Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
SF look suspect as hell. They couldn’t stop anything for a supposed top defense. Love regressed big time in second half. Just missing open throws. Their corners we’re getting cooked. CMC looks hobbled. Deebo may be out.

They need to come out and blast TB. Don’t think they can score enough points to beat lions. Goff just has to take care of ball. Baker has a Stafford like mentality but without the arm talent. He’ll throw a few picks with this crowd. TB too blitz happy. Lions are built to kill the blitz

Lions 35-14

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Love imploded. Packers should have won that game and looked like the more physical squad. I said it days ago but sitting your players before a first week bye can be a curse. Niners were sloppy and looked out of order. I'd imagine they'll be back to being legit next week which sucks for whoever plays them. That being said if I'm Ben Johnson I saw more than enough to convince me the Lions can run the ball in SF. And if I'm Aaron Glenn I saw Purdy make a looot of bad decisions under pressure.

Of course none of that matters if we don't handle our business Sunday afternoon. This is our shot, it's ours for the taking. We are the better team, we're at home, and I like our weapons more than theirs on both sides of the ball.

Also...if we do get to the AFC Championship, win or lose next weekend it's going to crystalize the offseason priorities for this team. We have 60mil in cap space, If Holmes wants to spend on a legit CB1 he can. If he wants to spend on a legit edge opposite of Hutch, he can. If he wants to let Jonah Jackson walk he can. Basically there's a lot of shyt we can do and we're entering a phase of real contending where we can plug in holes. Then there's the draft, where it's very likely that a really good CB or the 1-2 best guards will be available where we draft late in the 1st. Does that mean prioritizing pass rushers in free agency makes sense, or that we can go for a tier below CB1 in free agency? Who knows. I just know I trust Brad Holmes 100%.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
detroit-lions.gif