Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Didn’t realize how soft rest of schedule

Seahawks loss to Rams seems like a fluke. They are a good team. So not a terrible loss in hindsight. Lions were clearly the more talented team

My coworker was tripping when i said the Seahawks the 3rd best team in the NFC.

They legit to go to the NFC championship game

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Seahawks loss to Rams seems like a fluke. They are a good team. So not a terrible loss in hindsight. Lions were clearly the more talented team
They should be expecting 12 wins by the end of the season.

It wasn't a "terrible" loss but how they lost was terrible. They fukking GASHED Detroit and Geno looked like Peyton. Even Carolina made him a little uncomfortable. Low key, the Rams are decent.

At least it seems to have been a wakeup call game for the Lions because they've looked different since that embarrassing effort. :yeshrug:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Man, Devon Witherspoon looked amazing last night. I'm not mad with how things turned out, and we're prob a better team due to trading the 6th pick (and getting LaPorta, plus having the ammo to trade up for Branch). But jeez he looks great.

I agree the schedule eases up and we gotta take advantage. We should torch Carolina. It'll be our third game in a row against a questionable QB who won't be able to consistently throw against us. 3+ sacks seems likely right? Looking at the rest of the season...I'm not seeing many great QBs. Lamar can dice us. Herbert could dice us, or have multiple INTs. Outside of that I'm not really seeing anything to worry about until that Dallas game. Not saying we go undefeated from now until then, I'm just saying I can see a scenario where we're favored in all but two games between now and mid December.

And we're getting healthy.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I mean they play the entire AFC West and beat the toughest team there. From there 2 games each against NFC North teams who mostly seem inferior to them.

The Chargers are probably tougher than they seem.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I got no worries about Jamo tbh. However people want to define "easing him in" is fine. It's obvious he's gonna have some go routes so they can see how defenses shift. Whether he gets targeted or not, he's gonna free up the middle of the field. If they don't trust him on some slant routes yet...fine, whatever. Go routes, reverses, screens. Hell you could put him in the backfield and have Gibbs out wide.

Hell if we don't see this shyt at some point this season I'm gonna be pissed:

He can completely break defenses for us. That LaPorta TD pass, which was the same route they drew up for Jamo last season on his TD, tells me Ben Johnson knows how to do it. And like I said last time, I think this is the thing that opens up Gibbs.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I swear Fanatics had to be shocked i ordered an authentic Goff jersey. I ordered that jawn today. it’s coming tomorrow from Vegas. I never got nothing that fast from them. They making sure I get this bytch before Sunday. Like I can’t change my mind and send that motherfukker back lol

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

St Brown prob out. Man the injuries are just frustrating. Wait weeks to see Gibbs and Jameson on the field and...nope, Gibbs prob out now. In a game he would have probably put up wild numbers in.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

St Brown prob out. Man the injuries are just frustrating. Wait weeks to see Gibbs and Jameson on the field and...nope, Gibbs prob out now. In a game he would have probably put up wild numbers in.

I'm expecting to see a decent sized role for Jamo with St. Brown and Gibbs out. They will need his presence out there.

Even with all these guys out, they should smash Carolina. Good team to have guys out for.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Kerby, Moseley, Julian Okwara, and Vaiti all back. Decker healthy. No Amon Ra will hurt but I'd imagine LaPorta and Kalif will eat today.