Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Branch in concussion protocol, LaPorta has sprained ankle. No updates on Alim or Barnes, which could be good news: if it was something like ACL or broken bones it would have been confirmed by now.

Really excited about not only the overall quality of our defense today but our depth. Anzalone was ruled out, Barnes left the game and LBs didn't miss a beat. Alim went out and our run defense remained elite. Branch went out and the secondary didn't fold. In previous years we would have fallen apart after losing some of our best players on defense. Another really good game from Levi. Marcus Davenport looked good again.

BTW on Terrion...he had the bad flag but outside of that I thought he was in phase with his man all game...when in man coverage.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Branch in concussion protocol, LaPorta has sprained ankle. No updates on Alim or Barnes, which could be good news: if it was something like ACL or broken bones it would have been confirmed by now.

Really excited about not only the overall quality of our defense today but our depth. Anzalone was ruled out, Barnes left the game and LBs didn't miss a beat. Alim went out and our run defense remained elite. Branch went out and the secondary didn't fold. In previous years we would have fallen apart after losing some of our best players on defense. Another really good game from Levi. Marcus Davenport looked good again.

BTW on Terrion...he had the bad flag but outside of that I thought he was in phase with his man all game...when in man coverage.
My goal for Terrion is awareness, if he can go a game without a PI and not get toasted is progress. It's there just don't make it a long process

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
My goal for Terrion is awareness, if he can go a game without a PI and not get toasted is progress. It's there just don't make it a long process
I don't like that he never turns his head. He's generally sticking with his guy but not turning around is gonna lead to a lot of penalties.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't like that he never turns his head. He's generally sticking with his guy but not turning around is gonna lead to a lot of penalties.

He'll figure it out. It's not like he had an issue with it at Bama, he'll get it down with more reps. Like I said he's constantly in phase so once he gets that down he will be good. Only thing that concerns me is that he's been injured in all three games. I hate the fact that these last two games, Rakestraw wasn't able to ge in to get those reps. I think Rakestraw might be more ahead than Arnold, but will need to see him on the field more.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He'll figure it out. It's not like he had an issue with it at Bama, he'll get it down with more reps. Like I said he's constantly in phase so once he gets that down he will be good. Only thing that concerns me is that he's been injured in all three games. I hate the fact that these last two games, Rakestraw wasn't able to ge in to get those reps. I think Rakestraw might be more ahead than Arnold, but will need to see him on the field more.
Last week it looked like he had a tendency to over pursue, like he would jump out his zone. He looked clean this week but it look like alot of man. He got that dawg in him you see him every time he line up :mjlol: