Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Y’all gotta chill lamar Jackson is not coming to Detroit.
Baltimore obviously doesn’t want to give him Rodgers/Mahomes money. Lions have the draft picks, cap space, assets to make a trade possible. I’d rather draft a qb next year but wouldn’t hate if they tried for Lamar :yeshrug:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Baltimore obviously doesn’t want to give him Rodgers/Mahomes money. Lions have the draft picks, cap space, assets to make a trade possible. I’d rather draft a qb next year but wouldn’t hate if they tried for Lamar :yeshrug:
They offered him Rodgers mahomes money. He wants fully guaranteed.
But if by any chance they was gonna trade him he would have half the league after him. He ain’t choosing to go to Detroit when he got better options.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Lamar gonna have better options but I agree with your viewpoint. There’s a limited window with Swift, the OL, and potentially Williams and I don’t want to waste that with Jared Goff . They also won’t be able to compete with the Texans or Jets for the top pick so they have to be aggressive at the QB position.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Lamar had a really good game last weekend but I'm just wary of giving fully guaranteed money to a guy who gets hit the way he gets hit regularly (compared to other QBs). If you do that you're putting all your eggs in the basket of a plan that wasn't Plan A. I don't know what Brad Holmes' master plan is - whether he believes Goff is the guy or whether he believes you can trade those two 1st round picks for a QB next year and start up the 4-5 year rookie deal plan that multiple teams have used to great success. Both of those plans give the regime ample time to build. You gotta build a team for Goff or a rookie QB, basically. But if you trade for Lamar next year you're basically saying this is the team that is gonna win now, no excuses. Can't say I buy the roster being ready for that...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Lamar had a really good game last weekend but I'm just wary of giving fully guaranteed money to a guy who gets hit the way he gets hit regularly (compared to other QBs). If you do that you're putting all your eggs in the basket of a plan that wasn't Plan A. I don't know what Brad Holmes' master plan is - whether he believes Goff is the guy or whether he believes you can trade those two 1st round picks for a QB next year and start up the 4-5 year rookie deal plan that multiple teams have used to great success. Both of those plans give the regime ample time to build. You gotta build a team for Goff or a rookie QB, basically. But if you trade for Lamar next year you're basically saying this is the team that is gonna win now, no excuses. Can't say I buy the roster being ready for that...
The offense has everything in place once Williams gets healthy. The Lions have more talent on offense than Lamar has ever played with in Baltimore. It comes down to whether or not you believe they can fill out the defense enough with cap space and their remaining picks.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So no Jonah Jackson or Ragnow and Swift will be limited :francis:
Like last season they need the losses here. Both the Lions and the Pistons are in the position where maybe one more year of tanking is all they need to leap from the garbage heap to mid to upper tier playoff team soon.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Like last season they need the losses here. Both the Lions and the Pistons are in the position where maybe one more year of tanking is all they need to leap from the garbage heap to mid to upper tier playoff team soon.
:mjlol:

Lions been tanking since 2014.

Btw, they winning today

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Seeing a lot of grumbling from Lions (blog) writers and fans on twitter today. I agree this is a big game, they need a win and you need some wins to show you’re heading in the right direction. But this is year two of a massive rebuild. Do people believe in rebuilds or not? Because clearly there’s a plan and we’re not at the end of it.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That’s why I didn’t mind. I knew our dline would hold. Didn’t expect a safety but I thought we’d get a short filed