Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Holmes has hit on multiple late round draft picks (Alim, St Brown, Rodrigo). Deeming him a draft failure is insane. The only pick I'm 100% concerned about is Levi. I'm not convinced he plays 5 more games in his career. Last year he had a back injury and played through the pain despite barely being able to sit in a chair. This year he came back 100% healthy and in shape but injured his back again on the first day in pads. Followed by the weird messaging from Campbell on his progress - he's doing well, he's doing well....and then nevermind he has a setback and won't be playing anytime soon. I think he's done.

Barnes is a disappointment but can still become a decent depth player. So far Brad's picks are a mix of elite (Sewell), great (Alim, St Brown, Hutch), disappointing (Barnes, Levi) or wait and see (everyone else, largely due to injury). That's a better two year record than any recent Lions GM.

All that being said next draft we clearly need an RB and then a heavy focus on defense again.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
At home against the 1-2 Seahawks looks like a loss?

Bad drafting? It’s only been two drafts. Can’t predict injuries. Need to see Pascal and Levi fail on field before labeled bust. Melifunwu was hurt last year too and converted to safety this year. Kirby a rookie. Barnes been the only true disappointment because he’s played and is just not good. But found gems in Rodrigo.

With Swift and St Brown out, a close game coming down to which QB takes care of the football and which coach makes better decisions in crunch time doesn’t work out too well in our favor here. Our advantage in the trenches is neutralized by a slow 20 carry/80 yard back. If Geno DOESNT complete 70% of his passes Sunday I’ll come apologize.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I hope this is the last year we have to watch 34 and he’ll fade away from our memories

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
This defense is absolute trash. They got this Seattle offense looking like the Chiefs.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If we can’t begin the second half with a lead we’re fukked. I think we’re gonna be back and forth in a shoot out and without a lead our pass rush may struggle.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I know Jamaal's a heart and soul guy for the team and locker room but Craig Reynolds is a better back and needs to get the bulk of the carries today. He clearly has another gear that Williams doesn't have.