Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I really ain’t mad at it. Looks like we took carter off the board which is fine.

I knew Holmes wanted a RB but figured Bijan would get to him at 12. He made a miscalculation.

The rams draft players for positions that will replace players upcoming in free agency (swift). I figured Brad would do the same and he did.

Y’all gotta stop parroting the stupid shyt talking heads say. They told us pocket passing was the only way, now they’re telling us RB’s have no value and their all the same.

We want to run the ball, this is great for us. Redundancy in the thing you wanna do best is good. The eagles value the D-line, we want to run it. 1 or 2 injuries in the RB room won’t ruin our season. You guys have been clamoring for a home run hitter, and you got it.

I won’t pretend I know a thing about Campbell and I also won’t pretend you guys weren’t pissed last year about us not addressing the LB position. Well, you got that too.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Lions somehow fukked this great positioning up :dead:
Think Seattle surprised everyone taking Weatherspoon. Sounds like NE would have drafted Gibbs if Lions did that. Still got 3 second rd picks. So we’ll see. Holmes has earned a little grace

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I really ain’t mad at it. Looks like we took carter off the board which is fine.

I knew Holmes wanted a RB but figured Bijan would get to him at 12. He made a miscalculation.

The rams draft players for positions that will replace players upcoming in free agency (swift). I figured Brad would do the same and he did.

Y’all gotta stop parroting the stupid shyt talking heads say. They told us pocket passing was the only way, now they’re telling us RB’s have no value and their all the same.

We want to run the ball, this is great for us. Redundancy in the thing you wanna do best is good. The eagles value the D-line, we want to run it. 1 or 2 injuries in the RB room won’t ruin our season. You guys have been clamoring for a home run hitter, and you got it.

I won’t pretend I know a thing about Campbell and I also won’t pretend you guys weren’t pissed last year about us not addressing the LB position. Well, you got that too.
People get too caught up in "value" instead of taking the best players, especially if they fill a need. Holmes did that with the first two picks.

If Will Levis falls, I'll be curious to see if they take him at 34. That would be really interesting. Regardless of how anyone feels about Levis as a prospect, this team still needs a backup QB. They need to draft one at some point over the next few days.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
End of the day we have an opportunity to continue really upgrading this team in the second round, to the point I can't be overly mad about either pick. I'm not sure who I would have been 100% hyped about over who we took. I wanted a CB at 18 but if we did that, what would the value be for this season? Banks/Porter/Gonzales/etc weren't going to start over Sutton and Mosley. If we went o-line at 12, that guy wouldn't start either.

Gibbs is gonna get a lot of snaps. Campbell is gonna start and eventually take Anzalone's job in a couple years. As long as we get a defensive tackle tomorrow I'm gonna say ok, this roster is much better and we're ready to go.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora

The RB thing is stupid …that led to Breece Hall and Kenneth Walker sliding to the second which was crazy as hell .Even PFF is starting to slow down on that talk and now say only “certain” teams should spend a first on RB (those with a foundation to actually benefit from a special RB) ..The lions were one of the teams mentioned in that boat along with the Eagles ,Cowboys and Bears .
It just boils down to if you think the lions picked good players …and I think they did .

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Pass rushers dropping so far. Gonna be some good defensive players in rd 2. Maybe we can get Hooker or Levis with one of those picks.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The RB thing is stupid …that led to Breece Hall and Kenneth Walker sliding to the second which was crazy as hell .Even PFF is starting to slow down on that talk and now say only “certain” teams should spend a first on RB (those with a foundation to actually benefit from a special RB) ..The lions were one of the teams mentioned in that boat along with the Eagles ,Cowboys and Bears .
It just boils down to if you think the lions picked good players …and I think they did .
Right. The saying is absolutes are for kids and dummies. Bijan, mccafery and saquon make absolute sense in the first. Idk why people talk themselves out of a good thing.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, it doesn't make any sense if you wanted a RB then you could have kept a 6th pick and drafted RB Bijan Robinson. The RB thing is just dumb. Wasted 6th pick

I'm very disappointed in Brad.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Also, it doesn't make any sense if you wanted a RB then you could have kept a 6th pick and drafted RB Bijan Robinson. The RB thing is just dumb. Wasted 6th pick

Depends. Gibbs could be better than Robinson. He’s definitely going to a better situation. And we dont know who there picking at 34.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Depends. Gibbs could be better than Robinson. He’s definitely going to a better situation. And we dont know who there picking at 34.
Bijan doesn't have breakaway speed so I was never gung ho about him. I prefer RBs with home run potential and Gibbs fits that mold.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Who were we supposed to take at 6? Jalen Carter was clearly not on our board, or Seattle's, or Chicago's. I like Tyree Wilson but I'm not taking him due to the foot injury. I love Darnell Wright but not taking him at 6. So we trade down to 12. Who are you taking that would be an amazing pick? The CBs wouldn't start, and it's clear Gonzales wasn't a Campbell guy.

The board didn't go our way, and Holmes stuck with his guys. I'm not a big fan of either pick but I see the vision for both.