Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Campbell probably cost them this game. Stupid timeout before the half and the onside kick try

Honestly a quality loss. Eagles will be pretty good team. Next few games up should be easier. Eagles have an elite oline and Hurts mobility destroyed defense
I can live with an occasional gamble like that onside kick...that timeout before the half was inexcusable with the way their defense was getting cooked.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Campbell keeps doing stupid shyt. You could defend last year because the team had nothing to play for beyond reps. But that timeout and the kick were bad. Timeout was just bad, kick was emotional.

Also that d-line looks great at times but not having our last two 2nd round picks out there due to injury clearly hurts. If Levi and/or Paschal don’t contribute this year it’ll be the first time I truly question Brad Holmes. The 2nd round is for starters. Drafting guys with injury history because they fall to you isn’t always wise. I’m not really worried about Paschal long term but Levi? They said he played through major pain last year and couldn’t even sit down without feeling like shyt. So he comes back and hurts his back again the first day of pads practice? Yea man…I don’t think he recovers. Hope I’m wrong.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Three of the next four games are against Washington, Seattle and NE. The defense has to be decent in those games. If they're getting cooked against those teams, it's gonna be another three win season.

But yeah, we knew the defensive talent is still not there.

Offense is looking solid, even with Goof taking a half to get going.
Seattle stinks they shouldn’t have a problem with them. But Washington is a talented team and New England still got belicheck.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Seattle stinks they shouldn’t have a problem with them. But Washington is a talented team and New England still got belicheck.
New England's the real bellwether game for me. I get the Beli factor but they aren't that talented. It's on the road but Detroit has to win that game.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
New England's the real bellwether game for me. I get the Beli factor but they aren't that talented. It's on the road but Detroit has to win that game.
To me next weekend is the bell weather. At home, slow QB who panics when pressured, Chase Young isn’t playing…we should win this game. If we win this game I’ll buy in on us beating teams we should beat, and that alone could get you to 7-8 wins. A loss prob means we gotta think about packaging those first round picks for a QB.

Rodrigo had a solid game btw. Some mistakes but he made multiple plays. Sure tackler. Def a guy you want on your team.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Okudah low key shut down Devonta Smith :lupe:
Ball was thrown at him 4 times too. Very impressive. The one mistake he made - the pass interference call - was negated by a call on the Eagles. Really good game. I was following some of the team beat writers and they said he got pulled at some point in the third quarter, before going back in the 4th. Campbell said they have him on a pitch/snap count as he works back from injury. Okudah later said he had some cramps but outside of that felt good. Great news. If he plays like that all season this defense is gonna be fine. They got diced against the Eagles but we're not gonna face mobile QBs like that often. Anyone else would have been sacked at least 3 times yesterday. Which is definitely why I'm confident about next weekend.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Ball was thrown at him 4 times too. Very impressive. The one mistake he made - the pass interference call - was negated by a call on the Eagles. Really good game. I was following some of the team beat writers and they said he got pulled at some point in the third quarter, before going back in the 4th. Campbell said they have him on a pitch/snap count as he works back from injury. Okudah later said he had some cramps but outside of that felt good. Great news. If he plays like that all season this defense is gonna be fine. They got diced against the Eagles but we're not gonna face mobile QBs like that often. Anyone else would have been sacked at least 3 times yesterday. Which is definitely why I'm confident about next weekend.

I checked for okuda every snap and couldn’t figure out why he got yanked. I’m glad it was just cramps. I thought they weren’t happy with his play for some odd reason.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Looking at early mocks. This supposed to be really strong QB class with Bryce Young, Shroud, Levis, Richardson at top. Goff has to be amazing rest of year or Lions somehow get Lamar Jacskon for them
Not to draft QB next year. I definitely want to see Rams taking step back this year after going all in last year. So two mid 1st would be nice

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Looking at early mocks. This supposed to be really strong QB class with Bryce Young, Shroud, Levis, Richardson at top. Goff has to be amazing rest of year or Lions somehow get Lamar Jacskon for them
Not to draft QB next year. I definitely want to see Rams taking step back this year after going all in last year. So two mid 1st would be nice
Y’all gotta chill lamar Jackson is not coming to Detroit.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Guess it depends on Brad Holmes' vision and whether he's willing to change. QB has been a blindspot for him since he's so fixated on Goff. If Goff can't put up better numbers going forward he's probably gotta go. Assuming we win 6-7 games that gets us the 8-14th pick or so. Assuming the Rams have a down year, we could easily have two top 20 picks. Trade them both to get into the top 5 for a QB? Keep them and beef up the defense? It's gonna depend on Goff. He's got the o-line, run game, and weapons. I don't expect him to be perfect but that 4-5 drive stretch of three and outs was inexcusable.

Campbell has a 5 year deal, so does Holmes. I think Holmes has clearly hit on enough draft picks to convince me he's the guy. I got issues with the 2nd round/injury issue but outside of that I'm supportive. I'm not sold at all on Campbell as a game day coach, but am sold on him the other 6 days of the week. He just does too much dumb shyt on game day and is clearly a meathead at this point. Drafting a rookie QB would mean they at least get their full 5 years, barring some complete fukk up. I'm fine with that.