Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Levis at 34 would make me vomit, given the guys that will likely be available there.

Leaning towards keeping Swift btw. Given how weak the draft is I'm not sure the value of picking up a 6th or 7th round pick for him is more valuable than keeping him as your third back for depth. Guys get dinged up and injured, and if Montgomery or Gibbs miss a game I'd rather have Swift step up than Craig Reynolds.
Exactly, I'll take an experienced home run hitter as my 3rd RB. The smart teams are already doing this. KC, NE, and PHI keep 3. Atl is on that list. You can never have too many good RB's.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I like the picks. i think when they hit the field it will be a lot of "my bad" :hubie: from the fanbase lol. I think DT/DE gets addressed, and I think they're banking on guys like Pascal and Houston taking a leap forward, and some guys like Levi being healthy.

Wouldn't mind them drafting WR or CB either
Only thing I disagree with. I don't think they counting on shyt from him and that back. Hey, can't always roll 7's.
Levis at 34 would make me vomit, given the guys that will likely be available there.

Leaning towards keeping Swift btw. Given how weak the draft is I'm not sure the value of picking up a 6th or 7th round pick for him is more valuable than keeping him as your third back for depth. Guys get dinged up and injured, and if Montgomery or Gibbs miss a game I'd rather have Swift step up than Craig Reynolds.
i agree

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
N1gga, yall better get some help on defense. The fukk.

On another note, I thought Jahmyr Gibbs was the best, most versatile rb in college football. Seems like Detroit did too
Our defense was shored up in Free Agency. Walker, our starting safety is returning from injury to play along with CGJ, Sutton and Mosley. Our D-line was our strength and will remain our strength. Linebacker was our biggest positional need and we took care of that. I'd like another DT and LB but I don't think our defense situation is as dire as people make it out to be.

The only thing we "need" to do is draft an O-lineman because we have a few players we're relying on that will be free agents next season.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Multiple teams. If it's just a player trade I can't see anything more than a 6th. But if you package Swift and a 5th, can we possibly get into the 4th round?

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
N1gga, yall better get some help on defense. The fukk.

On another note, I thought Jahmyr Gibbs was the best, most versatile rb in college football. Seems like Detroit did too
They got 3 seconds. Get Levis or Hooker then address DT and maybe outside X WR.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:I love the way y'all nikkas be getting uptight over draft picks, value and rankings and all that shyt. All I GAF about at this point is if these nikkas good or not and if they gonna improve the team overall. And I'll wait until the season to see if that's the case. fukk draft grades and mock positions. Them nikkas don't know shyt until it plays out on the field. Mayock was considered some type of draft guru, until he had to do that shyt foreal and got his ass fired shortly thereafter. I'm gone chill and let this shyt play out, and see if the coaching fits the players and puts them in good positions to succeed. It's worked the first 2 years under this regime. Let's see if it continues:yeshrug:
Talk to 'em.

These players would be celebrated if they were free agent acquisitions instead of draft picks. They address our team's needs and provide excellent value. Both a linebacker and a skilled running back were necessary additions to our roster.

However, positional value is only relevant in the context of a team's specific scheme. If a player doesn't fit within the scheme, it doesn't matter how valuable their position is. On the other hand, if a player is a great fit and can make a significant impact, their position on the field shouldn't dictate their draft value.

It's frustrating to see the phrase "positional value" thrown around without consideration to the bigger picture. Websites and media outlets use it to generate buzz and clicks. Who knows what buzzword will be next, but I hope people start thinking more critically about the value of the player and not the position.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Talk to 'em.

These players would be celebrated if they were free agent acquisitions instead of draft picks. They address our team's needs and provide excellent value. Both a linebacker and a skilled running back were necessary additions to our roster.

However, positional value is only relevant in the context of a team's specific scheme. If a player doesn't fit within the scheme, it doesn't matter how valuable their position is. On the other hand, if a player is a great fit and can make a significant impact, their position on the field shouldn't dictate their draft value.

It's frustrating to see the phrase "positional value" thrown around without consideration to the bigger picture. Websites and media outlets use it to generate buzz and clicks. Who knows what buzzword will be next, but I hope people start thinking more critically about the value of the player and not the position.
Football is discussed in extremely basic talking points by most fans and media. Very rarely is nuance considered and ideas are typically of the blanket variety. Then they're regurgitated by tv talking heads, sports talk radio, and fans ad nauseam as if it's expert analysis. I don't hardly watch college football anymore and I don't know most of these guys too have a strong opinion. And I'd bet beyond the fans of the college teams they play for, that's actually most people.

I'm bout to see what these boys do this season, and hopefully it's double digit wins and the division with solid contributions from the young players. That's all I ask.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
In such a weak draft I’m okay with forgetting positional value for need. Board just didn’t fall in Lions favor. None of top 3 QBs dropped. Anderson didnt fall. Witherspoon surprisingly went to Seattle. Carter is a headcase and Tyree Wilson has suspect medicals. No need for top Tackles. Gonzalez not cultural fit. Can’t say I’m mad at them passing over any particular player for Gibbs

Gibbs and Campbell are day one starters and will probably be in ROY running because these positions translate quickly.

They must hate Swift ass. Holmes was too hyped for the Gibbs pick

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
In such a weak draft I’m okay with forgetting positional value for need. Board just didn’t fall in Lions favor. None of top 3 QBs dropped. Anderson didnt fall. Witherspoon surprisingly went to Seattle. Carter is a headcase and Tyree Wilson has suspect medicals. No need for top Tackles. Gonzalez not cultural fit. Can’t say I’m mad at them passing over any particular player for Gibbs

Gibbs and Campbell are day one starters and will probably be in ROY running because these positions translate quickly.

:dead:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps

They certainly hate his (lack of) reliability :manny:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Based on that report about Darnell Washington's medicals not looking great, I wonder if he falls to our later 2nd round picks. If so I take him assuming the doctors are cool with it. Washington and Gibbs on the same side of the field could be unstoppable.

Joey Porter Jr
Brian Branch
Keeanu Benton
Darnell Washington
Sam LaPorta
Steve Avila
O'Cyrus Torrence
Jonathan Mingo

if we come out with a couple of those guys I'm gonna feel very good.