Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I could see a 49ers situation with Goff if lions are bad enough. If Young or stroud are evaluated as elite QB prospects it would be hard to pass honestly. Can’t deny when you see Mahomes, Jackdon, Allen, Herbert level qbs just do shyt Goff couldn’t dream of. Not to mention he makes $30 million a year. So wouldn’t rule it out

True. Despite how bad things look right now I'm not sure we'll be bad enough for a top 5 pick. If any of those guys falls to us then yes I would take them.

I think Levi's career is over but they're too afraid to admit it. Going from "I'm 100% healthy this year" to getting injured the first day of pads to the slow decline in progress since then...back injuries are hard. If this ends up going the way I think it's the first big L for Holmes. You can't just draft guys because you didn't think they'd be there. Most people assumed he would be a third round pick.

Paschal being back soon is great news. I assume he'll play after the bye week.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Defense is terrible but missing so many pieces it's hard for me to call for Glen to be fired. We're even missing guys we brought in (Cominsky) to replace the guys who were missing early (Levi, Paschal, etc). It's a disaster and I'm not sure when those guys will be ready. I think this scheme would work with another pass rusher and edge setter. That was supposed to be Romeo Okwara and Josh Paschal...

If the Patriots put up 40 on this defense with a rookie QB nobody heard of until last weekend then yea maybe it's time to move on. But I don't see that happening and all we can do is hold out until the bye and get some guys back.

At this point fellas it looks like Goff is the QB, like it or not. Outside of one throw he was damn good yesterday without his best weapons. Which tells me that next year we're gonna spend those two 1st round picks on defense and get this thing fixed.
If Goff keeps this kind of play up then he's the least of the teams worries. This defense is historically bad and it's clear it's both a talent and scheme issue. I'm not saying they gotta fire Glen now, but players will need to be able to show some kind of development to give a reason for him sticking around beyond this season. When the opposition played like they know exactly what you were calling, then they come out and say it as well after the game then there's clearly an issue there.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If Goff keeps this kind of play up then he's the least of the teams worries. This defense is historically bad and it's clear it's both a talent and scheme issue. I'm not saying they gotta fire Glen now, but players will need to be able to show some kind of development to give a reason for him sticking around beyond this season. When the opposition played like they know exactly what you were calling, then they come out and say it as well after the game then there's clearly an issue there.
If Bailey Zappe and this garbage ass Pats team torches them on Sunday, I don't wanna hear any excuses for Glenn.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If Bailey Zappe and this garbage ass Pats team torches them on Sunday, I don't wanna hear any excuses for Glenn.
I support Glen but will have no excuses or defenses if that happens. Plus it'll be right at the bye, perfect time for a change. Hope it doesn't happen but man...

I can see how this can work. But without another pass rusher to free up Hutch (Romeo) and an edge setter (Paschal) it just looks bad. Which means you gotta do something to compensate until your guys get back.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I support Glen but will have no excuses or defenses if that happens. Plus it'll be right at the bye, perfect time for a change. Hope it doesn't happen but man...

I can see how this can work. But without another pass rusher to free up Hutch (Romeo) and an edge setter (Paschal) it just looks bad. Which means you gotta do something to compensate until your guys get back.
Yeah, you can't just say "I don't have my guys" and be content with playing at a historically bad level. His ass gotta get creative and try something different than the same ol shyt every time that the league has clearly figured out.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
pure spartan bias right there, thats it.
I see it from both ways. I always take what Valenti says with a grain of salt. He knows his football, but also has to generate listeners so he'll always throw a little bit more sauce on whatever he's talking about. So I think he's putting a little extra on his views of Hutchinson, but there is some truth in his observation. Hutch is going to take a little longer to become a consistent impact player on the edge. He is probably gonna have to get stronger and maybe add a little weight to him since he's not extremely twitchy. He doesn't have jump off the screen quickness off the line and he's not just gonna over power guys either. I like his relentlessness though. I can see there's talent there. He's just not that Myles Garrett "I'm gonna out athlete the fukk out of you" type.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I see it from both ways. I always take what Valenti says with a grain of salt. He knows his football, but also has to generate listeners so he'll always throw a little bit more sauce on whatever he's talking about. So I think he's putting a little extra on his views of Hutchinson, but there is some truth in his observation. Hutch is going to take a little longer to become a consistent impact player on the edge. He is probably gonna have to get stronger and maybe add a little weight to him since he's not extremely twitchy. He doesn't have jump off the screen quickness off the line and he's not just gonna over power guys either. I like his relentlessness though. I can see there's talent there. He's just not that Myles Garrett "I'm gonna out athlete the fukk out of you" type.
Yeah, i don't use that term loosely with Valenti because its so easy to apply but he's been ready to call him a bust since before the draft lol

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Crazy that fans are actually going at Hutch already. Woodward sports was saying the same shyt

Lions fans in general have always been bozos. It wasn't just Valenti saying some ridiculous shyt. There were fans calling in too.

Hutch has been fine. The biggest thing I've seen is him being out of position, which I'm putting on Glenn right now since the entire defense seems to be out of position at all times.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Lions fans in general have always been bozos. It wasn't just Valenti saying some ridiculous shyt. There were fans calling in too.

Hutch has been fine. The biggest thing I've seen is him being out of position, which I'm putting on Glenn right now since the entire defense seems to be out of position at all times.
So everything is Glenn fault.

I remember when ziggy ansah was actually out there producing and you hated him and called him a bust from day one. Now hutch out there just getting cardio and he doing fine. :hubie:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
So everything is Glenn fault.

I remember when ziggy ansah was actually out there producing and you hated him and called him a bust from day one. Now hutch out there just getting cardio and he doing fine. :hubie:
Ziggy played on a line with Suh and Fairley, with Tulloch, Levy and Quin behind them. You were just saying yesterday this defense has no talent to excuse Glenn. :hubie:

Ziggy also had three sacks through the first 11 weeks of the season. :patrice:

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Glenn catching hell from everywhere this week :wow:

Hope he doesn't have to take the fall for this little giants defense they got him working with

DC said he safe but if they get lit up next week by a Matt Patricia offense I don't see how they let him stay

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Ziggy played on a line with Suh and Fairley, with Tulloch, Levy and Quin behind them. You were just saying yesterday this defense has no talent to excuse Glenn. :hubie:

Ziggy also had three sacks through the first 11 weeks of the season. :patrice:
I didn’t say who ziggy played with. I said you hated him and called him a bust from day one. True or false? Ziggy was a good player that couldn’t stay healthy. Now Goldilocks out there over running every play but it’s fine.

I ain’t make no excuse for Glenn i spoke a fact. This team don’t have no defensive talent. Y’all was lathering up on the offense all of season and not caring about the defense. When one of us was saying hey what about the defense. Now look
At cha.

The real culprit here is the man shoppin for them groceries. It’s early in his tenure but that first draft is looking real lion like.