Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:I love the way y'all nikkas be getting uptight over draft picks, value and rankings and all that shyt. All I GAF about at this point is if these nikkas good or not and if they gonna improve the team overall. And I'll wait until the season to see if that's the case. fukk draft grades and mock positions. Them nikkas don't know shyt until it plays out on the field. Mayock was considered some type of draft guru, until he had to do that shyt foreal and got his ass fired shortly thereafter. I'm gone chill and let this shyt play out, and see if the coaching fits the players and puts them in good positions to succeed. It's worked the first 2 years under this regime. Let's see if it continues:yeshrug:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Darnell Washington is tempting as fukk but I think we go d-line at 34. Keeanu Benton should be there.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the picks. i think when they hit the field it will be a lot of "my bad" :hubie: from the fanbase lol. I think DT/DE gets addressed, and I think they're banking on guys like Pascal and Houston taking a leap forward, and some guys like Levi being healthy.

Wouldn't mind them drafting WR or CB either

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
No point in keeping Swift around. He can't handle more than 15 touches a game without getting injured. It is what it is. :yeshrug:

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Another player that the Falcons loved was Iowa linebacker Jack Campbell. Sources said that Atlanta was interested in trading up from its second-round pick to get Campbell. Additionally, sources with the New York Giants said Campbell was in the running for their first-round pick. If he fell to late in the first round, they were planning on seeing what it would take to move up for Campbell. Multiple team evaluators have said Campbell is similar to former Carolina Panthers All-Pro linebacker Luke Kuechly. Detroit snatched up Campbell at No. 18, breaking the hearts of some of the staff with the Falcons and Giants.

Sources with NFL teams were not surprised that Alabama running back Jahmyr Gibbs went as a top-20 pick, because they viewed Gibbs as one of the few players with an elite grade in the 2023 NFL Draft. Interestingly, sources with the Jets say their team was planning on taking Gibbs with the 15th pick. They felt he was too much of a playmaker to pass on, and he would have been a tremendous receiving back for Aaron Rodgers to work with. Gibbs also is a very good pass blocker who could have helped the aging quarterback. The Jets took Breece Hall in the second round last year, but Hall is coming off a serious injury, and having a potent rushing attack with a two-headed monster would obviously have helped the Jets set up good down-and-distance situations for Rodgers. After the Lions took Gibbs with the 12th pick and the offensive linemen went off the board, the Jets felt that Will McDonald was the best value available and could help them field a dangerous edge rush group.

that Charlie Campbell dude be plugged in . Whoever they say the lions gonna pick in the second imma believe them

But like some have been saying …the mock draft stuff got ppl really confused..

And since Washington was mentioned

• On Monday, we discussed how some teams had medically flunked Georgia tight end Darnell Washington, and he was not alone, as other significant players received medical red flags. Among them is Baylor defensive tackle Siaki Ika. Ika had a shot at being a second-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, but he could slide to the mid-rounds after being flunked medically by some teams. Some franchises have some character concerns with Ika as well. While Ika is a beast against the run, he is viewed as a player who lacks a role in the sub package, so that limits his playing time significantly. Going in the third round of the 2023 NFL Draft is probably the best case scenario right now for Ika.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Levis at 34 would make me vomit, given the guys that will likely be available there.

Leaning towards keeping Swift btw. Given how weak the draft is I'm not sure the value of picking up a 6th or 7th round pick for him is more valuable than keeping him as your third back for depth. Guys get dinged up and injured, and if Montgomery or Gibbs miss a game I'd rather have Swift step up than Craig Reynolds.