Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Is Corum gonna enter the draft? I don't see his name on the draft boards but he'd be a godly fit behind this line and probably going mid-round at the moment.

I’d look at Corum in Round 2. It would be good for both Michigan today and his draft value if he ran more routes

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I predicted 1-2 through first three games so not necessarily disappointed especially with so many injuries everywhere. But no excuse to lose the Seattle or New England games before bye

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I’d look at Corum in Round 2. It would be good for both Michigan today and his draft value if he ran more routes
With two 1st round picks next draft it wouldn't bother me at all to take an RB in the 2nd-4th round and I think it's inevitable at this point. I don't know what it is but we can't get a young RB who can play consistently and remain healthy. Jahvid Best, LeShore, Abdullah, Kerryon Johnson...

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Swift always reminded me of Kamara. Lions just need their Ingram. Don’t need a high pick to find another RB. Williams definitely lost a step, no burst but similar players are easily found in FA

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Swift always reminded me of Kamara. Lions just need their Ingram. Don’t need a high pick to find another RB. Williams definitely lost a step, no burst but similar players are easily found in FA
Kamara wasn't hurt as much as Swift. This guy has been on the injury report since his first game.

Last edited:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I saw Duce Staley more or less call him p*ssy for not playing through it, so I don’t know about Swift after this season. I feel like he and Hock still have to earn extensions.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I saw Duce Staley more or less call him p*ssy for not playing through it, so I don’t know about Swift after this season. I feel like he and Hock still have to earn extensions.
I wouldn't bring Hock back unless it's vet minimum money. He adds nothing to the offense.

A tight end making money needs to be a physical mismatch who can go up and get anything, a beast that can't be taken down by one guy or someone with jets who needs to be covered by a corner. If you can't do those things, you better be an incredible blocker.

Hock is none of those things. There's never a moment when you're thinking to yourself, "Hock is gonna break this" or "just throw it to Hock, he'll catch anything."

Just find an athlete in the middle rounds of the draft or sign one.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn't bring Hock back unless it's vet minimum money. He adds nothing to the offense.

A tight end making money needs to be a physical mismatch who can go up and get anything, a beast that can't be taken down by one guy or someone with jets who needs to be covered by a corner. If you can't do those things, you better be an incredible blocker.

Hock is none of those things. There's never a moment when you're thinking to yourself, "Hock is gonna break this" or "just throw it to Hock, he'll catch anything."

Just find an athlete in the middle rounds of the draft or sign one.
He wins nothing. He peaked as a Lion in the first game he ever played. It's been all downhill since. They better not pay this man. He's the TE version of Raiola.

Last edited:

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Campbell should’ve went for it .

The reality is though with St.Brown and Swift banged up there isn’t a guy you trust to win in that situation…Which is why I agree with the hock slander . If he was Kittie,Kelce,Waller or Andrews they’d tell him to run an option route and win in that situation ….he ain’t that and never will .

Also they gotta be one of the last teams out here that don’t have a QB that can put pressure on a D with their legs. They playing 80s ball out there .

Trusting siebert in that situation is hilariously bad

Campbell needs a Wade Phillips type to be his whisperer but he surrounded himself with guys like him

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Yall tripping on Swift and Hock. You don’t let talented players walk. Lions building one of the most dynamic offenses in league and y’all trying to let solid pieces walk to maybe find someone as good

Hock was in pro bowl two years ago. He’s a quality TE. He made clutch catch last week in WSH to help seal win, TD today. Yall still harping on him because he got drafted so high. He’s not Kelce or Andrews but he’s solid TE that would start for majority of league. A mid rd TE gets you Irv Smith or Noah Fant

Swift is special back just not a workhorse

Neither should break bank. TE/RB aren’t premium positions

Amani Owueriya is the real player that should be questioned about getting new contract

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Yall tripping on Swift and Hock. You don’t let talented players walk. Lions building one of the most dynamic offenses in league and y’all trying to let solid pieces walk to maybe find someone as good

Hock was in pro bowl two years ago. He’s a quality TE. He made clutch catch last week in WSH to help seal win, TD today. Yall still harping on him because he got drafted so high. He’s not Kelce or Andrews but he’s solid TE that would start for majority of league. A mid rd TE gets you Irv Smith or Noah Fant

Swift is special back just not a workhorse

Neither should break bank. TE/RB aren’t premium positions

Amani Owueriya is the real player that should be questioned about getting new contract
Ebron made a Pro Bowl too. :unimpressed:

Guess which rounds Kelce, Andrews, Kittle and Waller got drafted in. :mjgrin:

I'd keep Swift but they do need another back because he's always banged up. The offense is totally different with him in the lineup.