. His future should be at LT. Owuriyae extension is getting less and less every week. And guys like Vatai, Okwara, Brockers can all be taken off books. TE isn’t premium position. Hock won’t break bank compared to what he’s already making from being drafted that high
Yeah, the cap can always be worked around. Considering how dominant the line has been with practice squad guards, I wouldn't be shocked if they pay Sewell and one other guy good money, then fill in the gaps everywhere else. Fraley might be able to make due with anybody out there. Even last year with all the injuries, the line was solid.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Defense is terrible but missing so many pieces it's hard for me to call for Glen to be fired. We're even missing guys we brought in (Cominsky) to replace the guys who were missing early (Levi, Paschal, etc). It's a disaster and I'm not sure when those guys will be ready. I think this scheme would work with another pass rusher and edge setter. That was supposed to be Romeo Okwara and Josh Paschal...

If the Patriots put up 40 on this defense with a rookie QB nobody heard of until last weekend then yea maybe it's time to move on. But I don't see that happening and all we can do is hold out until the bye and get some guys back.

At this point fellas it looks like Goff is the QB, like it or not. Outside of one throw he was damn good yesterday without his best weapons. Which tells me that next year we're gonna spend those two 1st round picks on defense and get this thing fixed.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Levi back must be fukked. Just put him on IR for year and let him recover if possible. Looking like career ender situation

Still no news on R. Okwara or Jamo

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Defense is terrible but missing so many pieces it's hard for me to call for Glen to be fired. We're even missing guys we brought in (Cominsky) to replace the guys who were missing early (Levi, Paschal, etc). It's a disaster and I'm not sure when those guys will be ready. I think this scheme would work with another pass rusher and edge setter. That was supposed to be Romeo Okwara and Josh Paschal...

If the Patriots put up 40 on this defense with a rookie QB nobody heard of until last weekend then yea maybe it's time to move on. But I don't see that happening and all we can do is hold out until the bye and get some guys back.

At this point fellas it looks like Goff is the QB, like it or not. Outside of one throw he was damn good yesterday without his best weapons. Which tells me that next year we're gonna spend those two 1st round picks on defense and get this thing fixed.
I could see a 49ers situation with Goff if lions are bad enough. If Young or stroud are evaluated as elite QB prospects it would be hard to pass honestly. Can’t deny when you see Mahomes, Jackdon, Allen, Herbert level qbs just do shyt Goff couldn’t dream of. Not to mention he makes $30 million a year. So wouldn’t rule it out