Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
And after all that choking they still were in position to win…

The coach didn’t help them out. He saw momentum was fading and chose not to stop it
It’s clear, you don’t watch us. His long this season is 41. He is 5-13 from beyond 50. Distance matters. We need to address this issue next year.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I’m just mad he stole an opportunity the city been waiting for for a lifetime. His players needed someone to help them obviously after they kept fukking up and his decision was to let them keep bleeding. It’s like Monty letting a team go on a 20-2 run without calling timeout
This is childish. If Reynolds catches that fourth down pass, we aren't having this discussion. If Vildor catches that pick, we aren't having this discussion. If Gibbs hangs onto the ball, we aren't having this discussion.

Saying one fourth down attempt ruined the game is insane.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The nikka kept going for 2 after the 1st one was called back against the Boyz 🤣🤣

That didn't tell y'all the story?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
It’s clear, you don’t watch us. His long this season is 41. He is 5-13 from beyond 50. Distance matters. We need to address this issue next year.
Then go for the td at the end of the first and end the niners then.

Did he and yall think the lions were going to march down for touchdowns all second half too? If you can’t trust your kicker build as big a lead up as you can

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
This is childish. If Reynolds catches that fourth down pass, we aren't having this discussion. If Vildor catches that pick, we aren't having this discussion. If Gibbs hangs onto the ball, we aren't having this discussion.

Saying one fourth down attempt ruined the game is insane.
I’ve watched a lot of bad coaching (Andy Reid nfccgs). Yes games against top seeded teams in high stakes games on the road can come down to one play or decision. This one didn’t. It came down to multiple from him. Including running on third and goal and having to waste a time out and basically force yourself to need to get the onside kick

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We have to blitz or else it's gonna be Hutch with no help. Purdy will beat it sure, but our safeties are good enough to create some negative plays as well. If Hutch can win some 1 on 1s and enough blitzes get home to create pressure, it could be interesting. I've heard your interior o-line isn't great but I dunno if that's true or not. If there's a weakness there, maybe Alim McNeill can wreck some havoc

Basically the defense needs to get off the field just enough to give our offense a shot. My fear is since we'll have a backup guard, you guys are gonna pressure the fukk out of Goff up the middle and shut down the passing game.
this happened

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Did he and yall think the lions were going to march down for touchdowns all second half too? If you can’t trust your kicker build as big a lead up as you can
You gotta be trolling.

We thought we would score at least once in the second half. We should’ve scored 2 touchdowns. Also, The niners didn’t march down the field on us for one of the scores. They were gifted 7.

If you’re being serious, it wouldn’t have hurt my feelings if he went for it on that attempt but he couldn’t predict a letdown of this size.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Holmes better have the authority to fire this big dummy. Preaching grit shyt don’t hit we make so many common sense mistakes as head coach

He's done too much to get fired, but someone should have been his ear to reel it in a bit, not his fault he was supplied with a weak kicker and Reynolds who's caught everything all season forgot how to catch.

L is on Campbell, the secondary, Reynolds, and Goff's limited arm. He missed two TD's himself.

We need an entire new secondary next year, completing half of those missed tackles and executing those missed int opportunities is ball game

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

This. U play agressive when u can afford it (up big) not when u cant afford it (close game).

Dropped 4th downs or not, this is on Campbell

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Despite Campbell terribleness and being down 27-24, I said y'all needed a Montgomery drive and he got y'all down there
and y'all went with straight passes instead 🤷🏿‍♂️

Wasted y'all best player today in Montgomery

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I’ve watched a lot of bad coaching (Andy Reid nfccgs). Yes games against top seeded teams in high stakes games on the road can come down to one play or decision. This one didn’t. It came down to multiple from him. Including running on third and goal and having to waste a time out and basically force yourself to need to get the onside kick

Def was a handful of questionable play calls that were predictable