Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Yall tripping on Swift and Hock. You don’t let talented players walk. Lions building one of the most dynamic offenses in league and y’all trying to let solid pieces walk to maybe find someone as good

Hock was in pro bowl two years ago. He’s a quality TE. He made clutch catch last week in WSH to help seal win, TD today. Yall still harping on him because he got drafted so high. He’s not Kelce or Andrews but he’s solid TE that would start for majority of league. A mid rd TE gets you Irv Smith or Noah Fant

Swift is special back just not a workhorse

Neither should break bank. TE/RB aren’t premium positions

Amani Owueriya is the real player that should be questioned about getting new contract
Probowls are not necessarily indicative of a players talent. Sometimes it's circumstances that get a player there. I don't care about where he was drafted, I actually watch games and he's not a special talent at the position. The TD he caught today was because of scheme, not because of him winning against the defense. Brock Wright is an undrafted te that had just as many clutch catches and yards as hockenson last game. You don't pay top 5 money for a middle of the road te.

Now regarding Swift I agree. He's a special talent and I don't think anyone disagrees with that. But everyone also sees how he's very injury prone, even when he is splitting carries. So I can understand the call for bringing in yet another back that may be more explosive than Williams

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
So?
Jeffersons in contention for best WR in NFL. Best WRs can beat a double. Okudah did his job :yeshrug:
Not saying he didn’t do his job. #1 corners don’t get help all game. They had a triangle around that man on some plays. Safety over the top and linebacker/safety inside. But the term shut down is when a corner is on an island like old boy that kept getting the penalties.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

We're reaching a level of unsustainability with these injuries. Walker going out clearly hurt the secondary yesterday and we don't have a solid replacement. I'd feel a lot better if we had finished that game, but right now I'm really starting to think this year will be a disaster. The team has clearly improved but we can't get any position group on the field at a decent healthy level.

I agree that we can't just let Swift walk btw, I'm just saying we need to draft another RB because he is clearly not reliable enough to be a clear #1 RB.

I'd let Hock go. We can sign a vet TE next season who puts up similar numbers, while hoping the rookie they drafted is good enough.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

We're reaching a level of unsustainability with these injuries. Walker going out clearly hurt the secondary yesterday and we don't have a solid replacement. I'd feel a lot better if we had finished that game, but right now I'm really starting to think this year will be a disaster. The team has clearly improved but we can't get any position group on the field at a decent healthy level.

I agree that we can't just let Swift walk btw, I'm just saying we need to draft another RB because he is clearly not reliable enough to be a clear #1 RB.

I'd let Hock go. We can sign a vet TE next season who puts up similar numbers, while hoping the rookie they drafted is good enough.

Year 2 of rebuild :yeshrug:

Thought 7-10 going in

Only reason i have a sliver of hope is because NFC North is such a weak division

We drafted Kirby and Melifunwu last two drafts. One of them needs to step into Walkers role

Hopefully after bye we get Williams, Pascal, Owzerike, Okwara, Cominsky back

No reason we dont beat Seattle at home. Pats without Jones and Dallas without Dak

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Year 2 of rebuild :yeshrug:

Thought 7-10 going in

Only reason i have a sliver of hope is because NFC North is such a weak division

We drafted Kirby and Melifunwu last two drafts. One of them needs to step into Walkers role

Hopefully after bye we get Williams, Pascal, Owzerike, Okwara, Cominsky back

No reason we dont beat Seattle at home. Pats without Jones and Dallas without Dak
True. I just feel bummed knowing that even if we had a decent level of health this team could win 7-9 games this year. But now, who knows.

Melifunwu got moved to CB and didn't take any S snaps this preseason or in camp. Kirby def has to step up and show us something though.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Same shoulder he had at Georgia. They lose nothing if they give jackson some run until the bye week. He’s the only back with some sort of burst

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You’d have to be out your mind to bet us -6 even against Seattle. You can say 5 of our 6 most important players are hurt.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Shoulder again. :snoop:

They have to take another RB in the second or third round this year. This guy's never gonna stay healthy.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Sunday is looking like a loss to me. The real culprit is bad defensive drafting by Holmes. I’ll be damned if any of you tell me to wait on year 3 for Ife or Levi lol. It’s over for them. I’m going to have to be shown by Kerby.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sunday is looking like a loss to me. The real culprit is bad defensive drafting by Holmes. I’ll be damned if any of you tell me to wait on year 3 for Ife or Levi lol. It’s over for them. I’m going to have to be shown by Kerby.

I don't know what to tell you. The team looks a lot better than they were last year. I feel like the defense can be the reason we win games this year even though the stats don't say so.

Also, this is year 2 for holmes. What is the success rate for drafting in this league? If you go by this, NFL Draft Pick Bust Rate Remains Very High holmes has done an amazing job by finding players that play.

I guess the better questions are, who drafted defense the best in this league in the last 2 years and how many hits did they have?

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
At home against the 1-2 Seahawks looks like a loss?

Bad drafting? It’s only been two drafts. Can’t predict injuries. Need to see Pascal and Levi fail on field before labeled bust. Melifunwu was hurt last year too and converted to safety this year. Kirby a rookie. Barnes been the only true disappointment because he’s played and is just not good. But found gems in Rodrigo.